Home

On Ball Defense is HORRIBLE!!

This is a discussion on On Ball Defense is HORRIBLE!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: On Ball Defense is HORRIBLE!!

The park the defense is good. Offline the defense is good. But myteam multiplayer the defense is broken. You slide to much. Your cpu teammates leave there defenders wide open for 3s like previous 2ks. I'm great at defense. I love the defense in this game but in myteam mode it's horrible right now. It has to be a glitch that will be patch soon because it's unplayable right now if you play man to man defense like I do. If you play off ball then you can tolerate it.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:30 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImInThis
Maybe it's just me and my team? I cannot for the life of me stay in front my opponent. I've been playing 2k for years and I play on ball 80% of the time so I know what I'm doing. I know what good defensive settings are.

This game is horrid when playing on ball and everyone I play does nothing but turbo all game. I was able to shut these turbo cheesers down back in NBA 2k16. Now? It's just pathetic, I can barely stay on them going to the rim

Yeah it's only myteam mode where the defense is terrible right now. Not in the park, not offline but I only experience all this sliding and non existing defense playing online in myteam mode. It's has to be a glitch because in the park defense is great and offline defense is great.
Old 09-18-2017, 09:20 AM   #35
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Nothing wrong with defense at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2017, 09:24 AM   #36
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

If you can't play defense it's because you're not good at it. The defense is outstanding. Keep grinding, man.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #37
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm so impressed with defense now after getting used to it lol. Even in Park! With my 6'2" Playmaking/Shooting 67 OVR PG, I held my own against a 86 OVR 6'4" Slashing/SC PG. Contested a lot of his shots and forced misses. But then again, he could've very well just have been garbage lol
Old 09-18-2017, 10:12 AM   #38
Rookie

yall should honestly delete this thread.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #39
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Honestly, I think the defense (post scoring) is so good this year that I'm going to take a chance with a Defending, Post-Scoring center in MyCareer. I never cared about the mode before, and most times than not I mainly ended up creating some type of SF due to it being the most "overused" position.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:23 AM   #40
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Defense is great this year. If you have a good defender you will have no trouble staying in front this year. The lateral quickness seems to be matched with the offense this time around. Years past, you basically waited for that bump animation and glided past your defender. This year, the defender can boost and cut off the angles and push you back and you can feel the difference in great defenders like Butler and M.Smart v. Harden or Melo. Players like Butler who are great perimeter players can close gaps faster and force a dribbler to a side and if you lay off the steal button, you'll make your opponent make a mistake by way of force.

Plus the recovery time for defenders who lose their assignment is better. If you swing the ball around the court, the defenders do a much better job at switching.

Steal spamming is gone too. If you're the type of player who attempts a steal at least 2-5 times every possession or when any player touches the ball, you will be punished. One good dribble move on a steal attempt creates just enough space to play make. Last year, you could spam the steal button and recover on defense just as fast with little penalty for reaching fouls.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »