Home

2k dunking/layup controls input

This is a discussion on 2k dunking/layup controls input within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #9
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2k dunking/layup controls input

This is why online play in these games is a dunk fest, the risk reward like you talked about, its best to just go for dunks because the layups were never worth it most the time, iv seen bigs like KG and Shaq in 2k17 get blocked by 6 ft guards , it needs to be altered so that more layups are attempted, and its not like were watching some dunk contest.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #10
MVP

delete Msg

Last edited by Impetuous65; 09-29-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impetuous65
This is why you go into freestyle practice and learn the "WINDOWS" to perform certain lay ups, tear drops, when to let go of sprint, when to euro ect... I'm killing lay ups in 2k with KD and Curry left and right handers and straight forward expecting contact. It's all about that WINDOW.
I'm not saying I do it. I like doing layups as most the time when driving. It's just something I notice. it's just something most people online do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #12
MVP

Americas Team's Arena

Just let turbo do right before you press the shot button.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2017, 07:12 PM   #13
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

I would rather have a separate modifier for dunks. I should be able to do a layup at full speed instead of triggering a dunk.

That's one of my least favorite things about playing with PGs; I would pretty much never want to dunk with Kyrie even though he can, for instance, but I need to let o off the sprint in order to not try to dunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-08-2017, 07:25 PM   #14
Rookie

One of the things I liked from games in the past was just mapping layup and dunk to two separate buttons. O for shoot,  to dunk. Wish it could be as easy as that nowadays.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:53 AM   #15
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
turbo is used to get past defenders but it's not that hard to let go. just like the shot stick is used to shoot, but you still have to let go of it, to release your shot.

as far as chris paul, what I am saying is, just cuz he doesn't normally dunk doesn't mean the system shouldn't attempt it, I think it should be on the user to not attempt it.

I see what your saying about a forceful drive, but the control manuals say it's a dunk. so I feel it should attempt it.

not saying your wrong for your thoughts, or the way you interpret it, just my opinion 2k should let the onus be on the user, I think it could increase the skill gap. But maybe they don't, because casuals. it's not a game killer by any means, just something I've always wondered. also sometimes I don't want to get a layup I want to attempt a dunk regardless if I miss I want to try to kill someone if I try to
For sure, its def not "hard" but we all know you're risking your FG% if you release turbo when you beat a guy lol.

And I know how you USER guys are about 2K deciding what you do.

Its just that IMO dunks in the wrong situations should yield bad results. I'd love to see more charges, missed dunks and losing the ball when the wrong guys try to power through the defense or people try dunking in the wrong instances.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 11:09 AM   #16
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I would rather have a separate modifier for dunks. I should be able to do a layup at full speed instead of triggering a dunk.

That's one of my least favorite things about playing with PGs; I would pretty much never want to dunk with Kyrie even though he can, for instance, but I need to let o off the sprint in order to not try to dunk.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This.

This is why Magic Johnson is so great in PNO and MyTeam, because he NEVER DUNKS. Layup animations at full speed (i.e. when you're pressing turbo and doing the layup) are faster and more shot blocker avoidant. Dunks are always slow and have your players cocking the ball in whatever direction you aim with using the stick. You can have no defenders in position to block if you use your right hand, but when you do a right handed dunk your guy will obnoxiously stick the ball as far out back as he can with his right hand to get himself blocked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »