Home

What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this year?

This is a discussion on What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2018, 11:24 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19

6. Remove the limitless range badge: Simple, just get rid of it. If you want Curry to have it, that's fine, but nobody else needs it.

LeBron James was by far and away the best deep ball shooter last season. Shot 52% from 28+ feet (highest recorded mark in nba history) and at a high volume. Shot 64% from 30-34 feet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2018, 10:43 PM   #26
Rookie

MR.BYGMZ's Arena

Re: What are the top 5-10 things you are hoping/looking are improved/changed this yea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Something little, but I would like to have a preseason. I use it in madden to help evaluate talent that I don't play with everygame, itd be nice to try out some players and possibly add them to my team or g league

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
please add a pre season
Old 08-06-2018, 10:54 PM   #27
Rookie

MR.BYGMZ's Arena

the cpu ball handler uses sick dribble moves but the cpu defender never gets his ankles broken.

cpu ball handlers always spin into the defender instead of away from the defender during drive / spin moves
Old 08-10-2018, 11:55 AM   #28
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

I agree with most of the previous comments, so i'll offer some others that I didn't see mentioned much.

Biggest things for me

1. Game needs to better out of the box. Our memories have faded over time, but this year's game was so glitchy on launch (remember...difficulties partying up with friends, couldn't get in same lobby with pro-am team, lost characters, stuck in subway, all types of cheese)

2. Stop punishing walk-on players with terrible AI teammates. (this kills the mode for me. Through no fault of my own, i end up with 3 AI teammates and none of them can make a layup or open jumper or play defense (other than OP interception stat). Either hold servers for a full 10; make the AI players decent (but not OP)).

3. Skippable cut scenes are a must, especially for 2nd play throughs

4. More build transparency. Dumb that we hav eto wait for third parties to see max badges/attribute caps.

5. Fix lay-ups/catching the ball. They admitted they crippled them due to defensive deficiencies. Looks dumb and emersion breaking to have NBA players consistently missing easy layups and dropping easy passes.

6. Fewer dice rolls. Especially on shooting.

7. Tweak in-game rating system. (I think it's generally OK, but you often get letter grades off for dumb things. Aka. forget about playing help defense if you're trying to keep a decent score).

8. In park/pro-am, allow teams to switch up their defensive assignements. (i know in pro-am the PG can change matchups. But what if you have an AI PG or your PG is an idiot? It'd be useful to have a better system that allows you to switch assignments)

Here are some mode specific updates that i'd like to see, but not holding my breath.

My Career

1. Less grind to get a viable/playable character (let's say, shouldn't take $20 bucks/80 games to get to an 85, with an acceptable amount of badges. I don't mind the grind above 85 being steeper).

1a. Better alternatives to grind skills. I love playing offline my career. But don't want to go through a whole-season with multiple characters; and you can't bring a 60 to the park. Need rookie mode or some other way to obtain badges.

2. More build customization (plenty of ideas out there).

3. Navigation menus. Or at least let me choose spawning location on boot (load me into my friends session, park, next career game, high rise, etc...)

4. Easier to swap between myplayers (don't need to go back to main menu, and then fight to get back to the park)

5. Better team logic/give me more control (why is my coach just watching Lebron dominate Shammy and not sending help/switching the matchup. It's a little better on offense if you're the PG/have on court coach).

Others

1. On team pro-am, allow some control over AI squad mates. My squad is usually just three of us, and we're at the mercy of 2K for who our AI is. It would be great if before we match our opponent, we got to choose our AIs from a pool of default characters (75 ovr instead of 60; different archetypes, and we could choose where they're slotted).

1a. Allow us to choose our positions. (Especially in team pro-am. Yes, I may be taller than my teammate, but we still want me to run point, and have the point guard commands. Why am I not allowed to do that).

2. More customization in blacktop (choose roster/rules/scoring...also bring back snake draft)

3. Why does the big man always have to inbound the ball? (opponent scores a fast break point with only the PG back. Instead of quickly inbounding it, he waits for the big man to lumber down court and throw the ball in? Dumb.)

I have others....but i'll leave it at this for now....
Old 08-11-2018, 01:18 PM   #29
Rookie

laflame's Arena

Unless I’ve missed it I’ve love a way to play especially physical D, I see glimpses of this in the blacktop mode but defenders like Patrick Beverly and Tony Allen don’t have these animations during NBA play. Since we’ve got historical draft classes this year I’d love to build a dirty team like the Pistons of the 80s, more flagrant and altercations.

NBA 2k17-18; just to my knowledge, have implemented rivalries in the game that you can monitor based on record and intensity but it doesn’t feel like it in the game. During a regular season competition or the NBA finals the interactions remain the same. Guys talk to each other, dap one another up and even hug it out after a Finals loss. I want to see and hear (via the announcing) that teams hate each other.

Would love for guys to get into shoving matches and get ejected.
Old 08-12-2018, 11:27 PM   #30
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

I hope they work on the post and paint play, and adding better physics and collision down there, and also the sliding that happens on defense, it takes away alot of drop off finishes at the rim, the defense can just slide back into position most the time. If the sliding continues in these games, its just the beginning of this 5 out master tactic.
Old 08-13-2018, 12:50 AM   #31
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I am just wondering what are the 5 things you are hoping/looking to see improved/changed this year?

1. More non shooting fouls- There has never been enough non shooting fouls in like any basketball game ever made

2. More fouls on jump shoots- I dont think I have ever seen a foul on a 3 point shoot in 2k18 and only a few on mid range shoots to.

3. CPU to call time outs.- Last year CPU like 90% of the time would only call like 2 time outs a game and it didn't matter how the game was going. No matter if CPU was on a run them selfs or user was on a run or the game was close it didn't matter CPU just would not use time outs.

4. CPU to do a better job taking guys out who are in foul trouble. Last year if CPU had a guy with 2 fouls in first quarter or like 3 in the 2nd or 4 in the 3erd etc CPU just would not take guys out most of the time.

5. Less clipping- I love last years game but man there was a lot of clipping last year.

6. MYGM to have the same options that myleague has and to not have to like relocate. I would like to play mygm because I like being able to do things like set tick prices but not being able to change things like trade difficulty like you can in myleague sucks and really dont make any sense.

7. Also having to relocate in mygm is silly. I like being able to like talk to players and such like you cant do in myleague but dont like having to do like a predetermined store.

8. More charges being called- I didn't have a problem with the defensive side of the ball over all that much like a lot of people in fact I thought it was much worse a few years ago but being able to drawl a charge is something that needs to happen more often. In 18 I would see a charge get called like maybe once ever 10 games. Its not that you cant get into position its just most the time the game either calls nothing or calls a blocking foul instead.

I agree with all these things. I will add to what you have here.

Fixed the darn simulated stats, for example teams dont average enough PIP. Same goes for 2nd chance pts. Its been a while since I have played, but if I remember right, teams dont average enough pts off of turnovers as well.

Another thing, in ML/MyGm, good teams many times end up missing the playoffs completely. The last ML test I did in my attempt to fix the crappy simulated stats, the Cavs with Lebron only ended up a lotto team, with only 29 wins.

The entire simulation engine needs some serious adjusting. Im no nothing about making games, but it surely cant be that difficult to get realistic simulated stats. I know OOTP baseball is text sim, and not a console game, but if they can get things right with all the stats there are in baseball, surely you would think a NBA video game could. IMO, its just lack of effort, due to the catering to the online side of the game, because they make a killing due to the whole VC, that these online kids spend.

I know they say every yr, they have worked on improving generated Draft Classes, yet every yr they are crap. It would be nice if they finally got this right as well.

On top of the need for the CPU foul trouble management, and lack of calling timeouts at times being a issue, the AI trade management still needs some tweaking, although not quite as bad as it use to be.

Seems like Im forgetting 1 or 2 other things, I want to see improved, but cant think of any at the moment. But what the OP said and I added too, are the major things, that I want to see fixed.

Oh, I know 1 other thing, that needs fixed, and that the lack of nonsteal turnovers. There needs to be more non steal turnovers. Also another issue with the sim engine, is teams dont average enough turnovers, this just needs a tweak, its not to far off. Not only due team not average quite enough, individual players like Russ and Harden, who tend to be sloppy with the ball at times dont avrage enough turnovers per game.

1 more thing I remember now, your top players in free Throw attempts per game, dont average quite enough either.

OK, now Im done, cant think off hand of any more issues I want to see fixed or improved.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2018, 11:05 AM   #32
Rookie

Vic_Clancy's Arena

I'm back for more.

1. Better game management by the computer. Was recenlty playing game 7 of the NBA finals against the Cavs. Computer inexplicably sat Lebron from the majority of OT. Also, coaches are slow to make otherwise obvious adjustments. I.e. Lebron is straight dominating his matchup, switch it up or double. Especially troublesome in mycareer.

2. In mycareer, when signing a new contract, they only tell us the VC per game. Additional information would be useful. Convert the VC per game into a real dollar amount. What's a max contract?

3. Related to above, and very relevant in the current times. When signing a new contract, I need more information on what else is happening in free agency. Update me on developments between negotiation rounds. It'd be useful to my free agency decision to know that Lebron left Cleveland.

4. More informaton on my teammates in pro-am. In walk-on, they tell you the height/weight/build of your direct matchup, but nothing on the other 4 or your teammates. Leaving huge gaps in information. Line us up like you do and the park, and make 2K cards viewable from box score, at the least.

5. It'd be useful if they posted stats for each archetype; i.e. what are the most popular builds, which has the best win percentage. I know this could be a double edged sword, but could be useful for balancing. I personally like to try to win with less popular builds. Also, if 50% of the user base is running with PGs, i'd try a different build.

6. No workout gym. Useless, time wasting mechanic (not the practice gym, but the one you go to boost energy, but half of the exercises are impossible).

7. Make playing in different cities feel different. Not sure how best to explain this one, or how to pull it off, but this is something that i've always wanted more out of sports games. When I have to on the road to play in NY, i want to be more immersed. Feel like i'm going into someone else's city. Also, since we have the neighborhood, why does it stay the same all year round? If my player is on the Bucks, shouldn't there be snow on the ground in January?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »