Home

Are you guys seeing cross matching eg Kawhi guarding best perimeter player

This is a discussion on Are you guys seeing cross matching eg Kawhi guarding best perimeter player within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2017, 02:45 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are you guys seeing cross matching eg Kawhi guarding best perimeter player

I saw some wacky stuff in MyLeague, Cavs (me) vs Bucks. This was the lineup for each position on the floor at one point in the 2nd quarter:

PG: Shumpert - Dellavedova
SG: Smith - Snell
SF: Korver - Middleton
PF: Crowder - Teletovic
C: Love - Monroe

For some reason, the Bucks put Monroe on Korver, Teletovic on Love, and Middleton on Crowder. And not just for one or two possessions. This was for the entirety of the time these lineups were on the floor together.

I also had one point in the 4th where I put Calderon in at point, and ACE had him defending Greg Monroe, while Love (playing center) was on Teletovic (PF). I think maybe Kevin Love at center is confusing the engine. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Old 10-09-2017, 08:11 AM   #10
Just started!

filipiraten's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
I saw some wacky stuff in MyLeague, Cavs (me) vs Bucks. This was the lineup for each position on the floor at one point in the 2nd quarter:

PG: Shumpert - Dellavedova
SG: Smith - Snell
SF: Korver - Middleton
PF: Crowder - Teletovic
C: Love - Monroe

For some reason, the Bucks put Monroe on Korver, Teletovic on Love, and Middleton on Crowder. And not just for one or two possessions. This was for the entirety of the time these lineups were on the floor together.

I also had one point in the 4th where I put Calderon in at point, and ACE had him defending Greg Monroe, while Love (playing center) was on Teletovic (PF). I think maybe Kevin Love at center is confusing the engine. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Probably the matchup glitch that happens after breaks during the game. You have to adjust the matchups yourself in the pause menu.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:16 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Thought of this thread yesterday....In my online game Gary Payton was put on Michael Jordan right from the tip off...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #12
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Still kind of sucks that Kawhi’s defensive stopper gold won’t affect point guards.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:50 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
Im only playing quick games at the moment. I want to wait a bit before starting ML.

But I have noticed that there isn't as much cross matching compared to what I saw last year. For example, if you put Lebron at PG, Parker will guard him and not Kawhi or Green.

Does this happen in ML/MyCareer? maybe its connected to the upcoming ACE update?
I haven't seen this much. I have seen a defensive assignment switch once a player gets hot, but that's about it. Something is a bit off about the resistance provided with on the ball defense to me though; in many cases, superior on the ball defenders feel easier to get by than other guys, and it already feels generally too easy to just run past the AI in a one on one situation without dribble moves. I'd like to feel the difference of having a lock-down defender guarding you more.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 PM   #14
MVP

Is it possible that the AI won't cross match during Play Now games offline? I've been playing Play Now to test my roster edits, and I haven't seen one cross matchup yet, but people are saying they're seeing them in MyLeague and whatnot.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:21 PM   #15
Rookie

Funny I come across this thread as I just noticed today. I am a PG in mycareer for the clippers. Weve played the spurs twice now and either Kawhi or Danny Green guards me whenever theyre in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2017, 10:22 AM   #16
Pro

Has any of this been fixed? Especially for MyGM? I know I can manually change it myself for my team, but should i be playing with ACE on now? Or does the game still play better with it off?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »