Home

2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

This is a discussion on 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

Whats up with David Aldridge every time talks about me posting triple double when my numbers are nowhere near TD. Switched 4 teams in MyCareer and yet on every team i encounter this annoying so called coach, who the hell is this guy and whose idea was to put generic coach ?!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2016, 04:53 PM   #26
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

Re: 2K17 Gameplay Stress Test Discussion Thread: The goal is to make a better 2K18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperlz_99
I think it's as someone mentioned before. It was brought in to combat single players getting too many points on my career.

But as a result it has broken the myleague and mygm modes. Maybe it's time for them to separate the game engine used in different modes
Why is that important to 2K ? Limiting individual MyCareer scoring while disregarding its effects on team DRTG and Net RTG ? Why double to lower player A scores but lose the game to easy dunks by his teammates ?
Old 11-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #27
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
Why is that important to 2K ? Limiting individual MyCareer scoring while disregarding its effects on team DRTG and Net RTG ? Why double to lower player A scores but lose the game to easy dunks by his teammates ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
The only reason they "care" about what someone does in MyCareer, is because it's linked to, and directly impacts, players that play in the Park & Pro-Am.

If they make MyCareer its own separate mode, leave all online related stuff....online...that would sever the link between offline players suffering from affects of taming the online experience.

It makes so much sense, it'll never happen.
People spam exploits in MyCareer to get badges & go into the Park. So it seems like 2K took a shot at "leveling" the playing field by making the single player mode more "difficult"

It's the only possible explanation that I could come up with
Old 11-20-2016, 05:24 PM   #28
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

I wouldn't expect to be engaged in any kind of dialogue with devs about this.

Their higher ups won't allow any fan/community interaction that isn't approved ahead of time.

Most I'd expect here is a canned response from a rep like LD2K letting us know that they are taking fan feedback seriously.

Them replying to this directly would basically be admitting fault. It also opens a can of worms where if they respond to this, they have to respond to everyone.

There isn't any real community/dev back and forth.

That's not to say that 2K won't try to fix it, because I believe in my heart they will...they just aren't going to have a discussion with you about it.

I say keep making the videos and keep the discussion going though.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:18 PM   #29
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

If you've been a member on this site more than a year I don't even know how you could say/cosign the idea that the devs have never interacted with us with a straight face. Its simply not true. Even this year, Mike has spoken candidly about many of the decisions made, like he always does.

Sorry i couldn't just let that statement go.

That said, this year, we are definitely missing Czar and OG to talk about these philosophies they have put in place. I dont know why that is and I wont speculate...but the community really needs it right now...theres a lot of confusion/frustration.
Old 11-20-2016, 08:28 PM   #30
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If you've been a member on this site more than a year I don't even know how you could say/cosign the idea that the devs have never interacted with us with a straight face. Its simply not true. Even this year, Mike has spoken candidly about many of the decisions made, like he always does.

Sorry i couldn't just let that statement go.

That said, this year, we are definitely missing Czar and OG to talk about these philosophies they have put in place. I dont know why that is and I wont speculate...but the community really needs it right now...theres a lot of confusion/frustration.
i don't see any devs including mike acknowledge or talk about the gameplay issues that are driving a lot of os'ers nuts. i'll be damned is he responds to sam's thread or any of the defense/fast break threads.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:00 AM   #31
Rookie

meccs's Arena

Well, Da_Czar just commented on the Fast Break problem so that's a start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-21-2016, 04:11 AM   #32
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccs
Well, Da_Czar just commented on the Fast Break problem so that's a start.
Fast break problem come from the size court!!
Watch the second E of Center!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »