Home

NBA 2K19 Gameplay Footage (CashNastyGaming)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Gameplay Footage (CashNastyGaming) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2018, 10:45 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 Gameplay Footage (CashNastyGaming)

Definitely is the same game as 2k18 visually with minor tweaks. But, I'm gonna wait to see actual gameplay footage and to play myself before I jump to conclusions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-21-2018, 11:05 AM   #34
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Things I have learned and resigned myself to accept over the years:

Believe nothing 2k's marketing people say about the game, especially leading up to launch.

Pre release gameplay vids will not tell you how the game plays, only how it looks.

Invited pre release youtubers mostly don't know how to evaluate the game, are picked by 2k to provide friendly hype, and play a version of the game that is very different from the game that will be released.

Dev blogs later in the pre release cycle give you a better idea at least of what the team has attempted to build. But the only reliable information about how well they achieve it will come during the first three to four weeks after the game is released.

The Prelude version of the game is designed to suck you in and the game once released will not play the way the Prelude does.

Day One patch will include a lot of last minute fixes.

During the first week after release, some people will proclaim the game to be the best version ever and others will call out "game breaking" flaws. A few of those flaws will be legit problems.

2K will listen to the first week of feedback, overreact to casuals feedback on things to fix and try to figure out how to address some bigger issues in patches 3 and 4 and 5. The feedback they won't overreact to will be the feedback about how VC is still too pervasively needed in the game and 2k will mostly pretend not to hear that.

By patch 2 in early October, we'll have a better sense of what the game is and will be. People who buy and play the game before that are functioning as stage 2 beta testers.

The development cycle will ultimately show that the priorities tried to include some of the sim things Czar and OG want to put into the game but, while they will never say it, a lot of what they would like to do is held back by gameplay project leads who don't believe the full on sim stuff is ultimately good for business.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 07-21-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #35
All Star

turty11's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
project leads who don't believe the full on sim stuff is ultimately good for business.

this is the overwhelming problem with 2k and is part of the reason the game revolves around VC.

All this being said, including my previous post, and I will continue to buy 2k every year until they do something so repulsive I cant support the company anymore due to my love of basketball and need of even a promising career mode because madden cant give me that, i cant do live, its just too far behind, and MLB gets boring to me because i can only swing a bat or throw a pitch so many times (never played fifa so i dont know about that, and i buy NHL + 2k)

Last edited by turty11; 07-21-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2018, 11:11 AM   #36
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
Things I have learned and resigned myself to accept over the years:

Believe nothing 2k's marketing people say about the game, especially leading up to launch.

Pre release gameplay vids will not tell you how the game plays, only how it looks.

Invited pre release youtubers mostly don't know how to evaluate the game, are picked by 2k to provide friendly hype, and play a version of the game that is very different from the game that will be released.

Dev blogs later in the pre release cycle give you a better idea at least of what the team has attempted to build. But the only reliable information about how well they achieve it will come during the first three to four weeks after the game is released.

The Prelude version of the game is designed to suck you in and the game once released will not play the way the Prelude does.

Day One patch will include a lot of last minute fixes.

During the first week after release, some people will proclaim the game to be the best version ever and others will call out "game breaking" flaws. A few of those flaws will be legit problems.

2K will listen to the first week of feedback, overreact to casuals feedback on things to fix and try to figure out how to address some bigger issues in patches 3 and 4 and 5. The feedback they won't overreact to will be the feedback about how VC is still too pervasively needed in the game and 2k will mostly pretend not to hear that.

By patch 2 in early October, we'll have a better sense of what the game is and will be. People who buy and play the game before that are functioning as stage 2 beta testers.

The development cycle will ultimately show that the priorities tried to include some of the sim things Czar and OG want to put into the game but, while they will never say it, a lot of what they would like to do is held back by gameplay project leads who don't believe the full on sim stuff is ultimately good for business.
I was with you up until the last paragraph, lol.

To be fair, I think they did a much better job of leaving the "core" of the 2K18 alone when compared to previous titles. I hope the trend continues so that it limits the number of patches needed overall.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #37
Pro

Fastbreak at 8:40 Demarcus cousins follows Kuz close to thd rim but starts turning. Someone exposed fastbreak defense as players running to programmed spots before looking for their man. I've noticed in 2k18 the designated spots seem to be any where under the free throw line. He turns around much closer to the rim here but would be better if he was fixing to comtest or atleast looking at the guy with the ball at the rim infront of him
Old 07-21-2018, 02:08 PM   #38
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

At the very least, it looks like you don't just auto blow by defenders anymore and contested layups are actually hard to hit because they rely on timing now (not solely badges and rating).
Old 07-21-2018, 02:24 PM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
At the very least, it looks like you don't just auto blow by defenders anymore and contested layups are actually hard to hit because they rely on timing now (not solely badges and rating).
Which can make a world of difference in the bigger picture. If blow bys are gone, or defensable with a lockdown, that changes the landscape of Pro-am, Park, MyTeam, and PNO.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:38 PM   #40
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »