Home

NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Trailer, Full Details & First Locker Code For NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Trailer, Full Details & First Locker Code For NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2018, 12:16 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K19 MyTEAM Trailer, Full Details & First Locker Code For NBA 2K19

I don't play MyTeam, but I really like the new UI. It seems like they redid it for MyLeague too and it just looks so much cleaner IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 12:19 PM   #26
Pro

sudanmalkovich's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
At this point I think we need to just accept that it's either an aesthetic choice by the art team or having to do with limits due to console power. Perhaps improving arena lighting would cause a detriment to frame rate or cause downgrades elsewhere.
nah, lightings in madden 19, pes 2019 all got improved. no performance loss whatsoever. they all feature more players, way bigger playgrounds and more crowds than nba2k.

don't blame consoles. sports games are not graphically demanding, that's the reason all sports games run native 4k/60fps on both ps4pro & xbone x.

2k just doesn't change the graphic. that's all.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:26 PM   #27
Rookie

Man that screenshot is disheartening.

The crowd is looking one way, photographers looking another and the players look like they're being forced to play for free or something.

I still think the game looks good graphically but I can't help feeling there's a heart and soul missing or maybe I'm just overreacting to a screenshot I honestly don't know anymore lol
Old 08-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #28
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

My goodness those purple Laker jerseys look absolutely hideous with that black bar.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:28 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudanmalkovich
nah, lightings in madden 19, pes 2019 all got improved. no performance loss whatsoever. they all feature more players, way bigger playgrounds and more crowds than nba2k.

don't blame consoles. sports games are not graphically demanding, that's the reason all sports games run native 4k/60fps on both ps4pro & xbone x.

2k just doesn't change the graphic. that's all.

Look at the lighting in this 08 Celtics arena vs the current Celtics arena ...kinda proves that it isn’t a matter of hardware limitation. They’re intentionally just going with the dark cinematic look for (stupid) aesthetic purposes..
IMG_0721.jpgIMG_0720.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Now why would they show Paul George in a lakers uniform lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 08-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #31
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Happy to see that Alonzo got a new scan finally
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2018, 12:38 PM   #32
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

I'm really excited about all of this. It sounds amazing.

Contracts are still in the game for those who missed it @ 0:30 (I've never had an issue, they basically give you contracts for free in the game)

I'm excited to get my hands on this mode, man. As long as the gameplay changes I've heard about from Devs and people who have played the game early, all of these changes are welcome additions.

I really like how many branches there seem to be in building your team. If they pull off the balancing right, this could be the most personalized MT mode to date. More variation in available players mean more differentiation in lineups. The last few years, everybody's team is pretty much the same because all of the best cards came from the same chain of events. (Wes, Penny, Love, Pistol Pete, etc) being able to build your lineup through different means, I hope fixes that issue.

The locker code change is kind of a letdown personally (because I was great at it lol) but I understand that I fell in the demographic that has an ideal situation for the previous system. I'll always advocate for fairness though, so that's a cool touch.

I found it really promising that they seem to be making System Proficiency more clear. I hope that they nail down that aspect and don't change players ratings. There should be no version of Harden, Curry, Kyrie, etc that fits into a defensive scheme.

I truly love the reward tokens system as well. It seemed like you weren't rewarded enough for just playing the game in previous years.

The Heat Check System sounds incredible. Expect me to sell my soul for that Heat Check Klay Thompson lol.

The only aspect that I find upsetting that wasn't touched on is positional limitations/penalties. I get that basketball is becoming more and more "positionless" but those have to come with penalties or you render traditional players useless. It was so disappointing how useless Stephen Curry was in 2K18 MyTeam because everyone had a juggernaut running point and he couldn't guard anyone. Out of position penalties have to be a thing.

All in all, even though it's been a little sparse, I've been loving what I'm hearing coming from all sources this year. As long as what they've been telling us is true, AND doesn't get patched to the moon and back to appease the cheese, then this is looking like it'll be the best 2K game in a while.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »