Home

NBA 2K19 Early Gameplay Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Early Gameplay Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2018, 06:44 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
How was the transition defense Joel? Did the a.i. do a better job of matching up quicker?
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:47 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2K19 Early Gameplay Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Any improvements to fast breaks over the last 2-3 years?* CPU AI always has incredible catch up speed, ruining the enjoyment of any 2-on-1 or 3-on-2 fast break.*
I swear I felt that freedom in the open floor the first month I owned 2K18. I'm pretty sure I even came on here and raved about how real it felt to orchestrate a break with Jason Kidd.

As the months passed, a lot of that feeling went away. Now I mostly feel how you do. The defense seems to get back too easily, lanes clog, and passes are often too clunky, slow, and imprecise.

I'd actually love if bounce passes could have some zip on them from time to time. As it stands, they mostly feel appropriate for post entry passing and little else.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

I like this sound of this takeover feature. 2K has never been able to replicate the way players get hot and go cold. I wanna see dudes get so cold they could shoot 3-16 then turn around and burn the house down a few games later (Klay Thompson or Curry).

Let's just pray they don't over do it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2018, 11:06 PM   #12
Rookie

SocaWarrior13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
How was the transition defense Joel? Did the a.i. do a better job of matching up quicker?
From what I saw on transition D there were times where my team matched up properly, and there were other times where I felt my transition D was really slow and my guys weren't getting back. That being said, it was more good than bad for this

Sent from my SM-N950W using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-24-2018, 12:55 AM   #13
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

They should add a get back tendency for future 2k's or if at all possible take it a step further add a complain to refs vs get back tendency for offline players only

Hollywood & Horsehoes
Old 07-24-2018, 01:26 AM   #14
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

Welp, sounds promising as it always does in prerelease. Ill wait and see...

And for the "Less cheese": Just because you fixed last years cheese moves doesnt mean cheesing has been erased from the game. Players will find new ways to cheese...

Last edited by 3ShowTime2; 07-24-2018 at 02:30 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:36 AM   #15
Pro

respect to Mike Wang for addressing and admitting any game issues..I wish this year that Art Department do the same thing coz they are always MIA when the game releases and you have this thousand of pages for request and maybe 3 of them where answered.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #16
Rookie

longway911's Arena

OVR: 1
Good article, but does the video have to be called "Ghetto Gameplay ..."? We need to stop using this term to describe things that are lacking or less-than ideal.*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »