Home

NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2017, 09:17 AM   #9
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 Teach Me How To Thread : Tips,Plays,Defense

How do I use the "I got ball " feature on defense?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2017, 10:42 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow
closet mycourt

How do you get to this?
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #11
Rookie

20:02 in this Warriors vs. Bulls clip...

It's signature Steph catch and shoot...

Can't seem to pull it off though.

Anyone able to get this animation yet?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 11:15 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne

Go to Settings and look for the option somewhat named "Defensive Communication" and Enable it. It is turned OFF by default.

One's best success comes after their greatest disappointments
Old 09-15-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
MVP

FerdBrown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
How do you get to this?

Look for the doorman to your condo. Guy named Spaghetti.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:17 PM   #14
Rookie

Anyone have tips for learning how to cook in the post?

This is my first go around as a post scorer and I need more moves than my old backdown, drop-step bully ball move that worked so well with my 2k17 glass cleaner.

This year I want to focus on post-fades but I am having a little trouble getting space to shoot after posting up.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:09 PM   #15
Pro

Ragnar53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nba2kpdx
Anyone have tips for learning how to cook in the post?

This is my first go around as a post scorer and I need more moves than my old backdown, drop-step bully ball move that worked so well with my 2k17 glass cleaner.

This year I want to focus on post-fades but I am having a little trouble getting space to shoot after posting up.
I know most post of the post moves in the game. I won't be able to show any video because I'm working a split shift in a couple hours (gotta get ready for work and call my boss to confirm) but I can write out how to do them.

So. Post Moves. Hold Left Trigger, don't commence bouncing down yet. Keep your dribble alive. If your defender is pushing you with his strength and making you bend forwards you can counter this by either post spinning in the opposite direction of where his arm (this is very important to keep track of) is on your back OR post driving (using your off hand to hook the defender's arm that was just on your back). Your can trigger both the post spin and post drive with the Right Trigger (And get a much tighter spin) and by pointing the left stick to either your back shoulder for a post spin or to your ball hand for a post drive. You can also use the Right Stick to do those moves, just use them in the same direction as the left stick and you'll get a much more dramatic and forceful spin.

So, Left Stick and Right trigger for smaller, more agile bigs like Blake Griffin and Anthony Davis. Right stick for big bruisers like Demarcus Cousins or Zach Randolph.

Now once you get those moves down, this will start setting up your post fades. Now, once you do those moves you'll start to notice the defenders are playing off you and anticipating you going to the rim, effectively stonewalling you. Now is the time to start pulling out the post fades. I learned how to do all of them with the Square button so I'm not reliant on the stick (although I use the Right Stick for my up and unders sometimes if I'm lazy or I really want to pick a direction to go in.

To do a post fade to in either direction simply hold the Left Trigger and hold the Left Stick in that direction, then shoot with Square and you'll do a post fade in that direction. This is very very important. If you can't prove you can hit post fades with any kind of consistency, they are just going to let you take those all day and won't even bother contesting.

Now once you've proven you can hit post fades and know how to do post drives and spins is when you want to start implementing Post Shimmying into your game and not a second before. In order to do a post shimmy to the left (holding Left Trigger of course) Double Tap Square and hold the Left Stick to the left. What will happen is that your character will fake like he's fading or going right and then turn around and shoot to the left. To do a post shimmy to the right, Double Tap Square and hold the Left Stick to the Right.

Now once you start making those consistently. Abuse the **** out of up and unders, because now your defender has to jump everytime if he wants to have any chance at forcing you into a miss. Read the 2KU in how to do up and unders, because my fingers are cramping lol.

Also new this year is the Post Spin Shot. Back your guy down. Take your hand OFF the Left Stick so that it's completely neutral and double tap square. Your guy will take a post spin jumper to the opposite side shoulder. So if the ball was in his left hand he'll spin and fade to the right and vice versa if the ball was in his right hand. It's pretty cool and really useful to do as well after setting it up before hand with spins and drives (as during the animation he dips his shoulders as if he's going to drive in the direction before spinning the opposite way).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 04:53 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne

You can turn on defensive communication in the coach settings. It's only passive though unfortunately - you can't choose to yell at your teammates, just respond to what they are doing and change the defensive settings if you don't like it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »