Home

Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team?

This is a discussion on Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #73
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we take a moment to congratulate the GAMEPLAY dev team?

Wow, he was congratulating and now he's banned. what is this
Old 09-19-2017, 01:22 PM   #74
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHEGAWD
$20? I'm pretty sure games were $40 bucks back then
No he's talking about how nfl2k5 was sold for only 20 bucks. It was a bold move to undercut Madden sales.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #75
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHEGAWD
$20? I'm pretty sure games were $40 bucks back then
No...it was $19.99 for all 2K5 games that particular year. At the time, NBA/NFL 2K5 were very solid games, and they took a chance on the lower price point. Before, the 2K games were more "niche", and Live and Madden were dominating the sports genre in terms of sales. NBA 2K continued to chop away at the Live market until they were beaten in obscurity. NFL 2K was stopped before they had a chance due to EA buying the NFL license. For some, NFL 2K5 is still somewhat the game to beat.

Otherwise, I think games were $49.99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
I'm seeing a lot of people around the internet complaining (myself included) and i just don't feel like it's an accurate reflection of how good the gameplay is, so i thought it'd be worth setting up a thread where people can express their positive thoughts too. The 2k team slaves over this game for almost a year and they're only human, it'd be nice for them to hear that their work is appreciated. Also, 2K are more likely to build on the things that people appreciate. Think about that for a moment.

For me the gameplay is a total triumph. I've been playing basketball games since 2001 and this is the most impressed i've ever been with the gameplay. In terms of the little "risk/reward" sub-games of the game, i feel like this is the best it's ever been. You have to think from a basketball perspective to win. I'm seeing a lot of people on the internet complain that the game is too hard (i can't make shots! Too many turnovers! Defense is horrible!), but that's a load of bull$hit. I just blew out the Bucks with my crappy expansion team on superstar (where Ibaka, Jeremy Lin & Kyle Anderson are my big 3). This year it's not the game that's bad, it's the player.

Not only that, the way the animations branch off each other is pretty amazing. It moves beautifully. Defense feels SOOOOO much better. The "live ball" feel is really cool too. The driving game is great. Rebounding is cool. And there's so many other little tweaks under the hood that i can't put my finger on that are contributing to making this game feel like real NBA basketball.

I'm sure as we play it over the coming weeks/months there will be trends that emerge within the gameplay that need to be tweaked, but i don't believe anybody can have the grounds to complain about the gameplay until they really express how ****ing good it is. To me it's like basketball heaven. It's easily the best gameplay they've ever released. Way better than 2k11 imo, anybody who says otherwise is just getting cute with it imo. So congrats to Mike Wang, Scott O, Da Czar and whoever else who worked on the gameplay. I'm having an awesome time with the game. There's not enough time in the day to play with all the teams that i wanna play with.

What are you guys loving about the game?

Do you notice a little pause when animations are finished. Like when walking the ball past half court or a simple crossover.

But back to your original point, the gameplay is pretty decent. Credit where credit is do.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

www.blaksmarshall.com | Social Media @blaksmarshall
Old 09-19-2017, 02:29 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
You didn't ask me, but had my name in yo' mouf (thanks for the shout), so I'll tell you what I'm doing.

I don't have the game yet and I am waiting until either the end of September or until when MyLeague's fundamental coding issues and errors are fixed, whichever comes later. I'm so busy this month I don't want to let myself get distracted by the game so that's why I'm waiting at least that long.

I really like what I'm seeing about gameplay, but as an offline MyLeague player, if the mode is jacked up (currently it is), I won't enjoy just playing one off games.

Your mileage may vary.
I am with you in the MyLeague issues as it's the only mode I play.

Thanks for the feedback

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »