Home

Fatigue Display in on-the-fly sub menu

This is a discussion on Fatigue Display in on-the-fly sub menu within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2017, 08:57 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fatigue Display in on-the-fly sub menu

I've asked in a few other threads but no clarity so far on how this will work.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:56 AM   #10
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Stamina of on-court players has always been visible by looking at how much turbo is available under the player's feet. I feel like adding too many things to the OTF menus just adds to clutter and is the exact opposite of "On-The-Fly".

One thing I'd like to see in the future is visual cues for stamina and injury. A guy limping or favoring one of his arms instead of that big, obtrusive plus sign. Or a guy who is tired moving slower, jogging when he can, hands on knees, breathing heavily, etc rather than a giant Gatorade logo.

Sometimes I go into Play Now on broadcast cam with the UI as minimal as I can get it, to see how much like real basketball this looks. It's why I loved the voice commands on 2K15. I'm a fan of them keeping OTF menus as minimal as possible.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:18 AM   #11
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Well I don't think it's in. But when you sub the old fashioned way (pausing) and during timeouts, you'll still see the stamina.

Not perfect, but it's what we have this year I guess.

I am an on the fly sub guy, but I did it the old fashioned way last year (I only play offline). Wasn't bad at all - used the time to think strategy and make adjustments etc. aswell.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #12
MVP

jk31's Arena

Yeah one could go into the pause menu and sub from there. But listen, I don't play any offline games. I just have no fun playing against the AI anymore. I play in an online league for several years now. I cannot pause the game every few minutes to do subsitutions
1) because it annoys my opponent
2) because it is known that 2k online games like to crash when doing to much in the pause menu

@isdatyt it's not that they should add more things. It's just that they should not remove. I don't want to switch to a guy just to see his stamina to know if I have to sub him out. Also I don't see what the fatigue of my bench guys is. I want to know if I can sub guys in without well subbing them in and look at their stamina bar....
Old 08-31-2017, 11:44 AM   #13
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
I just have no fun playing against the AI anymore.
Did you see the last 2 blogs dude?

Now is an amazing time to possibly give offline another shake.

When was the last 2K you played offline?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #14
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

It isn't in now, so they can give it to us in 2K19 and call it a "new feature."

Really NO reason this isn't there
Old 08-31-2017, 12:10 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
It isn't in now, so they can give it to us in 2K19 and call it a "new feature."

Really NO reason this isn't there
Bingo. Classic 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2017, 08:16 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Yeah one could go into the pause menu and sub from there. But listen, I don't play any offline games. I just have no fun playing against the AI anymore. I play in an online league for several years now. I cannot pause the game every few minutes to do subsitutions
1) because it annoys my opponent
2) because it is known that 2k online games like to crash when doing to much in the pause menu
And this is why it especially makes no sense that it's in the Pause Substitutions Menu that we get the best Stamina information: the precise numeric figure.

In 2K17, in the Timeout Substitution Menu, we get the color code, which is better than nothing but I never understood why not just give us the number. And in the In-Game Sub Menu, we get no indication at all.

So, basically, players managing subs in the best, least obtrusive way to their opponent, have to do it without benefit of any Stamina reading. Those who use Timeouts get ballpark Stamina readout and allow their opponent to do their own subs/adjustments. And those who force their opponents to twiddle their thumbs, in Pause, get rewarded with precise Stamina readout.

It's nonsensical. I'd much rather have Stamina readout than OVR. I know my players, so the latter is basically pointless.

Another stupid favoring of using Pause Subs is that it is only in Pause that a player gets any indication of his player's momentum states. In-game, we see heat if we are controlling the guy, but only one at a time. If doing subs in a Timeout, one flies blind on who one should keep in, despite being fatigued, unless one Pauses and checks there.

The Timeout Sub screen should be able to indicate numeric Stamina and also hot/cold coloring. And the In-Game menu should have numeric or at least color Stamina reading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »