Home

Did 2k patch explosiveness again?

This is a discussion on Did 2k patch explosiveness again? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Did 2k patch explosiveness again?

Why does 2k constantly remove explosive speed out of dribble moves? Today after I received an a update, my point forward doesn't even move the same now. Branching moves used to feel free and fast..now it moves slow and predictable. What the hell 2k? Are you guys just mad at the world or something? Stop messing with the game when it's perfectly fine. How are people supposed to stand out who know how to dribble? You constantly trying to handicap players who know what they are doing just because casual folks don't know how to defend against us or can't dribble themselves so they complain. Yall gotta bring explosiveness back to the way it was. The way it is now is unplayable.

This isn't even cool. I spent hard earned money and countless hours perfecting my myplayer and grinding for badges that my pro am team depends on me to perform and now yall go ahead and take away explosiveness out of dribbling? Like, how does that even make sense? Mike Wang posted this week on twitter a poll that asked the 2k17 community if they wanted a new buffer/counter
For open and contested shots, but we can't get a poll to keep or remove speed out of dribbling? What good ball handler doesn't have explosiveness out of his dribbling in the nba? It's bad enough we have severely capped archetypes, but if you want to get saucy with dribbling you have to have a playmaker or point forward, and now we're basically useless on the floor besides passing. How can you make plays as playmaker/point forward without speed????
You expect us to just walk around and pass the ball only?

Please fix this issue...this game is only in December and it now feels broken to me. I don't speak for everyone, but tell me ya'll don't agree with moving slower on the court.

Last edited by Breakstarter; 12-04-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 01:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Did 2k patch explosiveness again?

Game speed and feel of the game is always unstable after opening day...
Old 12-04-2016, 02:45 AM   #3
Rookie

KoolAidNoSugar's Arena

I see what your saying, but if your handles are nice you don't gotta rely on the exploding out the dribble anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 10:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cablexdeadpool
Game speed and feel of the game is always unstable after opening day...

Since we moved to next-gen or current gen in 2k14 the thing about speed is off every other day since then in each iterations of nba2k

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 12-04-2016, 01:11 PM   #5
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

A YouTube 2k vet, ShootEveryone, uploaded a YouTube video around the same time as this thread was created. He reported speed boosting was nurfed for Shot Creator and Sharpshooter.

I didn't think much of it at the time and didn't put much stock in the report since I felt fine the previous night and even this current night. I was running with a 6ft4 Shot Creator both nights and he was accelerating out of his dribbles just fine. I did feel sluggish though when I loaded my Playmaker into Park the night of this post.

I'm not sure why but I concluded my 6ft4 186 Shot Creator felt like he had more acceleration juice than my 6ft6 220 Playmaker even though the ratings say otherwise. It was much easier for defenders to cut off or stall or my Playmaker. I was getting to the rim more efficiently with the Shot Creator who I never felt like has any speed boost juice.

I'm not sure how why or what is actually being tampered with but ya I could feel something was off / nurfed with the dribbling mechanics for my Playmaker.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Last edited by hanzsomehanz; 12-04-2016 at 01:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 01:32 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Since we moved to next-gen or current gen in 2k14 the thing about speed is off every other day since then in each iterations of nba2k

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah it is. The game obviously isnt stable whatsoever. I don't know why people even expect stability in game speed and feel with 2K. It changes day to day since 2k15.

2K has too many legacy issues since coming on next gen.

They need to fix it.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:43 AM   #7
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

speed boost all you want, I am still upset that my HOF LDD get his ankles broken more than a Playmaker.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:59 AM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by acetheredcomet
speed boost all you want, I am still upset that my HOF LDD get his ankles broken more than a Playmaker.
Really? Even with HOF defensive stopper? Not surprised tbh 2k will always favor offense over defense. That's where the money is....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »