Home

Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

This is a discussion on Pass-first PG are useless in 2K? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #33
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Umm. I don't get what you're trying to prove? You said I said ball handling doesn't matter. Where? And what does me saying I hate to brag has to do w/ anything that's proving your point? And again I was talking passing. Boy you don't listen. Yes, on 2K17, I can run Tony Allen or someone else at PG and get assist like I am a Rondo player.

Show you what? That I can get assist w/ Tony Allen at PG lol? I mean anybody that is knowledgable at 2K knows if they put someone like a Tony Allen at PG and decided they want him to run the offense they could pass the ball just like a Rondo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really think you are missing what everyone else is trying to say.
We are just saying pass first PG are not useless.
You are trying to argue just to argue.
Just like you commented on my post as saying Sean Livingston is not a pass first point guard. Dude averages 5 fg attempts per game, he is a pass first point guard. And you say he has a great mid range jumper, not on this game! Trust me, dude cant hit an open jumper past 15' to save his life.
Point is, and the only point we are all trying to make and you are not getting is....Pass first PG do matter in this game.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #34
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Nobody said playmakers are useless. But they aren't used to their full potential. One of the highest attributes is passing for a playmaker and like Jrocc said the difference between a good and poor passer are very subtle whereas other attributes on other archetypes make a much bigger impact. IQ and vision also both mean nothing as a user. Its been that way since the dawn of 2K.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #35
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Pass-first PG are useless in 2K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I really think you are missing what everyone else is trying to say.

We are just saying pass first PG are not useless.

You are trying to argue just to argue.

Just like you commented on my post as saying Sean Livingston is not a pass first point guard. Dude averages 5 fg attempts per game, he is a pass first point guard. And you say he has a great mid range jumper, not on this game! Trust me, dude cant hit an open jumper past 15' to save his life.

Point is, and the only point we are all trying to make and you are not getting is....Pass first PG do matter in this game.

Who is trying to argue just to argue? Almost everyone was talking about MyCareer playmakers when it seems the OP isn't talking NOTHING about MyCareer. Like I said I could be wrong but it seems hes talking actual NBA players.

That's how I know you're not that good at the game. I've played w/ Livingston ALOT. And his midrange game is deadly and his post game is even more deadly. So you obviously don't know how to use him well especially against smaller guards.

Again most is talking about MyCareer type playmakers lol. What it seems like the OP is saying is the players known for passing doesn't really standout in 2K because passing doesn't is nowhere close to 3pt shooting and dunking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
Nobody said playmakers are useless. But they aren't used to their full potential. One of the highest attributes is passing for a playmaker and like Jrocc said the difference between a good and poor passer are very subtle whereas other attributes on other archetypes make a much bigger impact. IQ and vision also both mean nothing as a user. Its been that way since the dawn of 2K.
Thank you. It seems like they aren't getting it. And most experienced 2K players know. The players that's really getting picked up is players that can shoot and dunk. Over 2K history who isn't taking a player that can shoot and dunk (Gerald Green over the years) over a Rondo type player that can really only pass and do layups?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 10-13-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom
This year 2k destroy the balance by bringing back 90+ attitude...
Playmaker still have fun to play with but if you want to win more game..sorry..sharpshooter/stretch big is the only choice
Also the lazy Player Archetypes setting made by 2k...last year "outside" big man only has 74 3pt but this year has a 92 3pt....which make the stretch big overpower...
Lol what are u talking about?

I win 90% of games on Superstar with a playmaker...
Old 10-13-2016, 02:21 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
This type of PG is gets the ball to the right teammate at the right time in reality, such as Rubio, such as Rondo, but they seem to be useless and unable to do this pass first thing in 2K. Do you guys agree? I feel like in 2K you can only pick either a guy that can shoot 3s to score, dunk to score inside, big and tall to play defense and block shots, and you would not pick someone like Rubio but he is actually very important to a real basketball team in real life!

Anything but a sharpshooter is useless in this game. The defense online is so broken I do not even know where to begin. I like all the new features this game has to offer but 2k16 was much better to play in the park.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:42 AM   #38
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

Seems like there's quite a bit of work to be done but the fluidity of 17 is just way better than 16 imo. I think after a couple patches 16 will be forgotten. I have a playmaker only because I read a few topics about **** creator not being that good. Then I drop all the VC on my playmaker and now I'm seeing people saying shot creators are underrated. Smh lol

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #39
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

i agree...."easy" passes into the paint get stolen 75% in pro-am, especially when the opponent big-mans are AI-Players....

i have 90+ in pass-accuracy (+ golden dimer badge), but it feels like i'm a normal player without special passing skills....i loved PRO-AM in 2k16 as a playmaker....but 2k17 destroys it....i make 80% of the time safe passes (i don't want to get a turnover) and still don't like to pass into the paint...

every 2k title i played as a PG/Playmaker...but this year passing sucks...sure, i'm fast and can score by myself (mostly mid-range, because the playmaker archetype don't allow you to be a good 3-point shooter)), but my playstyle is more like rubio (passing first).... passing feels broken, hope 2k will fix it!

Last edited by Fredette; 10-14-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 9

Good passers with good vision should be able to thread the needle more and make better and more clever passes. A guy like Sergio Rodriguez or Rubio should be able to be "crafty" in the game and play and pass a bit differently. Maybe have different animations for their passes and also have some sort of Craftiness stat or something that makes defenders get slightly confused at times when defending them (like trying to defend Ginobli over the years. He often confused defenders with his crafty style of play). I've been watching Sergio Rodriguez in preseason so far and he often makes a play that catches the D really off-guard.

Add nice pocket passes and make passing more difficult in general. A good passer should be way more accurate and their passes should be caught in better positions, etc., increasing the success rate of the catch (which should be more important, it would help differentiate a good passer from someone who shouldn't be making those passes as well as cut down on the passing cheese), as well as even the accuracy of a shot slightly (guys like Jason Kidd would hit shooters perfectly to get them into their shots perfectly). Etc. Hitting a shooter coming off a pin down screen to get them in their shooting form is an art. A poorer passer could hit them and maybe the pass is a little behind them or something, causing a slight delay, etc. Things like that would make the game more realistic and separate good passers more, IMO.

In 2K16, playing against a CPU Steve Nash on the old Suns team was kind of really tough at times. He often would make some pretty neat passes and always find the open man (and not in an overly scripted or predictable way). It was pretty interesting.

All I know is that I used to use the Andre Miller 76ers back in the day and had a ball with them. I used him like he played in real life at the time and would dominate many opponents. I don't remember noticing much of a difference in terms of passing skills with Andre, though. He would rack up assists as I would with most PGs in 2K over the years, but I'm not sure I ever felt a huge difference in his skill from other PGs with different skill sets...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »