Home

Defense has finally gone too far in this game

This is a discussion on Defense has finally gone too far in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-18-2016, 05:08 PM   #17
Rookie

meccs's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defense has finally gone too far in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Don't rip us off by inflating VC costs, double team the **** out of us every time we get a few buckets, and make us grind by going to practice 8 times just to get 1 upgrade.
Oh god the practice... the most mind numbingly boring waste of time thing they have done in a while.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:25 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

But, hey, Snoop Dog is doing some promo right. I mean that's what we all want. Improved gameplay isn't what we want. We want Fitbit and Snoop Dog.
Old 11-18-2016, 05:35 PM   #19
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by perksg
But, hey, Snoop Dog is doing some promo right. I mean that's what we all want. Improved gameplay isn't what we want. We want Fitbit and Snoop Dog.
I'm thrilled about these exciting and much needed additions to the NBA simulation video game I purchased!
Old 11-18-2016, 05:46 PM   #20
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I'm thrilled about these exciting and much needed additions to the NBA simulation video game I purchased!
I could feel the sarcastic response coming as soon as I saw fitbit in the other guys post lol.. Begby your on a mission man I'm not making fun of you either i think its funny... on the posters subject though, that video was a mixed bag, Monroe had immediate lateral movement to cut off the drive which is horsesh$$ but then there were times where the ball handler had the lane and just stopped... I would definitely advise you guys to check out JerseyMade93 on YouTube for dribbling tips to get past CPU defense going back to 2K15, he gives great insight into spacing and neutral position explosion and what really helped me was the little "tells" the CPU gives when they are fooled by an isomotion move that will allow you to get around them, its not full proof but it does help a lot
Old 11-18-2016, 05:55 PM   #21
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

The isolation game in this iteration of 2K is nearly non existent after the patches.

Out of the box things felt great, now defenders are sticking to you like glue.

It's something that's been happening in Madden for as long as I remember. The AI reacts IMMEDIATELY to your button inputs, instead of tracking the ball or player movement. The AI knows where you're going, and they get an insane speed boost to stay in front of your man.

Not every player in the NBA is a lock down defender, but 2k17 seems to think they are. Defense is seriously a complete mess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2016, 06:03 PM   #22
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The isolation game in this iteration of 2K is nearly non existent after the patches.

It's something that's been happening in Madden for as long as I remember. The AI reacts IMMEDIATELY to your button inputs, instead of tracking the ball or player movement. The AI knows where you're going, and they get an insane speed boost to stay in front of your man.

Not every player in the NBA is a lock down defender, but 2k17 seems to think they are. Defense is seriously a complete mess.

your second paragraph is what commenting on, do you think this can be fixed? I'm honestly asking this because what I see happening is scenario that basically goes like this: community goes gaga at launch over being able to get around cpu defense, one week later 2K devs get bombarded with complaints about too much scoring in the paint or wide open 3 pointers, two weeks later patch neuters ability to get around the CPU... its a pattern I've noticed for the last 3 versions of this game (not for defense specifically but you know what i mean)
Old 11-18-2016, 06:10 PM   #23
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

To be fair, even if the NBA was full of elite defenders, they still couldn't react that quickly. As said before the cpu reacts too your immediate controller input. Of course they couldn't slide all over the court, morph through people or avoid fouls like they do in this game either.

It's so bad at times you just want to move to a certain area on the court to set up plays or to follow play art and your defender just explodes and slams into you. It's so frustrating, and what's worse is knowing that lots of people, including the devs (obviously, since they made up this fantasy defense) are ok with it and it'll probably be around for years to come.

Last edited by BegBy; 11-18-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:20 PM   #24
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

On ball def is way to good, and off ball is way to bad. The lateral quickness and onball defense ratings are placebo for the cpu. Same goes for stealing and blocking. The bigs fly around the court like Leonard. Noting better then watching guys like Kevin Love and David Lee explode out of their defensive stance to change directions, block shots or grab steals.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »