Home

Spamming Passes into the Paint...whats the fix?

This is a discussion on Spamming Passes into the Paint...whats the fix? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2016, 02:33 PM   #33
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Spamming Passes into the Paint...whats the fix?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
That's insane man. And its exactly what I've been seeing in my games too. The devs need to be made aware of this problem.

Lead passing into the paint used to be a legacy issue in 2K for years and was finally fixed in the last few years. I don't understand how these things are resurfacing.

I loved this game until the patch made the passing into the paint super easy. Its like I went in a time machine and I'm playing 2K10 again

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
Lol bro, I'm on Xbox and this is pre-patch footage. If this is what's happening before the patch, then I can't even imagine what's happening after the patch.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #34
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

Wooow. Well the patch made passes faster so you'll see even more of that at a higher rate

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Old 10-03-2016, 03:40 PM   #35
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
It is absolute madness. Reckless ball is not being punished enough.

You can be in good position to defend the rim, and someone can throw a terrible lead pass and the game will literally take control of your player to prevent you from defending just so the pass can be caught. Crazy!
I think I am more upset at the actual passer to receiver animation. Yeah this is exactly what I was talking about. Who can catch the ball in traffic that easy and finish the play in one motion like that. He looks like he turned his head barely but he didn't even have to change speed, catches it with one hand and barely loses any speed. He Odell'ed that pass lol. If this was an oop maybe but the passing angle just didn't make since.

Lead passes do exist in basketball just not like this they are usually back door cuts from the corner or wings or pick switches. They are almost always dangerous down the center of the lane.

I know people hate the bobble catch animations but we need a middle ground somewhere here Beluba. Right now the lead pass to the paint is too powerful, lead passing else where I don't think is OP. We need more probability of a slow catch turn around and face the ball to catch the ball, or turnover for throwing a pass without a receiver looking at the play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2016, 05:54 PM   #36
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook

Dude...that made my F@&%ing head explode. Oh and I forgot to add the stats from the Minny game the guy direct passed all game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NBA 2K17_20161002141152.jpg (309.3 KB, 70 views)
Old 10-03-2016, 06:09 PM   #37
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Dude...that made my F@&%ing head explode. Oh and I forgot to add the stats from the Minny game the guy direct passed all game.
I see you had that one and done shooting type game based on your "low" shooting percentage and his high number of defensive rebounds. The only thing that saved you was your defense.

EDIT: Wow, he missed 9 shots and recovered 4 of them with offensive rebounding.
Old 10-03-2016, 08:47 PM   #38
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I see you had that one and done shooting type game based on your "low" shooting percentage and his high number of defensive rebounds. The only thing that saved you was your defense.

EDIT: Wow, he missed 9 shots and recovered 4 of them with offensive rebounding.
Yeah it was bad, that last pass into the paint was just ridiculous. I'm actually OK with stuff like second chance points and offensive rebounds going to the higher rated team (as long as thats in their skillset) when the talent disparity is big the lower rated team should have to fight an uphill battle--authenticity demands it...I don't cry about stuff like that.

Obviously better teams have more shot-makers but i'm also ok if gameplay sprinkles in a few over-the-back, blocking fouls and bad pass turnovers...thats subtle but effective, watch any NBA game..this is the stuff that bad teams do. What i'm not ok with? Is insta-dunks in the paint (dunks need a much longer gather) and exploits being the difference or my guys randomly double teaming creating scoring opportunities when i'm playing conservative D.#cmonman

"I know people hate the bobble catch animations but we need a middle ground somewhere here Beluba."

They can hate it all they like its very necessary--if its tiered towards bad passes there isnt an issue. We need the high pass and much more "bad pass" outcomes when guys throw long passes or try to thread the needle into traffic. More steals and deflections too. Way too many passes going right by guys heads into the paint. Unaware post defenders totally out of position giving guys dunks has got to stop.

Last edited by Kushmir; 10-04-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:07 AM   #39
MVP

[quote=Kushmir;2048490801More steals and deflections too. Way too many passes going right by guys heads into the paint. Unaware post defenders totally out of position giving guys dunks has got to stop.[/QUOTE]

Amen to that
Old 10-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #40
Pro

OVR: 2

The faster passing speeds have caused more problems to surface. I am dealing with bullet passes into the paint on HOF as well. I saw less of this with the gameplay out of the box. I am hoping that the fix 2k employs is not overly excessive. Tone down the pass speeds and slow the gameplay down to the levels out of the box. It seems like the animations are being sped up to keep up with the passing and clipping occurs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »