Home

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (480p) - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Thunder (ncnative94)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Gameplay Video (480p) - All-Time Lakers vs. All-Time Thunder (ncnative94) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K18 ALL TIME LAKERS VS THUNDER (ncnative94)

Only partway through the video but a lot of the dribble moves looked sharper to me than they have in other videos. I'm going to chalk that up to user proficiency.

On the other side, I didn't love seeing Jerry West trying to levitate for a two-hand alley-oop. Similarly, I didn't like seeing Isiah Thomas try to throw down off one foot right off the tip a few days ago either. On the other hand, I wouldn't at all mind seeing a handful of more routine and old school dunk packages. I know Elgin Baylor could rise up, but his dunk style was still generic, relatively speaking. I'd dig seeing him pull those dunks off instead of him looking like Dwyane Wade out there. Easy to edit, just would be cooler if we didn't have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
No Sonics unis for the all time Thunder/Sonic's team, no buy for me. Sorry 2k but it's the little things that count.
I know they technically share history, but I wonder if there's something else going on there, where the Thunder organization chooses not to include Sonics gear in their pallet due to the extremely rough transition from Seattle to OKC. Just a hunch, but I imagine 2K is just honoring what they've been asked or told to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chmielu9123
Really ?people dying to watch some gameplay and you talking about menus.

So after the game is out you will be watching menus not playing this fantastic game ?

OS gonna OS i suppose.
I don't mind the menus, but there have been times where they've really jacked with my experience (cough, 2K10 & 2K13) so I understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Not diggin that celebration animation off the 3pt'er where they turn around before seeing it go in. I've seen Joe Dumars and Ray Allen do it now...two guys who would not do that. I also saw Jordan do some weird celebration after a 3 in another vid which he would never/has never done. I hope these celebrations and their frequency is editable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Blame Nick Young.
The animation eko speaks of is just about 1:1 identical to Stephen Curry. It's not the Nick Young or Gilbert Arenas walk-away-with-arms-outstretched (though that'd make no sense for Joe Dumars to do either). Instead, it's the shoot-then-spin-around-and-stare-at-the-crowd routine that Curry has unleashed on multiple occasions.

In my most humblest of opinions, this celebration should be reserved for Stephen Curry and Stephen Curry only. It's a built-in signature celebration, something to make using Curry feel special. To take it and make it a general post-triple celebration not only dulls the effect of seeing it used by Curry but it also serves as an immediate immersion breaker when guys like Ray Allen and Joe Dumars pull it off.

If the goal here is to sharpen the game up as much as possible, it 100 percent needs to be addressed by either limiting its occurrence or only allowing Stephen Curry to use it. I'm not comforted by the fact I've seen it twice in the 10 minutes of game time I've watched.

Old 09-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #34
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippenFan
Doesn't the regular OKC team have Sonics Jerseys as alts?
Nope

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator,
Old 09-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #35
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Same dude posted Heat vs Raptors (dunno if it's been posted);

https://youtu.be/42ivvhenBtk
Oh god the stepback from DeRozan at 2:20

Can't wait
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2017, 04:30 PM   #36
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvir10
The swim move into the cross KD did was nice! Really like that fade he did as well, looked signature.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by ForeverVersatile; 09-04-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:40 PM   #37
MVP

EZMADDEN's Arena

This gameplay looked fantastic to me! Can't wait for Friday!
Old 09-04-2017, 04:43 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverVersatile
The swim move into the cross KD did was nice! Really like that fade he did as well, looked signature.

I LOVE how slow and cumbersome the big men are when thry get stuck guarding a oerimeter player (durant vs olajawon). Should be a blow by everytime.

Last year big men could defend the perimeter like an elite defending guard
Old 09-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #39
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man 2k let these guys come out and get a ton of footage...and there's a LOT more to come....feels like they know they got a pretty good one this year (not that they aren't confident every year)

Friday cant come soon enough.

Old 09-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #40
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

Looking at all these videos, it still seems 2K doesn't fully realize just how skinny most NBA players' legs are.

Sure, some look good. But way too many are still too thick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »