Home

Get rid of archetypes and go to an unrestricted upgrade system?

This is a discussion on Get rid of archetypes and go to an unrestricted upgrade system? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #17
Banned

Housh123's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Get rid of archetypes and go to an unrestricted upgrade system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I didn't mind the grand badge or the HOF badges. I just didn't think they were on equal footing for gameplay. When sharps got their Grand badge going they were unstoppable. When my slasher got his Grand badge, I wasn't any better then I was before.

I just feel like ratings don't matter much this year and it's the worst 3pt contest we've ever had.

A 99 dunk rating should be more fearsome than a 99 3 ball. At BEST, WIDE OPEN, a 3 ball should have a 60% chance to go in with all HOF badges. That's crazy percentage anyways as NO ONE in the NBA shoots that crazy wide open.

A 99 dunk should have a 99.9% chance to go in without coverage and that should be reflected in this game.

But when I miss wide open dunks in transition (it's happened once, which is too many) that lets you know this game is jacked .

It's a higher percentage to take 3s from half court than it is for elite finishers to finish in traffic.

That's wrong. Shots AT THE RIM should be more valuable than any other shot in the game, and that's not the case.

Fundamentally, this game is backwards.

The game being so unbalanced is why I say screw it and go back to unrestricted.

Id rather see centers with say 99 speed and 99 3 but have no defense or rebounding or not be able to dribble, than see stretch 5s over here dribbling, blocking ppl and doing everything.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:41 PM   #18
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
The game being so unbalanced is why I say screw it and go back to unrestricted.

Id rather see centers with say 99 speed and 99 3 but have no defense or rebounding or not be able to dribble, than see stretch 5s over here dribbling, blocking ppl and doing everything.
If a stretch had 99 3 ball and 99 speed we'd be playing 2k15 again. No thanks.
Old 04-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
If a stretch had 99 3 ball and 99 speed we'd be playing 2k15 again. No thanks.
In 2k15, centers didn't have 99's in either shooting or speed. 2k15 however, was infinitely more fun than the last 2 releases of the game.

It was actually a glitch that created 7'2's with PG attributes.
2k could have solved this easily through bans, but instead they turned it into an opportunity to make more money.

Last edited by Yesh2kdone; 04-20-2018 at 07:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

The main thing is more creativity with how I create my player. Where there should be restrictions, but I want to create the player I want. Where restrictions should mainly be physical, but skill ratings shouldn't. Same with Badges.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:09 PM   #21
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

They should use FIFA's system where you get your overall up by completing online games. But you can switch your position, physicals, badges, all that stuff. That way you can ENJOY the game. I can be a PG one game then a C the next, and experience the freaking game instead of being locked to one archetype and one position. That way the game is balanced because the overalls will never be too different, and people can experiment with different builds to find what works for them. And the game would be less stale. I'm tired of being a PG but will never grind a second character so I'm stuck.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2018, 01:34 PM   #22
Rookie

MDSavageBeast's Arena

Yeah the grind to play different players and different positions is so absurd.

I'm an off the ball player by nature, but I literally had to make a PG this year because I got fed up with PGs in Park and Walk-On. I shouldn't have to commit endless hours of gaming just to have a 84/85 overall PG. But this game is marketed towards kids, YouTubers, and streamers who play the game full time and thus have more time to commit to it. It's reasons like this as to why I'm iffy about getting 2K next year. I was thinking about Live next year but I'm iffy on that as well lol.
Old 04-20-2018, 06:50 PM   #23
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

I’m all for this. Sadly, I think unrestricted upgrading is gone.

The big concern is in online play. People don’t want to be demolished by Centers with 99 speed in Park or Pro-Am. Until 2K strays away from online play and offers a 2K experience similar to 2K13/14, then we’re not gonna see it.

But yeah, I think I should be able to create a quick center with a 3 if I wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #24
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
They should use FIFA's system where you get your overall up by completing online games. But you can switch your position, physicals, badges, all that stuff. That way you can ENJOY the game. I can be a PG one game then a C the next, and experience the freaking game instead of being locked to one archetype and one position. That way the game is balanced because the overalls will never be too different, and people can experiment with different builds to find what works for them. And the game would be less stale. I'm tired of being a PG but will never grind a second character so I'm stuck.
It's a good idea but it won't work....unless you're able to adjust height so that you can try out as a center. Besides if 2k were to do this they won't make any money. There are guys here who literally have more than one myplayer. Personally I go brain dead just trying to grind some of these badges. I will stick to one guy get the badges and get to 90 and call it a day lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »