Home

NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2017, 07:59 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships September 15

NBA 2K18 will feature Shaquille O'Neal on the cover of the legend edition, marking his third appearance on an NBA 2K cover.

You can also watch the ad featuring Shaq, as he makes the announcement. Kobe Bryant is also in the ad.

Gamers who pre-order the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition will receive special Shaq memorabilia, in-game content, and Early Tip-Off Access beginning September 15, 2017; check out what's included in each edition below.

NBA 2K18 Legend Edition - $99.99
  • 100,000 VC
  • 20 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K cards)
  • Shaq Attaq Shoes
  • Shaq Jerseys & Apparel
  • Championship Ring
  • Shaq MyTEAM Stickers
  • 5 Shaq Trading Cards
  • Shaq Poster
NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold - $149.99
  • All Legend Edition Content
  • Additional 150,0000 VC (250,000 total)
  • 20 Additional Weekly MyTEAM packs (40 total with guaranteed Shaq and Team 2K card)
  • Shaq's Jersey Collection
  • 5 Additional Shaq Trading Cards
  • Lenticular Cover
NBA 2K18 Standard Edition: - $59.99
  • 5000 VC
  • 10 Weekly MyTEAM Packs (With Team 2K card)
  • MyPlayer Apparel
Read the full press release below.

‘The Big Aristotle’ Shaquille O’Neal Booms Back to the Court in NBA® 2K18 Legend Edition

Newly enshrined NBA Hall of Famer, dominant basketball icon and ultimate basketball big man honored on special game cover; fans to receive exclusive memorabilia and in-game content

2K today announced that NBA 2K will feature Hall of Famer Shaquille O’Neal on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition. This special edition of the top-rated NBA video game simulation series for the last 16 years* gives the court to the big man who needs no introduction, “The Diesel…The Big Aristotle…Superman…Shaq Daddy…” with special Shaq-themed memorabilia and content, extending his legacy as the most dominant center in NBA history.

Quote:
“I want to thank NBA 2K for their continuous support of my basketball and broadcast career,” said O’Neal, whose Hall of Fame enshrinement late last year celebrates a storied 19-year career. “I’m excited to be on the cover of the NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and I hope my fans have a blast playing it up big man style and re-creating my most legendary in-game moments!”

O’Neal’s Legend Edition appearance on NBA 2K18 marks the third NBA 2K cover appearance for the 15-time NBA All-Star and 14-time All-NBA selection. O'Neal, who played 19 NBA seasons, was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2016.

The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in both digital and physical formats for $99.99 and $149.99, respectively, on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and Xbox One. NBA 2K18 Legend Edition and Legend Edition Gold will be available in physical format on Nintendo Switch. The NBA 2K18 Legend Edition Gold physical edition is available exclusively at GameStop.

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K18 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K18 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and Windows PC platforms on September 19, 2017.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K18 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses four days early beginning on September 15, 2017.

Platform: Nintendo Switch / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 08:06 AM   #2
Pro

JoFri's Arena

OVR: 0

Happy for shaq. I hope he looks 10x better in 2K18 and the championship roster to include Derek Fisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2017, 08:20 AM   #3
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships Septembe

Just added the ad w/ Shaq and Kobe in the OP.
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 05-08-2017 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:21 AM   #4
Banned

Re: NBA 2K18 Features Shaquille O'Neal on the Cover of Legend Edition, Ships Septembe

standard edition for me. They can keep all the extra stuff.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Not feeling the price jump to $99.99 for the Legend Edition. The way my bank account is set up I'll be going with the standard edition
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #6
Rookie

Another rushed game. Release date shouldn't be until closer to the NBA season like before.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I wonder if this will include a new mode, similar to the Jordan one from 2K11.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:41 AM   #8
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

$150.00 lmao...

2K have lost their minds. Or have the fans?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »