Home

NBA 2k League Combine Details Revealed, Teams Will Have 6 Players

This is a discussion on NBA 2k League Combine Details Revealed, Teams Will Have 6 Players within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #17
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2k League Combine Details Revealed, Teams Will Have 6 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I'm also curious as to what extra data they use to pick people.

And by forcing people to play with randoms, just makes for really awkward ball.
I like some parts of the random matchmaking and see the value in it but yah there are also immediate challenges that come with it.

You can try searching at the same time with buddies in hopes of matching with them.

One thing is your opportunities. You guess 40 different samples of randoms. Some teams might play thru the PG for 3s using high ball screens, others might use more of a drive and kick flow. It will continue to vary but I imagine you will see some consistency in outcomes too due to the limitation on builds. Players will eventually gravitate to the most effective builds at their position to run the most effective offense.

In the end, there seems to be a lot left to chance here regarding how much control you have over truly showcasing your talents.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Old 01-26-2018, 07:43 PM   #18
Pro

TheDuggler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
longpost
Can you tell me where you are finding this information from? I see nothing from 2K on which archetypes will be available
Old 01-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuggler
Can you tell me where you are finding this information from? I see nothing from 2K on which archetypes will be available
https://nba.2k.com/2kleague/blog/int...eague-combine/
Old 01-26-2018, 11:24 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
on one hand, re: number of archetypes, they have to start somewhere for balance sake. Leeg didn't start out with as many as they have now. I imagine some was 'most used' but some were probably also due to known exploits/cheese/imbalance. They probably don't want the game to be the same thing over and over.

I'd hope they would add in more types if this ever became a mode. Remember, this type of a mode is what a lot of us were asking for. Maybe if it works, add in some ability to keep stats (W-L at least?), group with friends, and open it up to the public after the combine is over? I'd buy 2k to play a mode like that.

Also, it does make you wonder how they'll judge, but I know you dudes have probably done 'dry' try outs before. It's not really fair; they probably won't get all the best of the best, but you do have to play knowing they will be looking at your stats.

You'd think they'd want to watch some of the games of people who perform well, too. The good thing about if people stream stuff, assuming it can be accessed after the stream, they can use that to view what's actually happening, should they want to.

I know I'd never make the 2k league, even if I was good enough, because I'd be too focused on making the right pass, rebounding, and defending. haha. Guys who want to make it should just play a bit selfish, but smart. If someone is playing stupid, probably best to let them ruin their own rep and not get into anything. Pretend that they can tell the difference between good stats and stats gotten the wrong way and see what happens.

It's all for fun anyway. I can't imagine 2k league is paying more than a meh job, and it sounds like it would actually suck as a lifestyle. It'd be fun to say you made it, tho.

-Smak
Old 01-27-2018, 12:05 AM   #21
MVP

ph33's Arena

NBA 2k League Combine Details Revealed, Teams Will Have 6 Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
One thing is your opportunities. You guess 40 different samples of randoms. Some teams might play thru the PG for 3s using high ball screens, others might use more of a drive and kick flow. It will continue to vary but I imagine you will see some consistency in outcomes too due to the limitation on builds. Players will eventually gravitate to the most effective builds at their position to run the most effective offense.

In the end, there seems to be a lot left to chance here regarding how much control you have over truly showcasing your talents.

I think this will be one giant selfish showcase.
The people who REALLY want to do this will come up with all the reasons they should get the ball more. Reminds me of this guy I ran all star team up with years ago. In one game it was "Hey! I'm the black mamba! Feed me the ball!" And the next game "Yall gotta feed the big man down low!" this guy was talking like he was the only one with a good player.

I've already seen some people tweeting highlights at these teams saying stuff like "I'm the best look at this video" these dudes sound like people I wouldn't want to work with at all.

There's a lot of good players out there. I find it comical when someone acts like they invented the damn game. Most of those highlights are against bad defense anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
It's all for fun anyway. I can't imagine 2k league is paying more than a meh job, and it sounds like it would actually suck as a lifestyle. It'd be fun to say you made it, tho.

-Smak

This. I'm confused why any grown adult with a job would want to do this, or even if you're currently in college. There's no guarantee that this league will last and you'd have to completely overhaul your life and move and work with a bunch of people who you've never met. But oh well, those are just my sensibilities.

Last edited by ph33; 01-27-2018 at 12:09 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2018, 05:20 AM   #22
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Kinda wish I could have got my 50 games in just so I could have gave this mode a try, whether I had a chance or not. Almost all of my normal squad have stopped playing so I was always having to run with people that I don't usually play with, or that I'm not comfortable playing with.. 30 wins away on PS4
Old 02-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #23
Pro

As a pc player, i feel neglected once again

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 09:45 AM   #24
MVP

With the time blocks the way they are they are gonna miss out on the chance to see a lot of great players

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »