Home

NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Edition

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Edition within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2018, 06:51 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Editio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
No. The people paying for it are doing and getting exactly what they want. 2K, like any business, is just accommodating it. There is no "good guy" or "bad guy" here. Why shame people for spending their money how they want?

because someone buying this for the four day early release has terrible impulse control. i mean, how bad do you have to be to pay an extra forty bucks for something you can have four days later. i just think it'd absolutely ridiculous unless you're a teenager. even if i were a millionaire i still wouldn't do it just for the principle.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #74
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K19 - Playing Four Days Early Only Achievable From $99.99 Anniversary Editio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclazaris84
because someone buying this for the four day early release has terrible impulse control. i mean, how bad do you have to be to pay an extra forty bucks for something you can have four days later. i just think it'd absolutely ridiculous unless you're a teenager. even if i were a millionaire i still wouldn't do it just for the principle.
I’m not going to judge others but I’ve always had the following impression.

I think it’s a combination of various factors. One, impulse control along with the brand new smell. Two, a reflection of the previous title. If a sports title can’t hold my interest until the next iteration is officially released, that says a lot about the quality of that game. A great game should be able to hold me over.

I stopped playing 2k18 after a few weeks (too easy on HOF, CPU defense was lacking), and then intermittently only a few more times over the past year. I have no intention on getting 2k19 until transition and pick/roll defense improves, dare I say fixed. 2k18 could very well be my last 2k basketball game. They said the focus for 2k19 was defense; I’ll see if it lives up to that.

I’ll wait for real video evidence; written reviews are cheap. I don’t trust written reviews anymore. Show me it’s been fixed.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 07-06-2018, 07:55 AM   #75
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Are you hisTherapist? Man, dudes in this thread trying to regulate people's wallets and point out character flaws. Is this 2k or Dr. Phil? Lol!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2018, 08:02 AM   #76
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Then I think its clear the value isnt there for you. And probably most people. But the value or want, for some, is such that theyll jump on it. If you want something, buy it. It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it. I don't pass judgments on how people spend their money or on what they spend it on. Lord knows I have my "stupid splurge" money pits.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #77
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Lol 100 bucks is nothing. The most I paid for getting nba2k a week earlier was about 100 bucks as well. This was 2k12 or 2k13....not sure anymore. Plenty of people were coping it for 200 to 300 on ebay.

I gotta be honest I would pay 100+ if this versions street date were broken. Can't beat that feeling of getting it even earlier lol

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #78

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelhawj
i don't mind paying 100 on this game due to 4 days early access because i want play My League with rebuilding team i choose.. My League is best mode ever i playing
But heres the thing, your not actually getting it 4 days early. This 4 days early thing is a marketing gimmick. September 7th is the release date, they have just decided to hold the standard version back 4 days. Why do you think Live 19 releases the 7th as well ? Its because thats the date the NBA gave both companies for release. They are charging you an extra $40 to get the game the same date you would have always gotten it. I dont have an issue with anyone spending their money how they want, I have an issue with 2K using shady tactics to get an extra $40 out of everyone. Last year you could get the standard version the same day as the more expensive versions.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:01 AM   #79
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I understand peoples concern over this but really what company doesn't cut corners or exploit ways to get more money out of the consumer? I know 2k looks like they are all about the money lately and hell any of us would be if we got the same results in years prior, but the real frustration comes in when you have an issue with a company but you still support that company by buying their product whether its the standard of the special edition if you buy it you are supporting the company you have an issue with, changes only come when money stops flowing in.
Old 07-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #80
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

I see no problem with this, If you want it early you pay extra. I understand years past but with time things change. This is an option like everything else in life. Just like when you go to a car dealership they have different models and different price ranges.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »