Home

Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

This is a discussion on Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?
No. Keep it as it is. 31 27.93%
Yes, and give us a $20 DLC next year for NBA Roster updates. 31 27.93%
Yes, but no DLC needed - NBA Roster Update should be free like Patches. 49 44.14%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2016, 04:41 PM   #1
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

OVR: 0
Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

Considering 2k17 is still being worked on (via patch) - are you ready to replace 2k18 with a $20 DLC for roster/mode updates... and pay $60 for a solid 2k19 release?

You could make an argument that 2k17 is 2k14 with some graphic updates, patches, and slider tweaks.

Imagine what they could do with an extra year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
MVP

ph33's Arena

Re: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

You know damn well they don't care, all they care about is $$$, be ready for another premature September release that doesn't get fixed till November at the earliest.

What they *should* do or what we would like them to do.....will never ever line up with their interests.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:55 PM   #3
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Are 2k Fans ready for Bi-Annual releases to improve the quality of the game?

Count me on the yes side of this argument, simply put I'm positive an 18 month Dev cycle would allow the introduction of new features and the time to solve the glitches they cause and at the same time allow them the patience to really attack the legacy issues
Old 11-10-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Talk to me when the NBA and all of 2K's shareholders allow for this to happen.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:01 PM   #5
Pro

No ! reason : 2K was fire before as a annual release therefore they can make super quality game that is annualy released. What they need to do is to work their a**es with gameplay engine, physics and everything related to gameplay. What they do now is put like 40% their effort into gameplay/animations/ACE/movement system and 60% into MyTeam and that just doesn't cut it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2016, 05:11 PM   #6
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
No ! reason : 2K was fire before as a annual release therefore they can make super quality game that is annualy released. What they need to do is to work their a**es with gameplay engine, physics and everything related to gameplay. What they do now is put like 40% their effort into gameplay/animations/ACE/movement system and 60% into MyTeam and that just doesn't cut it.
I agree they should do those things, but do you think they have enough time? Considering that they're still working on 2k17 via Patch Fixes... I'd say they don't.

Also, as a consumer, what would be the downside of the wait?

To me, I don't see a downside from our end... it'd also mean Online Players might actually get their Attribute Rep Bonuses before the next game comes out.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Talk to me when the NBA and all of 2K's shareholders allow for this to happen.
This is true only because they have no competition... I don't think it will stay that way, though. If they value longevity - they might have to start worrying about the product quality.

They could probably think of more ways to make money too... along with the $20 DLC could be a whole new set of Rep Gains that you have to earn, which means they can still get that VC Money.

DLC could come with more junk to spend VC on (new historic NBA Players or Team Cards that you can buy)... Personally, I skip games here and there.. but if they did this, I'd most likely never skip them because I'd feel more confident in the quality of the product.
Old 11-10-2016, 05:22 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGaryColeman
I agree they should do those things, but do you think they have enough time? Considering that they're still working on 2k17 via Patch Fixes... I'd say they don't.

Also, as a consumer, what would be the downside of the wait?

To me, I don't see a downside from our end... it'd also mean Online Players might actually get their Attribute Rep Bonuses before the next game comes out.
True that but amount of effort they put in MyTeam is just ridiculous, mode is old few years now but being a cash cow is now highly maintenance mode. I swear i every other post from 2K on facebook is about MyTeam cards (highflyer, sharpshooter, legends ... etc).

However i give them props for MyLeague this year which performs great and i must add lot better than i expected. What i find disappointing particulary on next gen is basic gameplay/animations. On the other hand sport titles like FIFA for example get complete overhaul in span of one year, they tinkering and tweaking their game engine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »