Home

I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success")

This is a discussion on I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success") within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 06:31 AM   #57
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success"

Has anyone tested it online? I had no issues with layups and i don't play online so it doesn't bother me unless layups are easier across the board. Thanks in advance
Old 10-18-2017, 07:24 AM   #58
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Re: I guess there's another update coming later today ("slight buff to layup success"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The notion that 2K reacts to the whims of YouTubers seems a bit fanciful to me. It's much more likely these decisions are backed by data/analytics (surely).
You sure 2k makes their decisions backed by data/analytics...? They cant even save controller settings correctly...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-18-2017, 08:17 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
So more green releases and better layup success.

Please.

As if the offense needs any more help. The whiners on Twitter consistently ruin this game.
They are just putting it back to how it was (greens). They stealth nerfed most of the jumpers to cut the green window in half.

I'm prepared to call 2K straight up liars. I feel that is fair due to the proof and facts of 2K saying they didn't mess with shooting, then they post they are going to put it back how it was. If they didn't change it what are they going "back" to?

All they have to do is list whats in the updates. But they don't. My theory is they want to see if what they "fixed" is actually fixed before they say it is. They want to nerf stuff without their "Community Manager" talking to the community. They don't want to publicize how broken it is/was, what glitches, etc were/are in game.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:01 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 3

Timing layups is a skill. And just like in 17 when people couldn't get instant gratification it gets changed. All they had to do was bring the meter back so people could have a tool to use to get better.
Old 10-18-2017, 09:51 AM   #61
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsGameOverKM
They are just putting it back to how it was (greens). They stealth nerfed most of the jumpers to cut the green window in half.

I'm prepared to call 2K straight up liars. I feel that is fair due to the proof and facts of 2K saying they didn't mess with shooting, then they post they are going to put it back how it was. If they didn't change it what are they going "back" to?

All they have to do is list whats in the updates. But they don't. My theory is they want to see if what they "fixed" is actually fixed before they say it is. They want to nerf stuff without their "Community Manager" talking to the community. They don't want to publicize how broken it is/was, what glitches, etc were/are in game.
This might be placebo, since I played only "three" game after the update. I was playing against '11 Chicago Bulls user in PNO last night. I played two other games before, but my opponents quit when I jumped on them for a double digit lead in the 1st quarter. However, across all 3 games, I noticed that was shooting better on open shots than I was for the past week. Watson, Hill, and PG24 were back to being viable options on the kickouts and coming off screens.

In the same game, my opponent kept attacking the paint with Derrick Rose, and would change his shot EVERY time in mid-air. He ended up shooting like 80% on these stupid shots, and I couldn't block the shots to save my life due to mid-air changeup animations. This could be an absolute outliner, because Rose does have the HOF Acrobat, Gold Relentless Finisher, and the badge where he can hit difficult shots. Plus, he has a 95 Layup Rating...however, it was soooo suspect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #62
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Was this like a ps4 download update ??

Or the spinning basketball at the loading screen update ?
Old 10-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #63
Rookie

The 2klab tested out the best jumpshot , i think, it was 72 % before the patch 4, then with patch went down to 47%.
After this patch thwt they said was fixed, they've tested again and is 49% lol. They're liars
Old 10-18-2017, 10:09 AM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Was this like a ps4 download update ??

Or the spinning basketball at the loading screen update ?
I got this too. Dont know what it is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »