Home

What happens when you take SIM basketball onto PRO AM ? Check out my results so far

This is a discussion on What happens when you take SIM basketball onto PRO AM ? Check out my results so far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2018, 07:29 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: What happens when you take SIM basketball onto PRO AM ? Check out my results so f

Quote:
Enjoying the stream . Shame those guys abused the snatchback in game 2. Sam gotta stop those PGs from getting 25+ lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Was watching a german stream yesterday where the game was close at the end and the opponent won because the pg was isod the last 2 possessions and did nothing than hipriding into to paint for the snatchback and easy bucket. i hate that move meanwhile...
Welcome to 2K18 Pro Am, where using an animation exploit (hip ride + snatchback) in a 1-on-1 isolation situation is more effective at consistently generating open shots than any multiman offensive scheme that you could possibly think up.

People on twitter, youtube, facebook, and OS have been begging 2K to address that particular animation exploit since the game's opening weeks, yet here we are, 4 months and 8 patches into the lifespan of 2K18, and not only is that move still in the game, but its abuse has become so widespread that it's usually most Pro Am teams' entire offensive gameplan.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #18
Pro

itchyroll_51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What happens when you take SIM basketball onto PRO AM ? Check out my results so f

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Welcome to 2K18 Pro Am, where using an animation exploit (hip ride + snatchback) in a 1-on-1 isolation situation is more effective at consistently generating open shots than any multiman offensive scheme that you could possibly think up.

People on twitter, youtube, facebook, and OS have been begging 2K to address that particular animation exploit since the game's opening weeks, yet here we are, 4 months and 8 patches into the lifespan of 2K18, and not only is that move still in the game, but its abuse has become so widespread that it's usually most Pro Am teams' entire offensive gameplan.
I agree with you. I know exactly how to do that move, but in my streams you can see, even tho our team went 1-1 over two games vs Elite comp Pro Am teams, we didn't 5 out once or did a single snatch back. I wanted to see what 5 user basketball would be like on 2K league and I think what we do is what the NBA wants. And even in this crazy 2k18 pro am world we were able to beat a 53-4 team doing zero 5 outs and snatch backs. The game can allow good basketball play, just badges and a few animations need to be removed. I have enjoyed this experiment so far even tho my guy is rated 84 with barely any badges (I essentially have a 2K league avatar LOL) ....

Regards,

Sam
Old 01-12-2018, 01:33 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51
2K can be frustrating because usually it involves 8 AI players and 2 users on separate squads. PRO AM on the other hand involves 10 users competing against each other, you would think this is the best set up for Sim Ball. However; the common reality on PRO AM is 5 out iso. This isn't caused by the the game don't let you run plays on PRO AM, in reality is because majority of PRO AM users don't know how to develop an offensive system for 5 humans. I decided to join the community and break that norm, the following is footage and highlights of my early development of a 5 human intricate pro am offence (let me know how you feel about this):

The system is still in early development stages, but so far so good. So if you want to play SIM pro am, leave your PSN tag and arch I will hit you up.

Regards,

Sam

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ay-pro-am.html

I made a similar post the other day so I'd definitely be interested in linking up. My PSN is nWoElRey and I currently have a 90 OVR SF with Shot Creating Primary and Slashing Secondary and a 88 OVR PG with Playmaking Primary and Shot Creating Secondary. I could even help you out with constructing the offense because I have some set plays in mind that I think could work out.

Last edited by elrey1592; 01-12-2018 at 01:44 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »