Home

I feel like post scoring in Pro Am is too hard

This is a discussion on I feel like post scoring in Pro Am is too hard within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2018, 05:31 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: I feel like post scoring in Pro Am is too hard

I consider myself a fairly good post scorer.
I rocked both a pure, a shotpost and a slashpost, all went to +90 overal with hof badges. (Shoutout to my boys ‘dat boi’ and ‘guiseppe vuitton’ for teaching me the ropes. Check their YouTube if u wanna improve your post game)

To end 2k18 i tried my hand at a slashing rebounder. Mainly to fill a spot on my pro am team.

I have to say this really Made me doubt to make a postscorer in 19.

I mean, this slashing rebounder got no post badges besides the spin, and i still am as effective in the post.

Post stepbacks, fades, hooks, dropsteps... they’re all just as reliable on my slashreb.

But i get hof revounding, gold posterizer..

I mean, 2k19 is bringing me improved fades/hooks, fouls on blockspam...
Guess i’ll go with a glasscleaner instead of a post for once

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2018, 07:39 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
I rocked both a pure, a shotpost and a slashpost, all went to +90 overal with hof badges. (Shoutout to my boys ‘dat boi’ and ‘guiseppe vuitton’ for teaching me the ropes. Check their YouTube if u wanna improve your post game)

To end 2k18 i tried my hand at a slashing rebounder. Mainly to fill a spot on my pro am team.

I mean, this slashing rebounder got no post badges besides the spin, and i still am as effective in the post.

Post stepbacks, fades, hooks, dropsteps... they’re all just as reliable on my slashreb.

never understood why reb/x got good inside scoring ratings and rim protector got terrible ones. They should be about even for balance sake, esp because a rim protector isn't really that good at rebounding even though they should be probably 85, if you're going to leave them so bad at offense. You'd think they'd at least be really good at collecting the ball after they block a shot or contest to a miss.

-Smak
Old 08-17-2018, 07:49 PM   #27
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos

What may be happening is your extra careful in the post when you aren’t on your post scorer so you become more efficient because you aren’t trying as hard to score on your slashing rebounder.

When i run my PlayStretch big or my rim protector i am more careful in the post so it seems like I’m just as good as my pure post when in reality I’m not. I’m simply passing more. if i were on my pure post I’d be able to try and score instead of passing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-17-2018, 08:55 PM   #28
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
I haven’t used the Gatorade boost much . How do they work exactly ?
There are 3 separate boosts, 3500 for a 10 pack or 500 each.

1. Increase how much stamina you have by 25%
2. Increase stamina recovery rate by 20%
3. Decrease stamina loss rate by 25%

When I was done making builds I just spent the VC I made on these boosts. Since I was usually running the point, I usually just spent it on #3 and I pretty much never fully ran out. If you buy all 3, it appears like you never use stamina at all lol

I might have the numbers wrong on one of them, but it's 20 or 25 on all 3 either way. Costly, but OP. And since I'm likely to stick with one build, and will finally have MLO again, I'll probably be able to blow my extra VC on 2k roids
Old 08-17-2018, 09:18 PM   #29
Rookie

OfficialQbN's Arena

I wouldn't say post scoring is too hard... but it has regressed significantly since 2k16...

Most important badges a pure post scorer doesn't have or needs upgraded:
  • Tear Dropper (Applies to many layup animations a post scorer gets)
  • Difficult Shots (Applies to post step-backs)
  • Acrobat (Applies to dropstep/spins, allows contested layups over smaller defenders)
  • Post Play-maker/Dimer/Flashy Passer (Applies to passes out of the post over double-teams)

In addition to the badge issue, post scorers also cant effectively use the hook shot or shimmy hook because it too frequently comes up as heavily contested even if you have a mismatch or get your defender to bite on a fake...

2K16 allowed for all forms of scoring out of the post... 2K18 really only allows you to stepback, dropstep, or spin... anything else is too unreliable...

Also you have people doubling down in the post which is difficult to deal with in high level pro-am because they don't get punished on dig downs...

90% of the pass animations out of the post in double situations start from your waist/thigh area so it gets stripped almost every time where as in real life great passing centers hold the ball high above their shoulders, let the double arrive (ACCEPT THE DOUBLE), and then hit the open man...

When you're playing high level pro-am there is stunting & baiting going on so you can't play around with the ball down in the post or you'll lose it... This is where not being able to accept the double hurts the most because a player can simply dig down on you knowing that hes not going to get punished by a clean pass out animation or stunt and force a turnover on you anyway because hes in the passing lane...

The whole reason for having a post scorer is to draw 2 defenders and kick out to shooters... If you cant consistently pass out of a two man double and the other teams center can just contested contact dunk almost the whole game then you lose...

Also for anyone wondering... the best post scorer build in 2K18 was the Post Scorer Primary / Shot Creator Secondary... I wont get into why as the answer should be obvious...

Member Of OS Since 2013 (Formerly QB1N)

Last edited by OfficialQbN; 08-17-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:42 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfficialQbN
I wouldn't say post scoring is too hard... but it has regressed significantly since 2k16...

Most important badges a pure post scorer doesn't have or needs upgraded:
  • Tear Dropper (Applies to many layup animations a post scorer gets)
  • Difficult Shots (Applies to post step-backs)
  • Acrobat (Applies to dropstep/spins, allows contested layups over smaller defenders)
  • Post Play-maker/Dimer/Flashy Passer (Applies to passes out of the post over double-teams)

In addition to the badge issue, post scorers also cant effectively use the hook shot or shimmy hook because it too frequently comes up as heavily contested even if you have a mismatch or get your defender to bite on a fake...

2K16 allowed for all forms of scoring out of the post... 2K18 really only allows you to stepback, dropstep, or spin... anything else is too unreliable...

Also you have people doubling down in the post which is difficult to deal with in high level pro-am because they don't get punished on dig downs...

90% of the pass animations out of the post in double situations start from your waist/thigh area so it gets stripped almost every time where as in real life great passing centers hold the ball high above their shoulders, let the double arrive (ACCEPT THE DOUBLE), and then hit the open man...

When you're playing high level pro-am there is stunting & baiting going on so you can't play around with the ball down in the post or you'll lose it... This is where not being able to accept the double hurts the most because a player can simply dig down on you knowing that hes not going to get punished by a clean pass out animation or stunt and force a turnover on you anyway because hes in the passing lane...

The whole reason for having a post scorer is to draw 2 defenders and kick out to shooters... If you cant consistently pass out of a two man double and the other teams center can just contested contact dunk almost the whole game then you lose...

Also for anyone wondering... the best post scorer build in 2K18 was the Post Scorer Primary / Shot Creator Secondary... I wont get into why as the answer should be obvious...
i totally agree with you about the flaw in 2k not letting your accept the double team and pass out, you didnt word it like that but thats basically what you meant...

in real nba the superstar players are the ones who you have to double or they will drop 30 on you, 2k doesnt work like that, when they double you in 2k most times even if you pick the right pass to pass to, it either gets deflected and stolen, or the defense that was doubling you doesnt get attached to the big or ballhandler with ball and just zooms right back to his man, 2k gives them the bs bobble animation leading to what would be a wide open shot in real life 10 outta 10 times into a bobble animation mess of a contested shot if you dare fire it up after the bobble animation allowed the D to unreleastically close out 15 feet on a pass to catch and shot scenerio, my biggest pet peeve in 2k perimeter defense and double teaming, there is no downside to defense gamblind and doubling someone, in real life double teams happen all the time but what makes the player special in real life is how they pass outta a double team, and 2k just doesnt allow superstar team players to shine in current mechanics of game, it probably sounds like i repeated my self a lot, but i was trying to be clear as possible on my issue with not being able to pass how i want to outta double teams
Old 08-18-2018, 09:10 AM   #31
Rookie

jcofor25's Arena

OVR: 8

I started with a pure post scorer and made it to 96 before making a sharpshooting post scorer. Still averaging 17.5 it’s and 9 rebs 3.4 assists so here are the keys:
INSIDE SEALS ARE EASY BUCKETS!!!! If your man isn’t between the rim just post up with inside positioning and wait for the pass. After that all it is is go up or pump and jam (depending the help).

Spot up by the 2 or M on the baseline a few plays here and there to space the floor. Centers always will try and protect the rim. Easy buckets

Post hops are you’re best shot from 7-10 feet away from the basket. From the post just look at the floor and hop where the space is. If there is any space between you and your man pull it. If not pass out or if someone has a one on one inside give him a chance.

Hooks and fades only drop if you’re considered open. If your guy doesn’t have his back on you with a one on one hit the fade. You can test the guy and see if he plays it, if he sags off fade again an lean on your mid range and up and under badge and difficult shot for the up and fade.

If you’re posted up and they drive you’re direction, GET OUT THE WAY!!!! Let them take a garbage double-teamed shot. Either two things will happen: you will be open for a mid range, or you will be unboxed for an easy offensive rebound.

If your in the post don’t be a black hole. Always look for a easy assist while in the post. Most players never give you one on one in pro am, so if a double comes and a *shooter* is open, easy dimes. It helps to know what you’re going to do before you get the pass. For me it goes as follows:
5-7 feet - Dropstep finish or post hop (depending on spacing)
7-12 feet - post spin or hop (depending)
12-15 feet - any where here is spot up territory. Usually your guy will start to sag off or help d in the lane. If I get I here and not ready to shoot or my guy is playing tight I’ll post up looking for a double to come. Post spins work well here on silver and above.
Corner three- anyone can make corner threes if your hot sit in the corner and wait. My pure post scorer be banging threes if left wide open.

Check the tapes.
---->PURE Post Scorer Highlights<-----

Last edited by jcofor25; 08-18-2018 at 09:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I have 4 or 5 post scorers on my friends list who play Pro Am, and now that most teams in this mode are running at least one (and often two) sharpshooter at PF and/or C, it's become commonplace to see one of our post scorers have a 40- or 50-point game any time that we're playing people who don't want to double team the post:

In 2K18, all you need to go off like that is a favorable matchup and teammates who understand how to make a good entry pass and space the floor around you.

Last edited by jyoung; 08-18-2018 at 09:34 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »