Home

Why Archetypes Are Making My Player/Park Stale And The Changes Needed For Its Revival

This is a discussion on Why Archetypes Are Making My Player/Park Stale And The Changes Needed For Its Revival within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2018, 11:18 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Why Archetypes Are Making My Player/Park Stale And The Changes Needed For Its Rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...7&postcount=40

This was my post in another thread on the same subject from a few days ago. Personally, I'd like unrestricted builds like 2k15, but feel this could be a workable compromise. Unfortunately, 2k19 is already in process and i have no doubt archetypes are coming back again.

The game is stale now, really stale, and with so many other flaws in gameplay mechanics, if they keep on with this heavy grind, limited builds then people will walk away because gaming should first and foremost be fun, not a chore.
You used less words to explain exactly what I'm trying to say. I didn't even buy 2k18 this year, I play this game sometimes over a friends house n I will not be buying 2k18 period.

If they come with the same thing 2k19 the game will get stale even quicker then this year. The overpowered builds will continue to be sharpshooters n stretch bigs especially if they still have HOF badges.

I agree 2k15 was fun bc of the freedom to be effective in different ways. The ONLY problem with 2k15 was shooting percentage on contested shots bc you could actually clamp up more on defense bc of the freedom to up your lateral quickness with no restrictions. I just feel less engaged in 2k18. You're pretty much just a one dimensional role player for the most part.

Even if the game is different if ppl even play the same way bc the game allows it and in some ways even encourages it, then when ppl get tired of the new animations its over. Plus players choose the same animations smh. I'm getting bored thinking about it.

Last edited by DatGD12guage; 05-06-2018 at 11:23 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »