Home

Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead

This is a discussion on Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 07:47 PM   #73
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pham pretty much shows why offline 2k is dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
This vid is early in the game tho. Score 6-8 points with CP3 first, then record this video.

The 'Adaptive' part of ACE will send the most nonsensical double, and that's where the adaptions seem to stop.

Pham's vids are clearly later in the game (scores in the 50s) and we're basically to believe that a coach would constantly send a double to a dribbler at the top of the key, later in the shot clock, because he previously scored about 8 points...

There's nothing adaptive about that coaching philosophy. At some point you have to...adapt...and try something else, no?

Some will say that's a problem with the 'broken double team logic and not ACE' but the 'C' in ACE stands for coaching. How is broken double team logic not ACE not working correctly?

Maybe it was explained to be something other than what I'm assuming it to be. I dunno..
Now that's a good point about the timing of the game. I did nothing but middle DJ pnr in the first and was obviously very successful (35pts). So in the second qtr ACE decides to double Chris Paul or hard hedge him while leaving DJ guarded in the corner. THATS not good adjustment, that was my point. ACE doesn't adjust correctly and when it does it forgets. The double team mechanic is part of ACE pnr defense scheme, it chose that as a counter to what I was doing even tho the dumbest thing about my scheme was leaving non shooting bigs beyond the three pt line.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:09 PM   #74
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
The way yall pick and roll is completly different. Stick skills is night and day.

Game has issues, nothing new though.
Nope. He would do a simple R move which I recreated. I didn't bother passing as I was just looking at the rotation to Griffin. I saw switches, hedger staying attached, rotations off weak shooters.

Sam's video started showing in the 2nd Q. And Paul is getting doubled. I never saw that. Clearly he has gone nuts in the 1st Q with someone and forced doubles. I think we all acknowledge that rotation out of doubles needs to be strengthened. But the basic p[ick and roll defense is good most of the time.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:15 PM   #75
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Nope. He would do a simple R move which I recreated. I didn't bother passing as I was just looking at the rotation to Griffin. I saw switches, hedger staying attached, rotations off weak shooters.

Sam's video started showing in the 2nd Q. And Paul is getting doubled. I never saw that. Clearly he has gone nuts in the 1st Q with someone and forced doubles. I think we all acknowledge that rotation out of doubles needs to be strengthened. But the basic p[ick and roll defense is good most of the time.
Want me to stream a game lol I will show you that you are wrong lol. 35+ in first quarter on HOF you can look at all the sliders and crap you want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 PM   #76
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyJ2k
Want me to stream a game lol I will show you that you are wrong lol. 35+ in first quarter on HOF you can look at all the sliders and crap you want
even if i don't get over 35 I guarantee you I will show you many many times I get wide open dunks lol
Old 11-18-2016, 08:24 PM   #77
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Ah see, now we're getting somewhere. Your video started off by rubbbishing the ACE system in its entirety. You said, with typical You Tuber bluster and exaggeration, it didnt defend at a High School level.

Well, that's simply not true. The ACE system offers plenty of benefits; you've picked out the weakest part of it (rotations after doubles) to rubbish the whole system.

Middle pick and rolls used to be automatic in past 2Ks. Rotations are better then ever. I dont recall you saying anything negative about them before, why are you making blanket statements about OG's ACE system now?

Furthermore, from what Ive seen of your videos many have been positive about finding exploits. I can recall you specifically saying "You will break the defense eventually" a few weeks ago, but you didnt present this as a development failure.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:28 PM   #78
Just started!

Quote:
Ah see, now we're getting somewhere. Your video started off by rubbbishing the ACE system in its entirety. You said, with typical You Tuber bluster and exaggeration, it didnt defend at a High School level.

Well, that's simply not true. The ACE system offers plenty of benefits; you've picked out the weakest part of it (rotations after doubles) to rubbish the whole system.

Middle pick and rolls used to be automatic in past 2Ks. Rotations are better then ever. I dont recall you saying anything negative about them before, why are you making blanket statements about OG's ACE system now?

Furthermore, from what Ive seen of your videos many have been positive about finding exploits. I can recall you specifically saying "You will break the defense eventually" a few weeks ago, but you didnt present this as a development failure.
Dude your simply wrong and too bad at the game to prove that you are
Old 11-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #79
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Quote:

I never ran a whole qtr of middle pnrs with DJ in the corner/wing or Blake in the corner/wing until I did this test with my buddies. We stuck with that system for an entire half average around 70. The main culprit was because ACE doesn't cheat off of the big man beyond the three point line. A simple rotation is not enough, if DJ is at the three no one should be 10 feet around him. ACE will put a defender close to him while a middle pnr is obviously developing. That's why I consider ACE below high school level. The doubles never needed to come if they would just sag off Blake and DJ at the three while the PNR develops. Even with the double you did see Howard hug DJ or stay close to him at the 3, you don't consider this a problem ?

You are looking at Pnr defense as on ball and rotation only, I am looking at it as why doesn't ACE just tell Dwight to leave DJ if he's at the 3 pt line ? Focus on this issue first, because is HUGE
Old 11-18-2016, 08:42 PM   #80
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I just wanted to show you how the CPU ACE does make adjustments and the different styles of Defenses it employs based on personnel. The CPU again does a variety of Defensive schemes to combat the PnR.

My agenda with ACE is the end-user side of things, it doesn't stick, highlight ect... We don't know what defense we are in because of this blunder, so we break the defense. The End-User experience is non-existant.

Great video. 10/10.

It's videos like yours that make me wonder how other people can't see this stuff.

And I do agree with you about the end user stuff. I misunderstood your point the other. My bad.

And you're spot on about how sometimes great players are just too great. I play with the Clippers, and the D rotates but my guys are just good sometimes. Paul is the most intelligent basketball player Ive ever seen and Griffin/DAJ 2 of the best finishers. Their ratings reflect this.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »