Home

What happened to backdoor cuts?

This is a discussion on What happened to backdoor cuts? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: What happened to backdoor cuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
If it wasn't in the game people would be upset that backdoor cuts are unstoppable again.
I would sooner the ball be deflected more frequently with passes into the paint in traffic than goofy, no context fumble animations. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a guy sitting behind me under the basket while I’m facing the passer and he throws the pass over my shoulder while my guy doesn’t even react. The worst part is the game punishes the recipient instead of the passer on the actual bad passes. The weird thing is AI players are way better at deflecting or intercepting bad interior passes. It’s humans who need some tweaking.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Most of these are to balance the game unfortunately.
i think it's more of an attempt to reduce online cheese, and it in turn affects the game as a whole.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:19 PM   #19
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
If it wasn't in the game people would be upset that backdoor cuts are unstoppable again.
Last game in 2k17 they were pretty effective and i didnt see to many complaints, this year though its like the guy cutting has to be on a runway like path with no defender within 5 feet in any direction for the pass to be completed and potentially finish.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:19 AM   #20
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Last game in 2k17 they were pretty effective and i didnt see to many complaints, this year though its like the guy cutting has to be on a runway like path with no defender within 5 feet in any direction for the pass to be completed and potentially finish.
If you're not trying to cross half court and throw it out of bounds.

We can make full court passes on just about any character, but if I'm trying to pass near the half court line it's straight to the crowd.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:03 AM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I would sooner the ball be deflected more frequently with passes into the paint in traffic than goofy, no context fumble animations. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had a guy sitting behind me under the basket while I’m facing the passer and he throws the pass over my shoulder while my guy doesn’t even react. The worst part is the game punishes the recipient instead of the passer on the actual bad passes. The weird thing is AI players are way better at deflecting or intercepting bad interior passes. It’s humans who need some tweaking.
I think this is so true. Human do need tweaking... But when you have a win at all cost mind set. Yeah these kind of things are going to happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2018, 11:22 AM   #22
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I agree the visual cues aren't perfect. But they usually happen when a defender is in the area. Or doing that running grabbing animation (deny thing). It's a balancing act.
I agree with you Jeebs. However, I am a 90% offline player on HOF and it does need improvement.

Is it a good balancing act comparing to excessive cheesy passes from yesteryears, but would you agree it still can improve?

My biggest frustration is the CPU can throw some dam 3/4 full court passes in stride to their PF or C for a dunk 2-5 times a game. I can almost sense when they are going to go for it, and the only resolution is bringing my SG or SF in to tip/steal it, or time it perfectly and blocking it from behind. Usually it’s an and 1 for the CPU though and if feels really cheap.
Old 05-10-2018, 07:16 PM   #23
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I think this is so true. Human do need tweaking... But when you have a win at all cost mind set. Yeah these kind of things are going to happen.
Are you saying that the CPU stealing abilities are right? they can steal without looking at the passer and deflect countless passes, and as far as humans not being able to steal passes, its because online has a delay, and you constantly have to click the steal button to potentially get a tip or steal, and sometimes it puts you in bad animations if you miss a steal, the computer doesnt have to deal with any of that, they're just programmed to auto steal if they're in the path of any pass.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Are you saying that the CPU stealing abilities are right? they can steal without looking at the passer and deflect countless passes, and as far as humans not being able to steal passes, its because online has a delay, and you constantly have to click the steal button to potentially get a tip or steal, and sometimes it puts you in bad animations if you miss a steal, the computer doesnt have to deal with any of that, they're just programmed to auto steal if they're in the path of any pass.
Yeah this is kinda what I’m getting at. Rare times, usually on long lob passes, my toon while auto steal the ball if I’m facing the passes and in good position. I wish it happened more frequently on shorter passes like from the perimeter into the paint if you’re in good position, even if it was just deflections. Like you said, actually pressing square in these scenarios while the ball is in the air is super difficult with any kind of lag. You pretty much have to predict the pass rather than react to it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »