Home

“Good” Shot Release Broken?

This is a discussion on “Good” Shot Release Broken? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

OVR: 0
“Good” Shot Release Broken?

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this in another thread , if they have can you please point me to it .

I play a majority MyCareer/Pro-Am , and I have been having issues with shooting this year . I’m a shot creating sharpshooter, but I noticed I miss around 90% off my shots with a “good” release even if I’m “open” or “wide open”. I don’t expect to make every shot I take because that’s highly unrealistic but I do think 90% is pretty high, being that i do have a rating of 90+ in both my mid range and 3pt shot. Just wondering if I’m the only one having this issue or not . If I am , can anybody offer some shooting tips. I hate to think that I have to get a “excellent” release in order to make shots .

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: “Good” Shot Release Broken?

I've seen guys with similar issues on here; what're your outside shot ratings?

Old 09-27-2017, 05:36 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

It's a ways back, but yeah (there was discussion about it, nothing like it being a confirmed bug or anything):

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...es-bugged.html
Old 09-27-2017, 05:38 PM   #4
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Suggestion as a baseline test.

Try a few Play Now games with real NBA players. Use Curry, Klay and Durant and see if your release feedback is the same as your myplayer's feedback.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwankSinatra
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this in another thread , if they have can you please point me to it .

I play a majority MyCareer/Pro-Am , and I have been having issues with shooting this year . I’m a shot creating sharpshooter, but I noticed I miss around 90% off my shots with a “good” release even if I’m “open” or “wide open”. I don’t expect to make every shot I take because that’s highly unrealistic but I do think 90% is pretty high, being that i do have a rating of 90+ in both my mid range and 3pt shot. Just wondering if I’m the only one having this issue or not . If I am , can anybody offer some shooting tips. I hate to think that I have to get a “excellent” release in order to make shots .

More emphasis has been put on focusing on the timing and rhythm of your shot. I don't mean focusing on the meter, personally I turned it off. Focus on the release point of a jumpshot animation that you find is best for you. Also, pay attention to the vibration of the controller as a sort of guide on when the shot needs to be released. Practice with your new releases and try to find somethin on your player during the shooting animation that can give you a signal that it's time to let go of the joystick. Maybe the feet come together at that point, or the elbow starts to straighten at a certain point, something that can be a visual tell for you.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2017, 05:43 PM   #6
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSexy
I've seen guys with similar issues on here; what're your outside shot ratings?

92 contested 3 ,90 open 3 , 93 open mid, 94 contested mid

Old 09-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #7
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Suggestion as a baseline test.

Try a few Play Now games with real NBA players. Use Curry, Klay and Durant and see if your release feedback is the same as your myplayer's feedback.

I’ll give that a try tonight

Old 09-27-2017, 05:45 PM   #8
Rookie

SwankSinatra's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjhamstar
More emphasis has been put on focusing on the timing and rhythm of your shot. I don't mean focusing on the meter, personally I turned it off. Focus on the release point of a jumpshot animation that you find is best for you. Also, pay attention to the vibration of the controller as a sort of guide on when the shot needs to be released. Practice with your new releases and try to find somethin on your player during the shooting animation that can give you a signal that it's time to let go of the joystick. Maybe the feet come together at that point, or the elbow starts to straighten at a certain point, something that can be a visual tell for you.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I’ll give that a try and turn my shot meter off. With the timing though , it seems like it’s too focus on getting the “perfect “ release instead of factoring in the type of shot

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »