Home

Defense has finally gone too far in this game

This is a discussion on Defense has finally gone too far in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 02:53 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Defense has finally gone too far in this game

It's the camera angle. It's user input.

That's bill crap.

If you literally haven't broken someone down to the FLOOR and CA watch them pop right back up to contest your jumper then you don't know frustration.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:56 PM   #10
Banned

jax01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
It's the camera angle. It's user input.

That's bill crap.

If you literally haven't broken someone down to the FLOOR and CA watch them pop right back up to contest your jumper then you don't know frustration.
Put it to the test then. I bet he has way better success using 2k camera. This camera puts isomotion at a disadvantage so I'm not surprised. Also what difficulty is it on? Also we only see 2 possessions. Also Greg Monroe is sagging off but the dude's hell bent on driving. A lot of variables.

Last edited by jax01; 11-18-2016 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:04 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm not sure if it's the camera angle or because you are playing against a human but I have no trouble getting past the cpu on HOF with an elite dribbler. I guess this is just one more reason I only play offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I felt 2K16 had the one on one aspect nearly perfect. Every one knows how hard I vouched for it last year.

You could blow by big men with smaller guards on the regular.

You could catch guys 'choosing wrong' and take advantage.

I have no idea why they moved the needle so far in the other direction. One of the more frustrating aspects of the game for me personally.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 11-18-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:10 PM   #13
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Put it to the test then. I bet he has way better success using 2k camera. This camera puts isomotion at a disadvantage so I'm not surprised. Also what difficulty is it on? Also we only see 2 possessions. Also Greg Monroe is sagging off but the dude's hell bent on driving. A lot of variables.
I use 2K camera in every other game mode. This doesn't change.

I'm hellbent on driving because that's what a guard in this matchup would do. You get berated for settling for a jumper with this type of mismatch. You think that he's sagging off, but he's really not. He is at a smart distance. As a big, unless it's Steph Curry you're guarding, you want to give enough space to let the guard think he can pull up but close the gap with your height (which he did) and that's why guards drive past big men, or get them off balance with an in & out or step back before pulling up (Kyrie is probably the best at this). That's what real basketball is. However 2K doesn't allow me to create the necessary space for this counter-play so I ended up getting blocked or forced into a pickup animation every time. In reality the counter-play works because most centers can't keep up with elite ball handlers. In the game it fails because speed and quickness are negligible thus me being twice as fast as Monroe has no affect on gameplay.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:23 PM   #14
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax01
Defending this in any way is ridiculous.
Old 11-18-2016, 03:44 PM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Great post. This vid just goes to show that the defensive ratings mean jack. Every player in the game has ungodly like defense. Its written in the code. You may be able to drive from time to time in this game but it's random. Playing mismatches are apart of the game and is severely lacking in 2Ks game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 04:46 PM   #16
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

Lets say you get lucky and make a few shots. Look out you're not allowed to have fun anymore now 2k will send a double team at you as soon as you catch the ball once you get to 8-10 points. This is a GAME 2k let us have fun. Don't rip us off by inflating VC costs, double team the **** out of us every time we get a few buckets, and make us grind by going to practice 8 times just to get 1 upgrade. Don't even get me started on the grind for superstar 1 so I can get my last 10 upgrades. It literally takes months of playing. It's like they're trying to figure out ways to make this game not fun to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »