Home

NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concerned?

This is a discussion on NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concerned? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2017, 11:28 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baebae32
Yeah would be nice to get an explanation about it
Yeah but an explanation won't fix the problem but just explain why they did it to "fix" one aspect of the defense which in turn causes another​ problem so it really doesn't fix anything in my opinion but cover up a deficiency if that was the reason.

I remember early in 2k17 cycle was constantly getting defensive 3 second calls so to fix that in an update they had the offense player run into the paint with the extreme sagging defender just before the 3 seconds to "fix" the defense from getting 3 second calls.

I had video of this but I'm too lazy to find that from a year ago. But I thought it was funny because you would first see the defensive player run into the paint like they still do now and about 2 second later the offensive player would run into the paint to "reset" the 3 seconds .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 01:08 AM   #26
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concer

I'd settle for acknowledgement - because that might result in 2K saying;

"Yes we are aware of this issue and it is being tweaked in the day 1 patch"
Old 09-12-2017, 02:55 AM   #27
Pro

KayOtic723's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2k18 - Otto Porter Scenario (Wide open 3 point shots) ... Should we be concerned?

Has anybody watch czar new prelude play breakdown videos It could answer a lot of you guys questions and concerns...no video game is this in depth I put my life on it like I have said before things might not work as intended sometimes but they are making the smartest AI period his YouTube is Da_Czar

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-12-2017, 03:12 AM   #28
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0

How easy is the 2ku mode?

Incredibly easy?

Probably on purpose then.
Old 09-12-2017, 04:07 AM   #29
Rookie

Kese86's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWilliam
I mean I know the idea is to anticipate a Curry blow by. But this is just not right to me..... too heavy of a sag considering Green's 3pt ability.

What's the answer here? Reduce the overly aggressive sag from Love?

Should TT be dropping into the middle (Zaza not a threat on the wing)?

EDIT: If we find out that this is just a product of Pro difficulty and it's tightened after 1 x 3PM on Superstar or HOF then I'm happy.
TT should be dropping to the middle because Zaza is no threat. Kevin Love should be just outside the paint. Those are basic basketball principles, but like you said it could be based on difficulty level or being an early build.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:03 AM   #30
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaggedout
I completely understand your concern, but what skill level is the game being played on. It was stated that ace works on higher skilled levels. Lower skill level makes the game a lot easier and certain adjustments won't be made. Try changing the skill level, if possible, and see what happens.
Unfortunately, prelude is on one set skill level. No adjustments can be made to the demo.

If ACE isn't active on lower skill level, and hypothetically assume 2k18's prelude is on the lower pro difficulty level, why would Kevin Love all of a sudden clamp down on Draymond if Draymond took about 12-13 three point shots and didn't even make one? Would Love leave Draymond wide open all the time if ACE is inactive?

Watch the all misses video in my first post. Kevin starts to clamp Draymond @ approximately 2:15 mark (youtube playback time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
How easy is the 2ku mode?

Incredibly easy?

Probably on purpose then.
The following is a video from the 2k18 prelude of Klay leaving JR Smith in the corner. Klay sags directly into the paint. If 2KU is hypothetically incredibly easy for the gamer, shouldn't Klay not have given Smith that much space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolfanDave
To me the elephant in the room isn't why it took so long before he stopped sagging but my issue of him sagging "all the way under the goal" just standing there which causes him to be wide open. Players just don't do that they sag just outside the paint .
Spoiler
The above Klay video shows a massive sag to the paint as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdinhoGaming
This video from Sam Pham deals with similar issues, although he mostly addresses problems with transition defense. Apparently the footage he has is on superstar difficulty, so definitely an area of concern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3ezpJ9KED4&t=
I actually have an educated theory (all based on visual observation) as to why the transition defense has issues and it is how 2k programs not only transition sequences, but just defense in general. I'm going to gather visual footage in the future to show why I believe my theory may be correct.

I'm going to eventually post it in the following thread though:
I Spammed the Long Pass in The Prelude--here are the results...

But basically it has to do with the defenders being programmed to go back to their "spots' on the floor first and foremost before reading and reacting to the transition offense. And it is "finding their programmed spots" on the floor that is causing problems with transition defense; again it is only my theory. It's especially prevalent from the 2k camera. The broadcast camera actually mask the problem a bit better. After every single made or miss bucket, the defenders will run back across half court and find their "spot" on the floor. It's actually even more apparent after a successfully made bucket. This also adds to the reason why online long outlet passes work so well against users that don't know how to defend it.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-12-2017 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 5

This, the transition issue, and the non showing of attributes at purchase are HUGE ISSUES, that deserve better acknowledgement and/or repair by 2k, which we will get neither. Or the people to speak with their wallets, but majority are too busy clamoring over new walking to buy shoe menus,which is evident by the views and responses to threads like this vs accessories threads here and over st 2k forums. Sad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #32
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

The game is clearly on at least Pro difficulty, maybe even rookie. I've been scorching the Cavs with Steph in 2KU. Last night I put up 42 points with Steph alone. I know IT is a bad defender, but nobody is bad enough to give up 42 points in 10 minutes, especially with no shot clock to even speed the game up. They also never brought a double team, not even when I got Love or Thompson switched on to me. I'm not worried about this at all because it's clearly a function of difficulty in my eyes.

The only thing that somewhat worries me, is what difficulty will online play be on? I don't want to deal with this in competitive modes. I'm okay with guys being stupid in single player modes, but I don't want to deal with the 2K17 days of guys being able to cheese 5 outs all day because the CPU ignores shooters. If ACE isn't going to kick in until Superstar, but they have PNO & MTO set to All-Star difficulty, I'm gonna be pissed. The last thing I want to deal with if I spend $150 day one, is me losing games because they're going brain dead in games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »