Home

First NBA 2K18 Screenshots

This is a discussion on First NBA 2K18 Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2017, 05:12 PM   #65
Rookie

kurt2134's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: First NBA 2K18 Screenshots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
PG has a orange wristband? colored wristbands were in the game last year?
They've been in the game for several years actually. White, black, then team color 1 and 2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 05:24 PM   #66
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

OVR: 0

Love the screens and find them really realistic. Amazed by how much the models, jerseys, and players look so different in less than a year.

I keep seeing 2K14 mentioned and outside of crowd lighting that game, while I loved its graphics, was too lit if that makes sense. The players were too glossy, nobody really had muscle definition and everyone's jerseys were worn like how Kobe wore his. From a strictly player model and jersey perspective this looks way way better. Need to see it in motion though to truly judge.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:28 PM   #67
Rookie

Zeke11's Arena

Not enough craters in Demar's face but otherwise looking good
Old 07-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #68
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
Love the screens and find them really realistic. Amazed by how much the models, jerseys, and players look so different in less than a year.

I keep seeing 2K14 mentioned and outside of crowd lighting that game, while I loved its graphics, was too lit if that makes sense. The players were too glossy, nobody really had muscle definition and everyone's jerseys were worn like how Kobe wore his. From a strictly player model and jersey perspective this looks way way better. Need to see it in motion though to truly judge.

The lighting and skin textures in 2K14 were god-tier and have yet to be topped. 2K15 was a HUGE step back in both regards, and the series has been playing catchup ever since. Player likenesses have certainly improved a TON, but lighting and skin texture still aren't up to 2k14's standards IMO.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:46 PM   #69
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
The lighting and skin textures in 2K14 were god-tier and have yet to be topped. 2K15 was a HUGE step back in both regards, and the series has been playing catchup ever since. Player likenesses have certainly improved a TON, but lighting and skin texture still aren't up to 2k14's standards IMO.
I will agree that they've taken crazy steps backwards graphically since 2K14 but only as you said in terms of lighting. Hoping 18 is the game that can really fix that. Gameplay will tell us in due time.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #70
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklandboy
Every stadium has different lighting. I hope they fix it.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Yep. I really hope they keep that, too. The Bulls lighting was amazing in 2K17. 2K17s lighting trumps 2K14s to me for that reason. Looking at the lighting on the PG camparison pics though it looks different.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #71
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ

I agree. I think the head shapes are better and faces look more slim than previous years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2017, 07:24 PM   #72
Rookie

I think the player models look really good. Liking the way the jerseys fit on the players compared to last year. However, looking at the Paul George pic background the Thunder's court is too brown which makes me think they didn't update the courts to look more like their real life counterpart. Celtics court still looks wrong too compared to real life how it looks on tv. This part of 2k's graphics bothers me the most. Need all the courts too look great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »