Home

NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concerned?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concerned? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #17
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concer

I stay out of the MyCareer threads or the create player threads because I don't care about them.

If it annoys you ForeverVersatile maybe don't come into the thread - the title is usually a good indication for what is inside.

I'm not trying to be smart or anything, just legitimately trying to save you the annoyance.

I 100% appreciate threads like this after the game breaking PnR issue in 2K17 for me. The day threads like this are frowned upon is the day I stop using OS.

Constructive feedback.

Last edited by MarkWilliam; 09-10-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 33
Re: NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concer

While we do not have the retail Game plus the 1st patch in our hands yet, this type of threads are very serviceable as if this happens to remain an issue by then, it serves as a headstart that aids the devs to plan either a new patch or a game update, and if it is not present, this thread can be easily overseen by the devs (as well as by 2K/OS fans) ... something to have in mind, is that I believe 1st date patch was already submitted days ago, If not wrong, a few days after Davez incursion on the Myleague/MyGm thread.

Last edited by ffaacc03; 09-10-2017 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #19
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

And if I recall the blog correctly from OG, adjusting something like this may be like doing a simple roster update (not necessarily a patch).

So throwing it out there does zero harm.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:35 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 10

To me the elephant in the room isn't why it took so long before he stopped sagging but my issue of him sagging "all the way under the goal" just standing there which causes him to be wide open. Players just don't do that they sag just outside the paint .

But this was in 2k17 causes this same issue specifically on the pick and roll even before the roll. Just calling the pick would trigger this "extreme sagging"

OG praised and highlighted this extreme sagging in his blog plus this been around in 2k so I don't expect a "fix".Now, If they finally fix the extreme sagging I will be a buyer but as an offline franchise guy I will have to pass on it until that day come. Good video with explanation though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

This video from Sam Pham deals with similar issues, although he mostly addresses problems with transition defense. Apparently the footage he has is on superstar difficulty, so definitely an area of concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ezpJ9KED4&t=
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #22
Pro

Maybe this extreme sagging is designed this way due to the fact of how layups/dunks on cuts to the basket currently trigger in 2k? Maybe the help defender has to prematurely be in position to meet the cutter/roller due to the fact that if hes not theres nothing he can do defensively to affect the play. If the help defender isnt already under the rim before the pass is triggered then due to a combination of a lack of proper contextual defensive animation to move the guy in position as the pass in flight and the speed at which passes are fired into the paint the help guy has to be programmed to already be in position in order to actually provided any desired help. Just some speculation on my part. What do you guys think?
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #23
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Maybe this extreme sagging is designed this way due to the fact of how layups/dunks on cuts to the basket currently trigger in 2k? Maybe the help defender has to prematurely be in position to meet the cutter/roller due to the fact that if hes not theres nothing he can do defensively to affect the play. If the help defender isnt already under the rim before the pass is triggered then due to a combination of a lack of proper contextual defensive animation to move the guy in position as the pass in flight and the speed at which passes are fired into the paint the help guy has to be programmed to already be in position in order to actually provided any desired help. Just some speculation on my part. What do you guys think?
Fair speculation I think.

Would really like some feedback on this so we don't have to speculate though.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:43 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
Fair speculation I think.

Would really like some feedback on this so we don't have to speculate though.
Yeah would be nice to get an explanation about it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »