Home

The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

This is a discussion on The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #145
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garypayton
Anybody thinking about going back to 2k17?
Absolutely not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #146
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The disturbing truth about why driving to the basket is so easy this year...

Quote:
if anything, it would be 2k16 for me. but no - overall, 18's gameplay is great.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:32 PM   #147
Rookie

RainZ's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
No no no no no no no noooooooooooo!
Old 10-03-2017, 11:27 PM   #148
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich

driving to the basket HOF.

you don't need clipings actually. you just..... go.
Some of it is pretty bad. I think the main issue is that 2k has been programmed to 'defend' with their animations before, and without them there... it's a joke.

I kind of wonder how much of this is slider adjustment, too, without getting slayed by people talking about 'new engines'.. because I think one can achieve a similar effect in 17 if you mess with sliders. Maybe not that 'bad.'

I have more problem with the isos than I do with the breaks. I can live with the breaks, but the isos... the problem with those is that you don't need contact, most people would just steal the ball from you if you drove like that. You are driving right into them with the ball right in front of you, that's what is missing. Dudes would be poking that away almost every time.

Edit: but the ones where the ball isn't in a spot that it looks like they could reach their arm out and steal... look pretty realistic. Maybe more contact inside.

-Smak

Last edited by ILLSmak; 10-03-2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 03:00 AM   #149
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

I actually kept 17 installed, and a couple days ago I decided what the heck Im going to finish out MyLeague season as I was starting the playoffs, but about 5-7 minutes into the 1st qtr I turned it off. NBA2k18 is so much better than 17, its night and day, its almost as big a gap between 17 and 18 as there is with how much better NBA2k18 is over Live18. And I actually enjoyed 17, but 18 is just so much smoother, and just plays a much better game.

I had planned on keeping 17 installed, as backuo just incase the devs dont fix MyLeague, alhtough I think they will since Dave has been in here posting, so I trust him when he says they are working on fixing it. A few yrs ago I wouldnt have trusted them, but they improved in the trust area the past couple yrs or so. So I went ahead and deleted 17. Hope I dont end up regretting that

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #150
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Not a chance. 17 was WOAT.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:47 PM   #151
Rookie

Old School Fool's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

I don't know how people can have this thought sometimes. Not only does the game play and look better, but the game is completely up to date.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #152
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Not a chance. 17 was WOAT.
Many other games out right now and coming soon. Common saying in 2k community is "so much potential, but falls short." This year especially. New movement is good, but in the end, it's not a good and balanced game. Not even close. Patching never helps either. 2k is spam and exploits and it always has been. Actually playing basketball and running an offense is not something 2k has ever rewarded and likely never will. It's just there for aesthetics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »