Home

No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

This is a discussion on No game testing, I've been saying it for years. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: No game testing, I've been saying it for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swac07
?????

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
It is and it isn't. The game has been marketed as a road to 99, with things like VC modifier hidden behind ranking up. A competition implies that there is a winner and a loser, but in 2k18 it's more of a challenge.

Personally, I think it's a way by 2k to try and keep interest in their game right through the whole year; however this is a flawed approach, because it's gameplay and fun that dictate these things, not reaching an arbitrary in- game goal. A few guys are treating it as a competition because they want to launch YT channels/careers from it.

One of the things that no one ever said about 2k17, is that the grind just wasn't enough for them, so 2k took this onboard and provided that grind on steroid levels that LBJ would baulk at. I actually like that the practices are meaningful this year, but in my experience, no one enjoys the grind once the initial "kid with a new toy" feeling wears off and the realisation hits exactly how much you need to play this game to obtain the perks we all want to obtain. Players want to get their players to a level, and play on park, career, or pro-am.

The gameplay not long after release was great, but this isn't the same game now. Once I get a player to a certain level, I want to move on and try different builds, but the prohibitive badge requirements and grind have taken this off the table for me. Once I get bored this year, I'm out.

I'm still enjoying the game, but less and less as each patch arrives, and week goes by.

The emphasis on VC this year has been painfully bad. I didn't pre-order this year for the first time in a while, and I genuinely think it would go a long way if 2k gave everyone who did 250k vc, then a sliding scale downwards depending on when you installed it.

I can live with the problems in the game up to a point, because every game has them, but patch upon patch upon patches, then patches to correct the errors of previous patches is just too insane, and shows how delicately the game is fine tuned, because tweaking some things can cause shoes to disappear as an example.

I wish they'd just leave the game alone when it's good. deal with the zig-zag issue for 2k19, because when they bring out a fix for that in a couple of months, it's going to affect playmakers on top of zig-zagging sharps. everyone will get the hit.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:35 AM   #34
Pro

Fakename22's Arena

OVR: 4

The problem is they are doing too much this game plays so different cross so many modes. Even looking at all the threads I think what mode it is should be in parenthesis because in other modes some things are reversed.

2K needs to separate the games. They need to make NBA 2k19 which includes the PNO, Myteam , Myleague, Mygm, My Career(NO VC) etc then make a separate disc for My Neighborhood 2k19 which would include, park, playground, pro am, training, my career (WITH VC).

BOOM.
Old 10-17-2017, 01:55 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

We Are The Testers. We pay them for the privilege to do so. You can't even dispute this and that has me shaking my head.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 03:51 PM   #36
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

I'm glad Smoove talked about the avalanche of ads in this game. I know that when I'm munching down on a filling bag of the RUFFLES® FLAMIN' HOT™chips and the MTN DEW® tournament isn't working I go too hard in pro am and the GATORADE® icon pops up. Sometimes, I get so frustrated I'll take a break and eat a bowl of scrumptious REESE'S PUFFS™ and wash it done with either a nice cool glass of SPRITE® or a refreshing PEPSI®.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:47 PM   #37
Banned

It really is bad. Even if they let us test the game for a few days, that'll fix lots of problems. You will never have a perfect game right away and the community understands that, but when everything has issues, it's unbearable. However, I personally think MLB the Show is worse from a customer service and amount of patches standpoint.
Old 10-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisdom less13
People need to stop acting entitled to a fully functional game from jump.
Wait what? People are entitled to a fully functional game the moment they plunk down 60 dollars for the game.

The fact that we deal with and accept patches to fix promised functionality is a favor we extend to developers, not the other way around.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #39
Banned

sold the game

real NBA > 2k

I'm not sure I'm going to buy 2k again until a new system comes out

2k is either milking the people way too hard or has maxed out on current gen systems

not enough improvements in the past few years for me to keep buying & playing.

somone 2k fan is gonna quote me with a paragraph full which I wont bother reading but I've been a faithful 2k buyer every year since 2k5 & I can't help but feel this way after a few weeks of playing

___

I keep seeing people using the word "entitled" but it's not like we aren't paying almost $90 (that what it comes to in Canada after taxes)

it's funny because ANY OTHER thing you can purchase, whether it's something thats 10,000 dollars or 5, you are "ENTITLED" to a fully functioning product.

FOH 2K, like I said, I'm done for now, until Live forces 2k to compete which may be next year or two, or maybe they have maxed out on this generation of consoles, so I can wait until new systems come out.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:06 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k

One of the things that no one ever said about 2k17, is that the grind just wasn't enough for them,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyslexicphish
I'm glad Smoove talked about the avalanche of ads in this game. I know that when I'm munching down on a filling bag of the RUFFLES® FLAMIN' HOT™chips and the MTN DEW® tournament isn't working I go too hard in pro am and the GATORADE® icon pops up. Sometimes, I get so frustrated I'll take a break and eat a bowl of scrumptious REESE'S PUFFS™ and wash it done with either a nice cool glass of SPRITE® or a refreshing PEPSI®.
haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusgrant
sold the game

real NBA > 2k
Yea, I wasn't gonna watch NBA this year cuz of the jersey ads, but they aren't really that big of a deal. However, it's like, "Opening night, yeah boye..." then five minutes later dude snaps his leg. Haha. I thought dude hit his back and then Harlan was like HAYWARD HAS BROKEN HIS LEG, and I barely glimpsed it before changing the channel. What a buzzkill.

I dunno why 2k can't just implement a mode where there are set archetypes with set heights, and you start with some, they rotate some free, and you can buy others... and even put a level requirement for some of the cooler ones, even add in some nba legends at the very top, if you wish. Then lock it by position so that you have to have 1-5, you can't run 2 cs, etc. Or there might be some 'tweeners' to spice it up.

Then they can balance it, they can say 'lowered slashing playmaker's 3 point shot...' or whatever, and it would be uniform.

These MyFantasy modes are interesting, and while creating your own likeness in different heights and builds might be fun... having a pack of dudes you can switch around when in the park or in pro am would be more fun.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »