Home

Highest Rated Computer Generated Rookie 2k17

This is a discussion on Highest Rated Computer Generated Rookie 2k17 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2016, 08:34 PM   #9
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Highest Rated Computer Generated Rookie 2k17

Never touched the draft quality slider and a 82 rating is the highest I've seen a rookie get, high 70's is where the best rated player in the draft has typically been at for me.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:45 PM   #10
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwill_23
I have just witnessed the Portland trailblazers draft a 6'8 sf rated an 88 overall speed is 97 driving dunk 88 open three 84 mid range off the dribble 79. The next Lebron...his name is Byron Carson and he wears #23.
When did the career ending injury set in?
Old 10-29-2016, 09:31 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
When did the career ending injury set in?
LOL...as a play in to that particular curse.. I just said that the fortunes have finally turned for the blazers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2016, 10:01 PM   #12
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

I mean Karl Anthony Towns came in as an 86 Overall and Shaq's rookie card was a 93 Overall.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:08 AM   #13
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Derrick Rose came in around 81 in the 2k that he debuted. I think Grant Hill came in the league and was an all-star as a rookie so he'd have been in the 80s overall. Of course there's the legends like Magic, Bird, Shaq, Wilt, MJ who came into the league as top 10 talent at their times.

I'm OK with it as long as the 88 overall players are few and far between. Like once or twice every 10 years. 3 in 10 years should be an anomaly (but an anomaly like that is possible irl). I play MyGM and I haven't experienced anyone come in the first 5 seasons more than an 81 overall with generated classes.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:35 AM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Derrick Rose came in around 81 in the 2k that he debuted. I think Grant Hill came in the league and was an all-star as a rookie so he'd have been in the 80s overall. Of course there's the legends like Magic, Bird, Shaq, Wilt, MJ who came into the league as top 10 talent at their times.

I'm OK with it as long as the 88 overall players are few and far between. Like once or twice every 10 years. 3 in 10 years should be an anomaly (but an anomaly like that is possible irl). I play MyGM and I haven't experienced anyone come in the first 5 seasons more than an 81 overall with generated classes.
Out of my first four drafts the 88 was by far the highest, and all other classes, the top guys were around the mid to high 70s. This particular draft class had three guys in the 80's. The 88 sf and two power forwards at 82 and 81.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:24 PM   #15
Rookie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3xZD60XtrQ

Here is a little footage of the 2020 All-star game with all those great rookies. #22 Lindsey is an 81 overall power forward on the black team, #30 Carpenter is the 82 pf on the black team, and #23 Carson is the 88 overall sf on the black team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 03:50 AM   #16
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345

I think 88 is a bit too high, but I agree in principle. However it's weird to have such varied results. I tend to turn the quality down in my earlier years pretty far because I like real life players to have a chance to take over the league rather than some CG guys. But one expansion mode, I used the same slider set and I drafted and 88 Center and an 85 SG back to back. Even the later picks were pretty high. I remember the Celtics picking right after me and getting an 84 in that first year.

I think that's a little excessive considering Ben Simmons has been hailed as this generations "Once in a Generation" player and he's only a 79. Or even KAT who I think is the true next #OinaG player is an 88.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »