Home

in your opinion, which archtype is the hardest to guard?

This is a discussion on in your opinion, which archtype is the hardest to guard? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-29-2016, 02:56 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: in your opinion, which archtype is the hardest to guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
for slashers, i just stand by the edge of the paint and meet them there 3/5 times if i dont mess up, i win that showdown.

I hate that this is so effective now. Before the difficult shots nerf I could consistently punish guys for camping the paint of my slasher but this is now a effective strategy. I can still hit a pull up every once in a while now but it makes me so one dimensional now and easy to counter without the threats of a middy. Btw I'm not saying I should hit them all but before I would say I doing maybe 2-3 a game and shooting around 30-40% percent of them overall but now it feels more like 10% and I feel lucky to hit 1 every 2-3 games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 03:01 PM   #42
Rookie

For me it is definitely glass cleaners. They snag everything miss after miss and then you add midrange, contact dunks, near max strength and athleticism, AND having them knock you down and rolling every play...... They give me long days.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:10 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
I hate that this is so effective now. Before the difficult shots nerf I could consistently punish guys for camping the paint of my slasher but this is now a effective strategy. I can still hit a pull up every once in a while now but it makes me so one dimensional now and easy to counter without the threats of a middy. Btw I'm not saying I should hit them all but before I would say I doing maybe 2-3 a game and shooting around 30-40% percent of them overall but now it feels more like 10% and I feel lucky to hit 1 every 2-3 games

floaters?

I don't have any issues with my Slasher pulling up for mids and occasional 3s, use the stiff shot, it's money for me. My guy is pretty tough to guard, 6'8" 270lbs max wing span, and I can post a bit as well with 74 strength
if you camp in the paint, I'll make you pay

A slasher is pretty much a shot creator lite, with better dunking and layup skills

Last edited by CoolColJ; 11-29-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 05:42 PM   #44
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

Use angles. Use the step shots. Go one way, Step Shot the opposite way. One of my favorite moves is to drive, and instantly step back. This catches the guys who try to meet you halfway off guard. They either jump expecting the pull up, or catch your stepback just in time to activate mid range deadeye.

Also, Sideways "Kobe" fall aways. Instead of running to the paint, follow the line and go for a deep 2. The guys who camp have a hard time getting to those. And as a benefit they usually activate dead eye.

There's some tricks for that. Also, When you run in, throw a cross over in instead of the pull up. Or A spin layup/jumper to blow by. There's a lot of options for that boring sag defense. I Will not hesitate to drop long range 2s all game if you sit in the paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
Use angles. Use the step shots. Go one way, Step Shot the opposite way. One of my favorite moves is to drive, and instantly step back. This catches the guys who try to meet you halfway off guard. They either jump expecting the pull up, or catch your stepback just in time to activate mid range deadeye.

Also, Sideways "Kobe" fall aways. Instead of running to the paint, follow the line and go for a deep 2. The guys who camp have a hard time getting to those. And as a benefit they usually activate dead eye.

There's some tricks for that. Also, When you run in, throw a cross over in instead of the pull up. Or A spin layup/jumper to blow by. There's a lot of options for that boring sag defense. I Will not hesitate to drop long range 2s all game if you sit in the paint.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can score I'm just saying I miss the consistency the pull-up had before.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2016, 06:47 PM   #46
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I can score I'm just saying I miss the consistency the pull-up had before.

...I run a 6'5 slasher, that might be why I don't notice consistency issues

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 11-29-2016, 07:31 PM   #47
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
as a guy with a 6'2 LDD, the ease in wise i grab boards compared to my taller players is hillarious. i said the other night that i think my LDD is a BETTER rebounder than my 7'0 Rim protector
What attribute or badge is giving LDDs the great rebounding, in your opinion?

It feels like they have a barrier around them and getting near them is trouble.
Old 11-29-2016, 07:48 PM   #48
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

As a playmaker, i hate guarding people of the same archetype as me. If they're good at dribbling, have all their playmaking attributes and badges, you're basically screwed. I've found myself many times playing good defense on a player and just getting my ankles broken and falling down on the ground and getting stuck in this annoying animation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »