Home

The Magic of A.C.E.

This is a discussion on The Magic of A.C.E. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:13 AM   #9
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Magic of A.C.E.

ACE does not get 1/1,000,000 the respect it deserves.

It's the smartest AI I have ever seen in a sports game, and IMO, sets 2K above all those sports games.

But I agree with Impetuous that it needs to be more transparent.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:29 AM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

How did this become another 'comeback code' discussion man? Lol.

I think the OP makes a great point. That was a really nice adjustment and I would love to know what ACE is actually doing there. I don't know if its actually 'broken' though, it doesnt seem to be actually designed to tell us whats taking place....
Old 12-01-2016, 06:36 AM   #11
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

Yeah, I don't know why 2K isnt yelling about ACE from the rooftops.

It's the game's point of difference IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 08:48 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
How did this become another 'comeback code' discussion man? Lol.

I think the OP makes a great point. That was a really nice adjustment and I would love to know what ACE is actually doing there. I don't know if its actually 'broken' though, it doesnt seem to be actually designed to tell us whats taking place....
I'm not saying ACE is Broken, I would like for ACE to, by way of the MENU's be consistent and "always on/highlighted". As of now if you have ACE on or off the MENU System will select and deselect your options and it changes all the time. Which messes "YOU" up, which in turn messes up the Defense.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:12 AM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
I'm not saying ACE is Broken, I would like for ACE to, by way of the MENU's be consistent and "always on/highlighted". As of now if you have ACE on or off the MENU System will select and deselect your options and it changes all the time. Which messes "YOU" up, which in turn messes up the Defense.
I know you werent.

I was going to edit my post so you wouldnt interperate it that way. I agree with your point. You asked 2k to fix it in your vid, I'm just saying I dont think it was designed that way in the first place....but it should be, I agree.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:01 PM   #14
Rookie

The comeback code is 100% in the game. They are lying if they say it isn't.

It looks to be more of a "momentum" thing though as it gives teams advantages for runs depending on if they are losing.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #15
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGameGod
The comeback code is 100% in the game. They are lying if they say it isn't.

It looks to be more of a "momentum" thing though as it gives teams advantages for runs depending on if they are losing.

Agree to disagree that most people would say there's no "comeback" code. But we all know there's Momentum in the game. I think it's one of the same. There are times when things go right for you and the momentum will swing 1 way to the other depends on the game.

Hence why I think people should realize to break the Momentum or Comeback code is to call timeout or break the cycle by making money plays or dunks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2016, 06:05 PM   #16
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

I'm sure there is no comeback code.

I do notice that teams start to push the pace when they are down in the last Q.

I was playing the Nuggets, up 10 and feeling pretty comfortable. They'd been playing slow, and then quickened up. It threw me, my defensive inputs got sloppy and I gave up a run.

I called time, changed my freelance to the 2 man game with Griffin and Paul. I rarely turn the ball over in this set and kept PNfading until one of them popped open. I used up most of the shot clock, and slowed the game down.

I built my lead back up again.

I think it's changes in ACE that people are mistaking for comeback code. In the same game, they threw zone at me for 2-3 possessions and then pre-rotated to Paul when I scored an iso bucket. I TOed it 3-4 times in a row.

The Nuggets brought in Wilson Chandler at the 4. I thought I could exploit that mismatch with Griffin down low. But they cross matched their center with Griffin so that was snuffed out.

OG is a bad man.

PLaying the sixers Embiid was giving me the business. I found myself scrambling (remember when post threats were useless in 2K?) and cheating off when controlling Paul. I think I was 'guarding' Bayless. Twice in a row he flared out to the 3 pt line when it realised I was cheating off him.

Czar is a bad man.

And I think this ACE impact is cumulative across the season. I started off my MyLeague hot from 3 with Paul. They'd go over every screen, and if the 5 dropped back that opened up my pull up game.

Then I went cold with Paul. I was messing with his sig shots and probably got my stick timiing all messed up. Suddenly a lot of the defenders started going under on PNRs. That threw me, as it pretty much killed my pick and pop game with Griffin, and I wasnt confident Paul could hit the 3. The CPU was treating him like he was Ray Damn Felton.

So I had to dive into the playbook and find an iso play. I tried to find that mid post wing iso the IRL Clips run just to get him some numbers. I used him off ball a bit, and went into practise mode to nail his jumper timing.

ACE isn't as deep as it will be in 3 years, so there may be some exploits and weaknesses at this stage.

I get the nostalgia for 2K11 or whatever, but I could not go back to a game with static AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »