Home

NBA 2K needs to rework its foundation

This is a discussion on NBA 2K needs to rework its foundation within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2017, 09:36 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K Needs To Rework Its Foundation

VC is the worst thing to happen to the community. Before it's inception, the focus was a greater, more in depth gameplay experience every year. 2k wanted to create the ultimate SIMULATION of the real game of basketball. However, I vividly remember the 1st year VC made its debut. Everything has gone downhill since then. Classic teams, creating a legend, my player turned into my career. The focus on NBA 2k the RPG has grown so widely that ppl don't even play this game using their favorite teams. I know ppl who haven't used an ACTUAL NBA team in years. That says a lot. They don't even market the simulation aspect anymore. If somehow they could split this into 2 games I'd be much more happy. 1 game about real basketball, and the other game can be about this make believe world they have created. The entire my career mode is the furthest thing from reality when it comes to being an NBA rookie. Being drafted 9th overall with a 55 rating is an insult to our intelligence. But the masses eat it up. So I can't get a simulation experience in my league because online players keep speed boosting. I can't get passed Anderson Varejao with Kyrie Irving because dribbling has been all but removed. Idk, with ppl like Czar and OG around its hard for me to accept what this product has become. U hear them talk and u HEAR great basketball IQ...but it doesn't play out that way. Sorry, rant over lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2017, 11:28 AM   #10
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

Icon5 Re: NBA 2K Needs To Rework Its Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
VC is the worst thing to happen to the community. Before it's inception, the focus was a greater, more in depth gameplay experience every year. 2k wanted to create the ultimate SIMULATION of the real game of basketball. However, I vividly remember the 1st year VC made its debut. Everything has gone downhill since then. Classic teams, creating a legend, my player turned into my career. The focus on NBA 2k the RPG has grown so widely that ppl don't even play this game using their favorite teams. I know ppl who haven't used an ACTUAL NBA team in years. That says a lot. They don't even market the simulation aspect anymore. If somehow they could split this into 2 games I'd be much more happy. 1 game about real basketball, and the other game can be about this make believe world they have created. The entire my career mode is the furthest thing from reality when it comes to being an NBA rookie. Being drafted 9th overall with a 55 rating is an insult to our intelligence. But the masses eat it up. So I can't get a simulation experience in my league because online players keep speed boosting. I can't get passed Anderson Varejao with Kyrie Irving because dribbling has been all but removed. Idk, with ppl like Czar and OG around its hard for me to accept what this product has become. U hear them talk and u HEAR great basketball IQ...but it doesn't play out that way. Sorry, rant over lol

I literally hope every year that 2K can get atleast 75% of this stuff right... thats all I ask and it always fails. Starting MyCareer with a 55 overall is just insane and makes no sense and it clearly shows you that its all about selling VC. VC should be for clothes and move sets. The player attributes should be upgraded by actually playing the game whether online or offline. I like the way NBA Live went about building your player attributes this year, 2K should use that same idea. It just makes sense... you play and you become better. Unlock attribute slots and put them whereever you like. But we all know that will never happen so I'll just keep dreaming.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:55 AM   #11
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K Needs To Rework Its Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngprince41
I literally hope every year that 2K can get atleast 75% of this stuff right... thats all I ask and it always fails. Starting MyCareer with a 55 overall is just insane and makes no sense and it clearly shows you that its all about selling VC. VC should be for clothes and move sets. The player attributes should be upgraded by actually playing the game whether online or offline. I like the way NBA Live went about building your player attributes this year, 2K should use that same idea. It just makes sense... you play and you become better. Unlock attribute slots and put them whereever you like. But we all know that will never happen so I'll just keep dreaming.
I know that VC isn't going anywhere. But they don't even implement it correctly. Why on earth does doing squats, bench press, and box jumps improve my hustle, yet does NOTHING to my strength rating? If I put up 200 shots in practice does my mid range go up? No, yet I believe that's what players do to improve specific parts of their game. At the very least, 2k could allow what u practice to impact that specific attribute. When Kobe was "doin work" throughout his career I bet his offensive consistency didn't increase by doing dribble moves....

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 12:12 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K needs to rework its foundation

All I want from 2k is to separate the main game from MyPark and Mycareer sell them separately so we don't have these senseless patches ruining the game for both sides.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:05 PM   #13
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6
NBA 2K needs to rework its foundation

The game has a lot of bad aspects, two of them being animations and physics.

Really hate the way the ball handler doesn't need to have space because they really don't lose the ball if coming in contact with the defenders limbs.

Another example of that is how you can use the back down animation where the ball handler either puts the ball behind the back to switch hands or the one where they just turn. The ball will warp through the defender or the defender will just get slid out the way.

Something else that I really hate is how overpowering some stars can be in the game. Like why the hell is James Harden doing double pump dunks on Biggs with no type of collision? He isn't that athletic.

I can say the same with Lebron and other good dunkers. We know he can dunk but he doesn't dunk on everyone like that anymore. Kyrie doesn't make every contested layup either, but he damn near does in this game. Steph still makes the shots from damn near half court.

Is there only 2 fouls animations on drives or something because I can pretty much tell if a foul is gonna happen by that 1 animation that happens.

These things along with everything else the OP said make this game frustrating to play . I doubt half of these things will get fixed for 2K18.

Edit- This is what I mean about dunking. I did this with DJ in a play now online game. The guy refused to play on ball defense so I manual cut him to death. I hate playing off ball players because the ai is so cheesy with their defense and can slide, warp and whatever else they can to stop you.

Yes I won that game with CP3 not scoring and having 4 TO's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 03-19-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:41 AM   #14
Rookie

youngprince41's Arena

Keep this thread alive!!! Make sure 2K see's this and leave your input!!
Old 03-15-2017, 10:14 AM   #15
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

The defense is really ripe for a breath of new life i fully agree with the post because user input is many times sabotaged by animations .

This warping magnetic field moving of defenders doesnt add yp ! Your defender shouldnt freeze on a contest if i user it .
The offensive player gets the advantage by not letting me manually contest shots and layups ..even on manual and zero defensive assists strenght !

Animations and VC are burying this game alive 6 feet deep .
I could play 2k for hours but 2k17 with all its beauty is making me sick after a single game .

Defense needs an overhaul ..the animations dont make sense .i dont even want to get into details because dudes already summed it up nicely and accurate.

2k needs to step it up and work on the ai of the cpu because their offense is a hot mess ..full court passes to bigs for easy layups ..player tendencies are bad ..

Whatever happens happens i just hope 2k respects us more wenn it comes to game programming and gives us a healthy product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #16
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

OH YEAH FORGOT TO MENTION !!

The fastbreaks are the worst thing ever ever ever ever !!
What were they doing wenn they implemented that ?lolll

Unbelievable. ..every fastbreak makes me sick ..😂😂😂

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »