Home

Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here

This is a discussion on Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2017, 05:06 AM   #41
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Becoming a Post God - Post Your Tips Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
100% agree with this...this is big for the post game and why I almost never get blocked from the post position. There are a ton of counters that you can pull off accurately.

I can't speak for any modes out side of Play Now Off/Online but there a are a ton of tools to dominate the post with IMO..
Can you post a video of you playing in the post online or offline, iv heard you say a couple times that your able to dominate in the post, but in terms of back to the basket moves there arent many effective ones, the only time they really work is when your online and your defender gets way out of position and you can hook shot it in, but im interested in what ways your dominating in the post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 06:36 AM   #42
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Can you post a video of you playing in the post online or offline, iv heard you say a couple times that your able to dominate in the post, but in terms of back to the basket moves there arent many effective ones, the only time they really work is when your online and your defender gets way out of position and you can hook shot it in, but im interested in what ways your dominating in the post.
There are plenty effective moves bro...I think you're just a bit too focused on the hook shot itself....

I'd be glad to post some though, I pretty much save all my replays now that we can use the post game score summary....
Old 10-01-2017, 07:52 AM   #43
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Try experimenting with the post drive and post spins . I’ve been using the post step back a lot lately . I get blocked a lot with the up and under : my he drop step is popular too.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #44
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Clips from my two games this morning and a random clip from my HD

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62r6zq
Old 10-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #45
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Clips from my two games this morning and a random clip from my HD

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62r6zq
Really 24th?..... Street Fighter music. We need to talk about your musicly selection here

Let not post that much info. Let these kids learn lol. Or at least watch YouTube of these classic players.

Anyone saying the up and under doesn't work. Isn't using it right. The up and under shouldn't "just work" That is the beauty of the post game. The up and under only works when the defender jumps towards you. If he just jumps up and down it won't work. You have to recognize what is happening. If the defender just goes up and down. Then use fade away. These kids just want the one more game over. That's scary. 2k literally hands you a army swiss knife of moves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by jeebs9; 10-01-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2017, 09:38 AM   #46
Pro

Vroman's Arena

People so overlook post scoring on their mc players. Shot Creators , Rebounders and Sharpshooter (or having any of them in combo) gives u just enough post offense ratings to bead non-good post defender 1v1 down low .

Here is some clips i've gathered with my 6'6 sharpshooter+playmaker on superstar difficulty MC games and park.

Old 10-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #47
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Really 24th?..... Street Fighter music. We need to talk about your musicly selection here

Let not post that much info. Let these kids learn lol. Or at least watch YouTube of these classic players.

Anyone saying the up and under doesn't work. Isn't using it right. The up and under shouldn't "just work" That is the beauty of the post game. The up and under only works when the defender jumps towards you. If he just jumps up and down it won't work. You have to recognize what is happening. If the defender just goes up and down. Then use fade away. These kids just want the one more game over. That's scary. 2k literally hands you a army swiss knife of moves.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Lol whatever man...it was saved to my PS4 & I didn't feel like exporting ...I hate the silence..

I agree though, the post game has seen some dark times in 2k...this year isnt one of them....Im shocked when I hear someone say its ineffective. I'm confident enough in the post game to try and seal the game vs a GSW user who can hit 3 3's in 15 seconds, lol

The counters work, the responsiveness of the finishing hand works. So when I run into a 'jumper' trying to block me with his stomach...I just wait him out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-01-2017, 10:04 AM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I'm one of the people who says the up and under doesn't work, but we're playing in two different worlds. Your posts and videos show you play online a lot. I'm strictly talking about playing the CPU. From my experience with the up and under, it is entirely ineffective against the CPU unless a much smaller defender is switched onto you. Even then, they never bite...but you can finish over them. I'm sure it's a great tool online because guys love to jump on the first move, but against the CPU it's nerfed.

The whole point of this thread and my labbing has been to figure out which of the moves available to us are most effective against the CPU, and at which times. Some of the moves are too OP (the Dream Shake fade) while others are almost entirely useless (regular Post Hook towards the key and the up and under) because of how the computer reacts to them and the general quality of the contests that come from those various animations.

I understand the incredible bounty of moves available to us this year, and the post game is more fluid and fun than it's ever been. That said, the effectiveness of each individual move should be more widely varied when using an elite post scorer against the CPU, instead of some moves being useless and others almost indefensible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »