Home

2K Devs, We know you are reading

This is a discussion on 2K Devs, We know you are reading within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #1
MVP

Radja's Arena

OVR: 17
2K Devs, We know you are reading

the game plays perfectly in My League All Star settings.

DON'T CHANGE A THING. NO PATCH. ITS FINE. RESIST THE URGE.

for most people, we think, "oh, if I just do this it will be perfect."

it wont. it is already the best playing basketball game of all time. its perfect.

thank you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2017, 10:52 PM   #2
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: 2K Devs, We know you are reading

MyLeague is a mess without a patch

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2017, 11:14 PM   #3
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

The gameplay is fine without a patch. The gameplay is fantastic, in fact.

They need to patch things like CAP and MyLeague
Old 09-15-2017, 11:16 PM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
The gameplay is fine without a patch. The gameplay is fantastic, in fact.

They need to patch things like CAP and MyLeague
Agreed Completely.
Old 09-15-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7

Dont touch a thing please just leave it alone, the game is fine, in fact it actually is playing like a simulation of ACTUAL BASKETBALL right now... lik the OP said just resist the urge to placate the 12 yr Olds who want to score 100 with their Myplayer every game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2017, 12:33 AM   #6
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

There's plenty of glitches, but the core ganeplay is great

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 09-16-2017, 12:48 AM   #7
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramachild11
Dont touch a thing please just leave it alone, the game is fine, in fact it actually is playing like a simulation of ACTUAL BASKETBALL right now... lik the OP said just resist the urge to placate the 12 yr Olds who want to score 100 with their Myplayer every game
The GAMEPLAY is fine, but there are issues in MyLeague that have to do with rookies in the draft classes, contracts, and duplicate players. To say "Don't touch a thing, the game is fine" isn't accurate.

There are quite a few people on this forum that play offline MyLeague or MyGM. We aren't "MyPlayer 12 year olds" as you put it.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:14 AM   #8
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Note: I'm not really here to debate the following, but just wanted to point them out briefly right now. I'll gather more visual footage and post them in a more appropriate thread maybe several weeks to a month down the line. I was simply playing 2k18. Didn't try to "test" anything out. I simply played the game straight up on hall of fame and these two concerns are still what jumps out at me.

If the developers actually read this post.

If I have to be truly honest, my biggest concern with the gameplay comes down to two things. One is a legacy issue that can't be fixed with a patch (it's going to have to come either with 2k19 or 2k20 if they choose to address it. It's going to require the developers to completely revamp their transition defense); the other one will depend on how they decide to approach the Otto Porter Jr scenario. Other than that, my first couple of days with the game currently seems to be fine.

I only play on Hall of Fame, default slider. The transition defense for both CPU and user teammate AI allows easy long passes for those that know how to exploit long passes. It has to do with the way 2k programs the defenders getting back in transition first and foremost sprinting straight to their "spots" on the floor rather than immediately reacting to the offensive transitions. Secondly, the defenders have their backs turned and therefore, there's no way of them seeing the offensive transitions. The problem also stems from the offensive players not having to look for the pass to successfully catch the pass in perfect stride; this adds to the concern.

And as I suspected even with just the prelude, the "otto porter" situation will show up on Hall of fame difficulty and sometimes even for legitimate three point shooters.

I Spammed the Long Pass in The Prelude--here are the results...

EDIT: Please note that I am an offline gamer. Adding the following video showing long transition pass success; this affects both online and offline gameplay as well because it's a problem with the way 2k programs their transitional defense and get back defense in general. Even though long passes is a cheese tactic, that's not what it's about. It's more than just that. It's about transitional basketball not represented properly unfortunately. If the transitional defense and transitional offense is still using the same 2k legacy programming formula, unfortunately, any patch work will simply be a cat and mouse game. Honestly from what I can see, you can't patch this. The coding needs to be completely reworked.

There are definitely measures that can be taken to completely eliminate this, and I'll come up with visual footage and thread posts in the appropriate thread ( i.e. long spam thread already started by Kushmir). Possible solution that I think may completely solved the problem. It'll probably take a few weeks.

NBA 2k18 - Hall of Fame difficulty, default slider
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-16-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »