Home

We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

This is a discussion on We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2016, 12:35 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

I'm just trying to figure out this park story line thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 02:40 AM   #10
Rookie

Hell to the no. Im burnt out on corny cut scenes...
Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #11
Rookie

We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

I'm a female that has played nba 2k since 2k6 and unless they did something with the wnba I don't feel like they need to incorporated females into the game, already see enough superstars that are guys with tattoos of a bra on their guy myplayers, if they added girls to the game it was just get abused

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
Anyone else feel Mypark needs its on story line. Dont remove mycareer just make a park career linked with park for park players. (Mypark career) or something along those lines.

-Separate badges for both Mycareer and park career

-The separation of the modes also allows 2k to add Female myplayers since park career wouldn't have anything to do with the NBA. Lets not pretend their arent any female ballers out their in the real world who play in pickup games.. though im not sure how going shirtless would work here lol maybe a bikini top or something like that

-Mycareer players wouldn't have to be limited to a specific archetypes allowing them too have their NBA career go the way the Prefer and able to hit the 99 overall without having to play park for the upgrades

-Mycareer myplayers cant be used in Mypark and park career myplayers cant be used in mycareer. You'd have to build from scratch for each mode

Not sure how the story would go or how you'd upgrade your players but yeah does it sound like a good idea?
Yikes. All that extra grinding now for TWO players? And I can only get attributes/badges from the park for one of them? Imagine that grindfest for the first couple months...

Nah.

Girls would be cool. I'm all for representation...not seeing what "abuse" you all would imagine from that, but whatever.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:19 AM   #13
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Lol who tf would want to use the WNBA teams
Old 12-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAWereWolf65
Lol who tf would want to use the WNBA teams
People who follow the WNBA.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2016, 10:41 AM   #15
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Icon7 Re: We need female Myplayers/ Give Mypark its own story line

I think I just disagree with the OP on the word "need".

When I think of what 2k needs, I think about better defense, better physics, improved ace, improved player tendencies, ungrouping my player stats, better balence between myplayer playstyles..

These are the things that 2k needs to tackle if they want to live up to the mantle of a simulation basketball game.

Having female my players in the game seems like something that has about as much of a purpose as having celebs in the game (2k11) neither really are neccesities, but niche areas to satisfy some fans.

I'm 99% sure that if 2k18-2k28 releases with no female my players or celebrities very few people would put it as a negative in their reviews of the game. On the other hand if the issues I listed above aren't fixed those will criple the reception of those games.

I think that's the difference between something being essential vs something that would just be nice to see

Last edited by Bexthelegend; 12-15-2016 at 10:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 10:54 AM   #16
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

While I wouldn't be against a female myplayer in the park, the incorporation would be weird as the body type issue is still not solved, size differential and stat differential would cause too many flame wars (why does she have lower strength or they are just as fast...etc.) I wouldn't even know how they would do a mypark career (just sounds bad)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »