Home

How can 2k encourage players to play as a team in MyPark and MyGm?

This is a discussion on How can 2k encourage players to play as a team in MyPark and MyGm? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2017, 12:38 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How can 2k encourage players to play as a team in MyPark and MyGm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
One of the best ways would be to force all 2k park player YT's to be taken down.

"Yo youtube, itsyaboy dribblegodankledestroyerdunkonyourhead back with anther vid showing you how to have your teammates set screens and sit in the corners while you eat up the shot clock with the same moves over and over again. Here's some rap music before we talk about it.

And don't forget to check out my other channel where i play the same pranks on my girlfriend as every other youtuber does, and she still pretends to fall for it. Lets get it maaaaaaan"

lol I don't really like those guys as the 2K community save a few hus is pretty bad but do t act like Fredo ain't one of the real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2017, 01:08 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by E The Rhymer
lol I don't really like those guys as the 2K community save a few hus is pretty bad but do t act like Fredo ain't one of the real

Not sure if you're on your phone but can't make out what you're trying to say, however, let's not pretend that people like Fredo haven't been a cancer on the game.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:59 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Not sure if you're on your phone but can't make out what you're trying to say, however, let's not pretend that people like Fredo haven't been a cancer on the game.

My bad typed it on mobile pretty fast but I was saying I do agree that the 2K community it pretty bad but Fredo is a generally cool guy on and off 2K (I've talked to him on FaceTime before) and is one of the "less cancer" ones.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:44 PM   #28
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
You all make great points.

Can I also add how insane it drives me as a point guard when I dribble up the court and see 3 teammates trying to set a screen for me at the top of the key?

Like, holy ****. Nobody in the corner or at the wing. Everybody just trying to set a screen so they can get a bump in their grade or something. It's amazing. Then I walk near the fracas and everybody runs in random directions.
lol You don't know how many times I have to jump on the mic and explain to kids that if 4 dudes set a screen at once and then roll to the rim at once how do you expect the PG to be able to find anybody with a pass? Its a simple example as to why this teammate grade system and how they make you grind for badges has ruined this game to pure basketball fans.

Im a damn post scorer and I have to be end up being the one who spaces the floor because all these kids setting useless screens just to get their teammate grade up. everyday I have to put my mic on and tell ppl to let me set the screen because I have HOF screen setter and I have to beg shooters to space the floor. Just for them not to listen and clog my paint when everyone rolls to the rim at once like tards. That's something that youd think kids would realize isn't working after 10 straight plays of doing it but nope. Intelligence seems to be rare in walk on and park with randoms.

Trying to explain to randoms how to space the floor is almost as hard as explaining to a PF that cutting straight to the rim every time I get the ball in the post is a bad idea. Especially after iv thrown 3 or 4 passes to him for dunks. They just think teams will let them dunk on every cut all game lol

Last edited by Housh123; 07-05-2017 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 10:46 PM   #29
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Agreed w/everything. I think they just need to make the teammate grade punishments/rewards a lot more extreme. Good spacing should be the biggest grade boost, and bad spacing should be the biggest punishment. Even more than turnovers.

Also more boost ideas for defensive end:

Successful hedge
Successful switch
Successful recovery
Successful lane cut-off

If you've played pro am solo and had to carry random teammates, you've had to do all this^^ and you probably ended with a bad grade despite playing well lol
I feel like I explain hedging at least every other game.
Old 07-07-2017, 06:48 AM   #30
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
One of the best ways would be to force all 2k park player YT's to be taken down.

"Yo youtube, itsyaboy dribblegodankledestroyerdunkonyourhead back with anther vid showing you how to have your teammates set screens and sit in the corners while you eat up the shot clock with the same moves over and over again. Here's some rap music before we talk about it.

And don't forget to check out my other channel where i play the same pranks on my girlfriend as every other youtuber does, and she still pretends to fall for it. Lets get it maaaaaaan"
Which means they would also take down legit YouTubers like Shakedown, Smooth, IpodKingCarter etc. This is probably not a good idea
Old 07-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Which means they would also take down legit YouTubers like Shakedown, Smooth, IpodKingCarter etc. This is probably not a good idea
I wasn't being entirely serious dude, as there is no way 2k could do this anyway. Smoove isn't a park player, I've never really watched any IKC, but shakedown, although good for the community has become more of a cheeser over time. I used to be a subscriber and for 2k15 he released a vid saying why he refused to do the behind the back and cheese dribble moves, then by 2k16 he was speedboosting and hopstep cheesing with the rest of them so... I don't watch his vids anymore but he always seemed like a good guy and was always interested in making the game better, whereas other park cheesers just want the game to get cheesier.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #32
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
I feel like I explain hedging at least every other game.
Like when guy sget screened then try to turbo all the way across the court when they should just switch or guys that switch without telling you, then you hedge and your man gets left wide open lol

Now its your fault for giving up points

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »