Home

Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted?

This is a discussion on Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 11:17 PM   #9
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Anybody Else Getting Forced In The Post/Protect Ball Position Unwanted?

The only thing that should be automatic in this game is keeping your dribble live. If I don't want to pick up the ball while I'm getting bumped, that should be on me to decide if potentially beating my man is worth the increased risk of losing the ball. Same thing here.. if I don't want to get in the protect ball stance because I believe it'll take too long to change directions then, again, that's on me if something goes wrong. There's actual risk/reward decision making there which is what basketball is all about.

Right now 2K still sucks you into animations and then something goes wrong as result, making you feel helpless. This has got to go.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
The only thing that should be automatic in this game is keeping your dribble live. If I don't want to pick up the ball while I'm getting bumped, that should be on me to decide if potentially beating my man is worth the increased risk of losing the ball. Same thing here.. if I don't want to get in the protect ball stance because I believe it'll take too long to change directions then, again, that's on me if something goes wrong. There's actual risk/reward decision making there which is what basketball is all about.

Right now 2K still sucks you into animations and then something goes wrong as result, making you feel helpless. This has got to go.
I agree in theory but that would make for one strange looking game of basketball. Not only would players lose the ball a lot but how are they going to manage clipping issues, etc.?
Old 10-20-2016, 11:49 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
whats the ball-security rating of the person thats doing it....not seeing this with Harden or Curry...
I thought about that BUT it's a forced animation like last year when you beat your guy it basically forces you into an animation that slows you down.

My ball control is 83 which I don't see should have anything to do with this animation. To my knowledge that wasn't the case last year.

It's like it triggers when u beat your man and he's pursuing u from behind pause but when he's close behind you it forces you to post up or if you are a little inside the three point line it triggers randomly. Problems is if anybody wants to post up or protect the ball there is a button for that.

Eh yo 2headed don't come in here with the sarcasm yo, don't do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 11:56 PM   #12
Pro

Basically it triggers sometimes when a defender is remotely in the area good or bad position its unwanted and shouldn't bc you lose control of the direction you were moving in and getting out of the animation forces you into an unwanted direction trying to get out of it bc you didn't want to be there in the first place causing u to sometimes dribble into someone's body and get bodied up or lose the ball if that makes sense.
Old 10-20-2016, 11:57 PM   #13
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This head 2 head match ups?
Old 10-21-2016, 12:00 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
This head 2 head match ups?
No this I see in my park mostly, so head to head may have no idea what we're talking about.
Old 10-21-2016, 12:13 AM   #15
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm not sure what you're talking about now...care to post an example...?

At first I thought you were talking about the game forcing you to go into a post up when someone is cutting you off...that I have seen a lot...but this is triggering without contact?

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-21-2016 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2016, 12:26 AM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I'm not sure what you're talking about now...care to post an example...?

At first I thought you were talking about the game forcing you to go into a post up when someone is cutting you off...that I have seen a lot...but this is triggering without contact?
I'm sure YOU dnt lol

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 10-21-2016 at 12:40 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »