Home

What 2kSport told us we could expect from NBA 2k17. Did they deliver?

This is a discussion on What 2kSport told us we could expect from NBA 2k17. Did they deliver? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Did 2k deliver on their claims?
Yes 22 12.57%
No 144 82.29%
Who cares 9 5.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2017, 08:21 AM   #97
Banned

OVR: 0
What 2kSport told us we could expect from NBA 2k17. Did they deliver?

Being serious as i did not know the level of dissatisfaction among users: im 36 years old, I just sold my ps4 completely because 2k17 had me so mad...it dawned on me im too old to be getting mad like i did as a youngster over video games...bad part is 2k and madden really were a fun a nice release for me just a couple of years ago...not anymore.

Also quick note, I've seen a lot of good points but some of you are hurting the cause with your super specific and/or super personal flaws. Like did I hear a complaint someone is upset because post entry passes are too easy? Lol. Next ppl will be complaining there aren't enough lane violations during free throw ATs? Come on guy. Lol

Lastly, can we pull the chair on the pull the chair comment? Haha corny i know, but seriously.... that is the kind of babble that hurts a cause such as this. Find a better spot/thread or stop obsessing over something so insignificant...or ask ur 7th grade gym teacher/basketball coach/football offensive coordinator for 8th grade/language arts & homeroom teacher. Coach Biginspielbin.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Shergie51; 01-01-2017 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-01-2017, 11:20 AM   #98
MVP

Re: What 2kSport told us we could expect from NBA 2k17. Did they deliver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
You do know that there's no accountability. Just because a bunch of anonymous people on a website forum can't talk directly to them doesn't mean they aren't aware of things
They are aware of things, some major things regarding this game. It's the year in year out of legacy issues compounded with new features with bugs as well as not working properly. The Accountability is in the hands of the consumers. Who seem not to care about these problems, hence no accountability, they are willing to argue on a website against one another against their best interest defending a company, who is the source of the problem all while buying it sight unseen buying the dream.
Old 01-01-2017, 04:08 PM   #99
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

I think the questions the OP is asking is tremendous and as a community, fan, user, etc....it's necessary to ensure a company selling something is held accountable for all actions. If there is a particular promise laid out to the user, it needs to be addressed (whether it's being delivered or not). As other mods have pointed out though, there is a distinct difference between being negative/trolling and wanting to better the game.

I kindly think these should be a requirement each quarter or so of each game...presuming it can stay constructive...show the developers what's working and what's not...hope that they can patch or fix what we as a community want or at the very least, fix it in next year's title. Maybe I'm being oblivious or it's naive thinking but the devs do review this forum and I think they strive for the same sim-style game OS does.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:02 AM   #100
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I think the questions the OP is asking is tremendous and as a community, fan, user, etc....it's necessary to ensure a company selling something is held accountable for all actions. If there is a particular promise laid out to the user, it needs to be addressed (whether it's being delivered or not). As other mods have pointed out though, there is a distinct difference between being negative/trolling and wanting to better the game.

I kindly think these should be a requirement each quarter or so of each game...presuming it can stay constructive...show the developers what's working and what's not...hope that they can patch or fix what we as a community want or at the very least, fix it in next year's title. Maybe I'm being oblivious or it's naive thinking but the devs do review this forum and I think they strive for the same sim-style game OS does.
yea but 90% of people in the poll? Even a cynical person like myself wasn't expecting that. Sure, there are a lot of reasons that would lead someone to pick no, but generally if you pick no to one of these it means you have big disappointments (imo) otherwise you would abstain and just comment.

@ dude who said he sold his ps4... I think that's interesting. I'm not as old as he is, but I'm not young, either. I only bought a ps4 for ball. I own no other games but 2k. This game and to a lesser extent 16 both made me want to sell my ps4 or give it to some kids. I actually took it and physically put it in a closet haha.

It's true that we shouldn't be getting that mad over a game, but the fact that it's having such a profound effect on people is meaningful.

I'm proud I didn't buy any VC this year, but I still bought the game. I think people need to stop buying VC and preordering if they want to see a change. Not to mention, this year's preorder bonus was a joke.

-Smak
Old 01-03-2017, 01:40 PM   #101
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
They are aware of things, some major things regarding this game. It's the year in year out of legacy issues compounded with new features with bugs as well as not working properly. The Accountability is in the hands of the consumers. Who seem not to care about these problems, hence no accountability, they are willing to argue on a website against one another against their best interest defending a company, who is the source of the problem all while buying it sight unseen buying the dream.
If they (2k) are aware of any of these game breaking issues, yet not addressing them, they are showing their customers a HUGE disrespect!
To not even acknowledge that they exist and say we are working on them should tell us all we need to know.

This far into the game and we still have all of these issues and more?
Yet, we don't even get a comment on them? That is, to say the least, disrespectful.

Just on the server issues alone, we have had 2 Park After Darks and neither of them was really even playable.
We have their tournament qualifiers and squads are getting booted before and during the games.
We have double rep weekend and we can't even get into a game of walk on pro am.

When walk on does "work", you play one game and are kicked back to the main menu and have to go through 3 LONG load screens just to get back to where you just were.
Trying to get a squad, 2 or more people, into the same game of walk on pro am without one of you getting kicked, is a chore of it's own.

THE LAG!

I and I'm sure many others could go on for WEEKS describing all of the things that are wrong with this game.

Where is 2k in all of this?
I haven't heard anything from them about the CLEAR issues with the game.
But, I have heard and seen them advertise all the ways that you can spend VC.

Please MODs, don't tell me that I'm being disrespectful and strike me in some way.

I am just voicing my legitimate frustration over seemingly being swindled.

My concerns are valid as described above.
I and many others feel like we were sold something that we did not receive. Based on the what the company that sold us the game told us to expect.

"We are aware of issue X, and we are trying to find a solution ASAP."

Those word alone from 2k would ease a lot of frustration!

Last edited by awg811; 01-03-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2017, 11:07 PM   #102
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Over the last few days I have been thinking. I once said I expected 15 patches for this game in total but now I am thinking 2K will not submit another patch. I don't know why I have these feelings but something tells me this will be the case. The game will be like this for good and if it is I will not play it again.
Old 01-04-2017, 03:59 AM   #103
Rookie

zizoux's Arena

OVR: 3

They definitely did for me. I've been enjoying the game since the latest patch. Challenging Cpu on superstar, realistic stats, shooting percentages etc have been on point. My only complaint is fast breaks. My players statter on fastbreaks. I think devs did it on purpose for balancing.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #104
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy

agreed.

I personally believe that NBA 2k17 is the best sports game I've ever played, and I haven't enjoyed a sports game like this in some years, although I am relatively new to the 2k series.

I still believe strongly that just because it is a very good game that legacy bugs, consistent glitches, and not very well implemented or thought out changes or features need to be called out.

The lay up meter is stupid as hell, and the reasoning was pathetic.

Archetypes are kind of redundant and most certainly limit the enjoyment one can get out of the very fun MyCareer mode.

I have to say though that just by adjusting body up sensitivity, playing the CPU is a complete dream, and I hope they do something about contact physics and animation triggering for the next instalment, but I also hope that they take the time to release it when the game is ready. As much as I'd like as long as possible to play a game, release it when the season starts, it was almost unplayable within the first month, and with MyLeague bugs not even saves started that early are worth carrying beyond that point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »