Home

MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

This is a discussion on MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2017, 03:10 AM   #33
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

Agree 100%.. I just made a video about this and shouted the Op out on this..

NBA 2K18 MyGm/MYLeague News and Reaction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmGCuFj-lVQ

Comment on the video so they can listen to all of us..

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 07-28-2017, 08:53 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0
Icon6 Re: MyLeague Online - A Sad History, A Bleak Future

People are actually considering switching to live

How hard is it to add free agency, a draft, and contracts?
Old 07-28-2017, 11:09 AM   #35
Rookie

I would definitely sacrifice a dip in gameplay and graphics for a more immersive Online Association mode. Unfortunately I don't think EA would make that a focus for their game yet. If I'm being honest, we're probably 3 years away from EA being stable enough on the gameplay mechanics/graphics front that they can flush out those more niche nodes in a way that will rival 2K.

We're also about 3 years away from 2K releasing their newest MLO "feature" that will let you change your starting lineups while the game is loading. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2017, 12:35 PM   #36
Rookie

thisisasticup's Arena

OVR: 3

I can no longer support a company that puts more efforts into outfits and dances than into the core audience that got got them where they are. Listen to your fans(former fans) NBA live it is. Ea, at least listens to their audience.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:48 PM   #37
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDaFuture
Agree 100%.. I just made a video about this and shouted the Op out on this..

NBA 2K18 MyGm/MYLeague News and Reaction...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmGCuFj-lVQ

Comment on the video so they can listen to all of us..
Thanks for the shout out in the YouTube video NYC. Much appreciated. I will try to help it go viral so 2k and the competition realizes the importance of a fully functional OA.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 07-28-2017, 12:53 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 2

Has anyone found a web tool designed to help all teams enter bids for fa? I was thinking there has to be something where each team has a login and can enter bids for fa. It would make off-season FA much easier to control. Has to be a custom tool so we can control the FA pool.

We use a separate spreadsheet for salaries but then we use forums for FA bids which isn't the great idea. I love how the majority of the lgs don't use the keeper idea.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:04 PM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
My man.. This was an excellent post. My sentiments exactly and you crystallized the potential and as-is state of MLOs and why dedicated commishes like yourself and I slave away to fill in the gaping holes of this otherwise compelling mode due to the hard-core community's ability thrive in spite of 2ks short comings year after year.

I just want to know if it's a time of resignation and acceptance or mediocrity for the MLO community or if 2k intends to actually deliver the motherlode of making the offline and online iterations interchangeable Ala madden cfms.

At this point the only hope is a rebirth of the mode from a competitor other than 2k, which will then require a response by 2k themselves hopefully.

What blows my mind is the dedication of resources to team rebranding in MLO as if that was the consensus feedback we have been hollering about for years.

We want a real Offseason to replace this fantasy keeper system. The MLO and ML synergy is right in front us. We share the same menus, in-season management minus the training and progressive fatigue, Stat tracking, and general infrastructure when you look at the two modes. Literally the only difference is the fantasy keeper system that governs the Offseason and the offline simulation experience that gives us contract negotiations and free agency.

We would love to have the the summer league and g league integration but those are so far down the totem pole in our desire for the collective bargaining agreement details to govern our 30 man leagues that allow for both stick skills and GM and team building skills to coexist. As of now dedicated admins such as ourselves use spreadsheet trackers like the one posted below to track everything manually.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxY...ew?usp=sharing

Not withstanding the fact that we don't even have an Offseason camp system that enhances player progression built into the mode; leaving admins the tedious work of manual edits of applying the offline camps attribute upgrades into our leagues. Thank God for the quick edit feature. We had all of this in the last Gen online associations.

As for the lack of a free agent system to govern player movement during the Offseason, thank God I was able to locate this hidden gem of a thread on OS that provided a free agency simulator, complete with instructions on how to run it. This was a game changer for our 30 man MLO, that necessitated the need for keeping track of contracts in the spreadsheets to begin with.

http://forums.operationsports.com/sf...cy-calculator/

Without the sim world custom draft classes, we would be relying on 2ks self admitted lackluster generated draft classes. The quality of the sim world draft classes really enhanced the immersion of a legitimate multi season virtual online franchise that we managed to cobble together with the barebones foundation that 2k provides in the mode.

SimWorld Presents: The NBA2K17 Fictional Draft Class Thread (for Xbox One)

I have a staff of 5 admins in my MLO that I have paid money in order for them slave away doing tedious manual work in order to recreate a simulation 30 man online franchise with my friends that's been ongoing for almost a decade. All of these manual interventions are archaic in 2017 and is not sustainable. I always tell myself, next year 2k will get the feedback and make MLO seemless with the offline brethren. It's like deja vu every July where I create a similar thread like this and we get the same platitudes and excuses from 2k.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Right. Me and the admins of my own MLO have to slave away to make an immersive association mode. Begging members to provide write-ups for the league, implementing our own progression/camp system and having to manually edit players, having to have a great website in order to maintain member interest. It is just so much effort to maintain a solid experience, which could all be fixed with 2k making a better mode. We deserve better.

Regarding the thought of accepting mediocrity, I think it's time. Unless there is some groundbreaking information about MLO in 2k18 in the next month or so that they are waiting to release, I think we will forever get the shaft. The fact of the matter is that 2k could lose this mode, and they would lose ZERO money and only a small amount of their fanbase. Thus, it is understandable that they don't care. HOWEVER, the fact that this mode has the MOST POTENTIAL out of any game mode is what should be causing 2k to invest more time into it. With the eSports renovations, imagine if 2k had an eSports site dedicated to MLOs, separated by SIM leagues, money leagues, and no rule leagues. It would be an easy place to find members for leagues, and conglomerate the entire community in one where. They could even charge money to have games streamed on that site or get featured posts about leagues, thus attracting members. Like, if I wanted to get my league's Finals Game 5 streamed on the home page of that site, they could charge me money. They can even ask money out of commissioners to have their MLO connected through the site (ala DaddyLeagues). They don't realize the potential this mode can have and how universally sound it can be.

I agree 100% on the point that MLO and ML have the same menus and exact same accessibility EXCEPT for the full compatibility and autonomy that is given with offseasons, contracts, 3 team trades. Like I said in my first post, they either cannot figure it out (and thus should be fired), or don't care because they don't have competition (reason for me to go to Live). Best believe, that if Live has a fully function online association mode, I will pick up the game and switch on spot. Even if the gameplay is lacking, if Live can guarantee me a mode that is fully functional with minimal glitches, I'll switch until 2k can provide the same.

Almost unanimously, my league has agreed that we would take a slight lesser gameplay for a fully functional OA. 2k has its gameplay issues, and that's for another thread, but every game does. What makes games playable for long extents of time is if the modes are on point. Especially one that facilitates for group-think, camaraderie, and an encompassing fun experience.

I like that free agency simulator and considered doing the same in my league, however it just seemed like so much work for what it's worth. We shouldn't have to go through this much effort to even have a semblance of a simulation experience. It's not my job to ensure that MLO has contracts and free agency, it's 2k's job. For that reason alone, your point on the sustainability of this mode is a fact. This mode cannot be sustained for much longer, if it continues this way. Eventually, league commissioners will get burned out, or the simple amount of MLO players (specifically SIM) will be completely dredged and leagues will therefore die. It's simple. 2k is alienating a small, albeit very important, part of the online community and is completely missing the potential that this mode can have. I can't continue to spend multiple hours a week editing my league site, doing write-ups for the league, and editing players for progression ON TOP of playing league games and having an actual life. It's simply not possible, and if it's not fixed soon, the mode will die and the potential of the mode will never be reached.

Now, to wait until Live news comes out...
Old 07-28-2017, 01:39 PM   #40
Banned

Why won't 2k just be honest and say

"We don't care about online league. We cater to myplayer and mypark. We aren't gonna fix this"

I don't understand why they're so vague

2k is gonna be in trouble in 3 years. Live will be playable by then and 2k is still gonna have a very basic online league

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »