Home

Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game?

This is a discussion on Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does Park/Pro-Am Need to be Spun Off Into It's Own Game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Why couldn't each game be $30 or $40, though? 2K sold their high quality game for $20 one year.
You seriously think they're willing to do that again?

Lolnah
Old 10-31-2016, 04:53 PM   #18
Pro

No. All 2K needs to do is differentiate sliders and fixes between the respective modes. If shooting % is too high in the park, don't lower universal percentages, just lower park percentages. Having 2 separate games is dumb, and way too complicated, why not just ask for individual sliders, and fixes for the modes.

People like me who play both, would now have to buy and/or download 2 games, plus VC, plus an optional special edition. That's bullsh*t, I don't have to time to constantly close my apps to switch back and forth.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #19
Rookie

TrueHoliday's Arena

If Pro Am/Park was a seperate game then they couldn't half *** the modes and would require effort and dare I say it ... beta testing. So, not gonna happen along with a bunch of other real reasons.

Wouldn't it be easier to split the slider settings instead of making a separate game just to have split sliders?

Last edited by TrueHoliday; 10-31-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:31 PM   #20
Rookie

Zombie mode (Call of Duty)would not sell well by itself.
Horde mode (Gears of War) would sell double nickel in the streets
If FIFA haso a multi-player mode, it might sell as a stand alone. But I doubt it.
Madden barely meets it's annual quotas, so I doubt it could sustain as an online multi-player
Stand alone project.

To the OP and the ones who agree that 2k should separate my career from park/PRO Am, how do you propose they go about doing it? It's sounds ridiculous to put yourselves on a pedastool as if to say that "offline players" deserve to make their my playerson how they see fit but anyone who plays for competition online should have to be limited to a capped player who resembles NOTHING like an actual NBA Superstar.

Athletic finisher Big Man - at best You're Rookie Blake Griffin
Shot Creator sg-Joe Johnson without the 3
Sharpshooter-Ray Allen without the handles nor the speed
Stretch Big-Dirk Nowitzki without speed, rebounding
Lock down Defender-Kawhi/Tony Allen without a jumper/3 point shot
Playmakers-Irving without the jumpshots
Post Scorers-Olajuwon without the lateral quickness or the defense or the rebounding

All these archetypes have hard caps and you can only be great at one thing. If 2k were to make these parks/PRO Am games a stand alone project, they would need to make sure the caps were less strict and the the game modes were given a just as much attention as say MyGm and Leagues are given every year.

What are your suggestions to this "problem"?

Last edited by Breakstarter; 10-31-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:33 PM   #21
Rookie

Not an entire game but your My Player in your My Career should not be affected by your playing in My Park.

We shouldn't have to play thousands of My Park/Pro Am games to get the rest of our upgrades. Completely dumb in my opinion.

If people wanna play My Park all day then incorporate their own rating system, let them level their guys up by player park and the people who wanna play My Career can enjoy the game mode with no hassles,

2K could even bring a Co-op mode where players team up against other computer teams and superstars like what NBA Live 16 did. That was fun.

Last edited by ELPAGA; 11-01-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2016, 05:41 PM   #22
Rookie

timothythefirst's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluent2332
Why couldn't each game be $30 or $40, though? 2K sold their high quality game for $20 one year.
that was 12 years ago... things are much different now.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:55 PM   #23
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

We know that separate games is really just wishful thinking/a thought exercise because it isn't going to happen. It's just that E-Sports, Park, Pro-AM gameplay programming is likely to have a permanently negative affect on offline play even with all of the slider adjustments available. It's really unfortunate.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 10-31-2016, 06:56 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Well, if 2K doesn't want to separate the games than I'm sure someone from EA is reading this and will take the opportunity to try and win back sim players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »