Home

CPU running the same play(s) over and over again!!

This is a discussion on CPU running the same play(s) over and over again!! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2017, 10:44 PM   #25
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: CPU running the same play(s) over and over again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaz
arent we talking about a user vs cpu problem? I myself can call all of the plays that I want for my team.

Yes, I'm talking about the user (Hall of Fame) vs Cpu. Obviously, yes, the user can call many different combination of plays and branch out of set plays and freelance all he or she wants, that's never the problem.

The problem is the computer not using their entire arsenal.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2017, 10:53 PM   #26
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I've seen the same problem. Throw it to the wing, never throw it into the post, off ball screen. Rinse and repeat.

Auto play calling for the user could use some work as well.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:04 PM   #27
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0

My issue with this is they work ALOT

I had GS run the same set for curry all game and the screen that gets curry open ALWAYS worked

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-23-2017, 11:49 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Yes, I'm talking about the user (Hall of Fame) vs Cpu. Obviously, yes, the user can call many different combination of plays and branch out of set plays and freelance all he or she wants, that's never the problem.

The problem is the computer not using their entire arsenal.
my bad - i was responding to impetuous65's post... i prob should have quoted him.

would be great if we could get this patched for more variety from cpu controlled teams, and just see plays from other than just the main superstar.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:11 AM   #29
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
My issue with this is they work ALOT

I had GS run the same set for curry all game and the screen that gets curry open ALWAYS worked

Note: I play on Hall of Fame, default slider, ACE ON, no adjustments, default settings.

If you know that they're running the same play for Curry, are you changing up how you're playing defensively? I'm not even talking about switching to zone or man up defense, but just your stick skills. And if you're anticipating the computer's movements.

The following is me playing on-ball and off-ball defense.

I was actually hoping this year they would have made it more difficulty in the sense that when the CPU has called a play, I didn't want to see the ball handler standing in the same spot until the called play concludes. I was hoping that the CPU ball handler would actually either motion left or right or even act like he was going to drive the paint or something, or actually break off in the middle of the set play and improvise, or go to a second or third play immediately. I was hoping the off-ball teammate would act like they're about to do something other than just stand there.

Notice in the video when the play is called and put into motion. The ball handler majority of the time would be standing there dribbling the ball. That's the time when you can potentially get away with switching to off-ball defense. I watch for Curry/Thompson running around screens and basically switch to off ball defense to anticipate their spots/movements and cut them off.

I'm basically watching all 10 guys on the court, especially the CPU opposition and try to read and anticipate what they're doing, or about to do.

Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-24-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 12:15 AM   #30
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Note: I play on Hall of Fame, default slider, ACE ON, no adjustments, default settings.

If you know that they're running the same play for Curry, are you changing up how you're playing defensively? I'm not even talking about switching to zone or man up defense, but just your stick skills. And if you're anticipating the computer's movements.

The following is me playing on-ball and off-ball defense.

I was actually hoping this year they would have made it more difficulty in the sense that when the CPU has called a play, I didn't want to see the ball handler standing in the same spot until the called play concludes. I was hoping that the CPU ball handler would actually either motion left or right or even act like he was going to drive the paint or something, or actually break off in the middle of the set play and improvise, or go to a second or third play immediately. I was hoping the off-ball teammate would act like they're about do to something other than just stand there.

Notice in the video when the play is called and put into motion. The ball handler majority of the time would standing there dribbling the ball. I watch for Curry/Thompson running around screens and basically switch to off ball defense to anticipate their spots/movements and cut them off.

I'm basically watching all 10 guys on the court, especially the CPU opposition and try to read and anticipate what they're doing, or about to do.

I was playing HOF as well.I try to anticipate it but it just seems that last screen ALWAYS hit me

I didn’t really want to take another dude from somewhere else off because it didn’t seem realistic. Curry put up 52 in a loss. It’s like the CPU Knew the play was trash

Old 09-25-2017, 06:26 AM   #31
Rookie

I had this "ball-swinging-around-until-the-shot-clock-expires" against the Raptors as well. It happened with their 2nd unit. Maybe a tendency problem. Nobody has a high enough "touches" or "shooting" tendency?

All in all the cpu should run wayyyyyyy more pick-and-roll. That's severly lacking. I mean we see that action in almost every offensive sequence at least once in real life.

In the game? Only seldom.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »