Home

Some Players on the NBA 2K18 All-Time Lakers Team Revealed, Who Joins Them?

This is a discussion on Some Players on the NBA 2K18 All-Time Lakers Team Revealed, Who Joins Them? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #49
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K18 Screenshot - All-Time Lakers

Parker, Gervin, Kawi, Timmay and the Admiral about to wreck this squad to be honest..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Pretty good. But Kareem needs to be slimmer, and I'm not sure about his face, might need some hair. Overall looks nice, but where are the rest of them? And shorts...? I think each player needs shorts for the ear they played in. Also, nice low Adidas for Kareem! Nice touch.

Edit: This is what Kareem should be like -

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar has never translated well to having long shorts. I know his arms look a little thicker than they should be but his short-shorts version has typically looked pretty good. It's just, when you throw on the knee-lengths, you lose that super gangly characteristic. Same thing happens when people create a long-shorts wearing Manute Bol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
No Cooper? No West?
There's 15 players on the roster, just only a few were shown. Those two are locks.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:45 PM   #51
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
My thoughts are: I hope you can edit the sizing of those shorts...
My first thoughts: (even before seeing the pick): I hope by default that these "all-time rosters" will rock short shorts regardless of era. My eyes can adjust to modern day player with shorter shorts, but throwback players rocking longer shorts just doesn't look right.

My second thought: If shorts must be of common length, how about having both options available in the selection screen. Everyone with short shorts OR everyone with modern day shorts.

My third thought: It would be great if we could edit short length, but I would prefer to play the game with default graphics that were done right. The less I have to fiddle with the better.

My fourth thought: I can play with modern day long short roster vs throwback era short short rosters in 2k17 on the same court at the same time. What's the challenge in having mixed short on the same roster.

Bottom line: Regardless, still great to see all-time greats on a single roster. I'm up for the challenge.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #52
Rookie

PippenFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Parker, Gervin, Kawi, Timmay and the Admiral about to wreck this squad to be honest..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I have plenty of respect for the Spurs but no way. We're talking about a team that has 3 of the all time greatest centers in Shaq, Kareem and Wilt. 4 if Mikan is in as well. Duncan and Robinson can only do so much ha.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:47 PM   #53
Rookie

After further review you guys are right didn't realize Gasol was in LA 7 seasons same as Memphis. I think there will be real laker greats left off. I just hope my Nets team has all it's players lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 08-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #54
Rookie

Imagine Wilt with Steph, Mullin, Hardaway, Richmond, Klay and others. KD better not be on that team though lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
'Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard" - Kevin Durant.......................... Los Angeles Clippers: San Francisco 49ers: New York Yankees: New Jersey Devils: New Jersey Nets (until they moved to Brooklyn): Temple University:
Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #55
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
NBA 2K18 Screenshot - All-Time Lakers

[quote=Steve_OS;2048947119]

Your thoughts?[/ 2k17 Shaq still better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5705.JPG (350.8 KB, 210 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2017, 12:55 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleve07103
After further review you guys are right didn't realize Gasol was in LA 7 seasons same as Memphis. I think there will be real laker greats left off. I just hope my Nets team has all it's players lol
In all honesty I BasketballReferenced Pau Gasol to snag his Finals stats in '09 about five minutes ago and I was surprised he put in seven years in L.A. as well. Seemed shorter.

I think your best hopes for the Nets' All-Time team rests in whether 2K added an early or mid-2000's classic Nets squad as well (02-03 or 06-07). In that case, hopefully that means they have the rights to guys like Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, Kerry Kittles, etc. I still worry about the inclusion of other non-Julius Erving Nets standouts though. Derrick Coleman, Kenny Anderson (who may have been in 2K12's DLC), Michael Ray Richardson, Stephon Marbury, Keith Van Horn, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »