Home

Shot Stick Aiming - The Veredict...

This is a discussion on Shot Stick Aiming - The Veredict... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you like the shot aiming with the Stick
I like it 8 21.05%
It should be optional 11 28.95%
I don't like it 19 50.00%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2017, 12:50 PM   #17
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Shot Stick Aiming - The Veredict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I didn't care for it but I'm always a fan of options for those who do like something so I'm cool with it being in the game but I'd like the ability to turn it off.

I've personally never been great with precise right-stick aiming situations. It was tough enough for me in Tiger Woods when I had all the time I wanted to get it right. So doing it on the fly with consistent perfection was probably never going to be in the cards for me. Trying to get to a reliable level was more frustrating and difficult than shooting a basketball usually feels for me; it never quite felt natural.

I think I'm okay with my video game shooting success being based upon rating, degree of openness, balance (squared up or off screen/dribble), and release point. Tacking on the aiming was just a little too much for me.
This post sums it up for me. I could never get the timing down correctly, and my aiming was always off-center. I was more consistent being off-centered in the same spot, then I was pulling the stick straight down. For me, I prefer it be an option, because I really did miss using the shot stick this year. This seems like a mechanic that's better suited for MyPlayer where you only have to worry about yourself. In the other modes, it's just too much when you're playing against someone while still trying to run an offense/defense using the other tools available to you (OTF menu, pick/roll icon, cut to the basket, etc). IMHO, this fell in the department of one option too many, but I do like the intended idea behind it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »