Home

NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2017, 11:28 PM   #9
MVP

creweutah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Needs to focus on background atmosphere finally !!!

Definitely agree with the OP. 2K apparently travelled to all courts? Does not seem like it at all. Hoping 2k18 lighting and court authenticity is MUCH better
Old 05-23-2017, 12:53 AM   #10
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5

I think a crowd noise meter, like in the ncaa football games, is the way to go, with playoffs getting an automatic bump. If your teams goes on a massive run, IRL the crowd goes crazy but not in the game. With a crowd meter, middle would make the crowd normal of course, and as you go lower on the meter the home crowd gets more silent and then louded and louder with boos, whereas getting higher in the meter generates louder and louder cheers. So if your team goes on a run or hit a couple 3s consecutively, the crowd meter goes a lot and the crowd gets louder, then as the opposing team calls a timeout the crowd unleashes and goes nuts because the meter is so high. Or if the away team goes on a massive run or is blowing out the home team, boos ensue because the meter is so low.

Another thing i want to see is active crowds, meaning fans are moving from their seats constantly but at realistic times. at the beginning of games i want to see a lot of fans going to their seats. at the end of quarters and especially halftime i want to see fans leave their seats, and at the end of games i want to see fans stay in their seats. also, if its a huge blowout loss later in the game i want to see fans leave, even if a lot of fans are gone starting the 4th quarter because the home team is losing so badly. I also want to see fans leaving the arena at the end of games, because as of right now fans are always in their seats at the end of games. And making certain fans constantly walking up and down the stairs to add to the illusion does not cut it!

Basically, just make the fans seem alive, dynamic, and realistic, because they are way to static and boring right now.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM   #11
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8
I think a crowd noise meter, like in the ncaa football games, is the way to go, with playoffs getting an automatic bump. If your teams goes on a massive run, IRL the crowd goes crazy but not in the game. With a crowd meter, middle would make the crowd normal of course, and as you go lower on the meter the home crowd gets more silent and then louded and louder with boos, whereas getting higher in the meter generates louder and louder cheers. So if your team goes on a run or hit a couple 3s consecutively, the crowd meter goes a lot and the crowd gets louder, then as the opposing team calls a timeout the crowd unleashes and goes nuts because the meter is so high. Or if the away team goes on a massive run or is blowing out the home team, boos ensue because the meter is so low.

Another thing i want to see is active crowds, meaning fans are moving from their seats constantly but at realistic times. at the beginning of games i want to see a lot of fans going to their seats. at the end of quarters and especially halftime i want to see fans leave their seats, and at the end of games i want to see fans stay in their seats. also, if its a huge blowout loss later in the game i want to see fans leave, even if a lot of fans are gone starting the 4th quarter because the home team is losing so badly. I also want to see fans leaving the arena at the end of games, because as of right now fans are always in their seats at the end of games. And making certain fans constantly walking up and down the stairs to add to the illusion does not cut it!

Basically, just make the fans seem alive, dynamic, and realistic, because they are way to static and boring right now.
That's a great point I totally agree with you. To add on to that I would like to see a variety of different crowds meaning a regular season crowd and a playoff crowd and if the team is tanking mid season a lame duck crowd... Also I would like the ability to add music and arena sounds to teams like mlb the show at certain points of the game....and the ability to add mods like advertisements on the baskets and around the arena
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2017, 07:45 PM   #12
Banned

SirGaryColeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Ball sounds....so authentic that they even had a trailer about it. Ugh....
My conspiracy theory as to why Saved Videos have no sound is that they didn't want people to be able to hear how similar 2k17's sound is to 2k16's sound.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:37 PM   #13
Rookie

Sitew33's Arena

I think the crowds are too laid back. Like in real life when a player gets loose on a fast break the crowd comes to it's feet in expectation of what kind of dunk a player may do but not in 2K. If they can make the bench players stand up when this happens the crowd should as well. As someone mentioned earlier when a player hits a big shot at home the crowd's reaction is almost non-existent. When a player posterizes someone the crowd should go wild but the crowd is like "Meh, that was nice". They need to amp the crowd up in 2K.
Old 05-24-2017, 12:32 AM   #14
Rookie

micdaduke21's Arena

The whole arena dynamic needs revamping from the crowd, crowd nose, authentic arena sounds, to the designs of the arenas I mean they look like ps3 graphics in the crowd and look and ps4 graphic on the floor as far as gameplay...even bench players should be able to cheer and starters should be able to put there warm ups back on when on the bench...the head coach and assistant should be more active as well...fans should have more personality and not all robotic and boring

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »